Hammell V Fox

patons02

Who is better, Fox or Hammell?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better, Fox or Hammell?

• Fox
    • Hammell

I didn't see the game last night but Fox obviously tore Rapid a new one as Celtic went goals a-plenty and extended their run to 1 win in 6 at European level.

Fox did well last night. Bit of pace,decent cross on him. It was a higher standard of match than jsut any you'll see in the SPL. I see you fallen into the Lee Wallace camp. Did you see his display in Zagreb?

Well if wee Stevie was a bit taller, and had Jim Patersons legendary, mythical pace and by-line hitting ability ( :lol: ) it'd be a no-brainer.

Seriously, how well does this refelect on the SFA's English scouting network when someone only gets a shout when they join the OF? Same old, same old...

Fox did well last night. Bit of pace,decent cross on him. It was a higher standard of match than jsut any you'll see in the SPL. I see you fallen into the Lee Wallace camp. Did you see his display in Zagreb?

And you have fallen into the trap of OMG Europe bigger stage bollocks - Lee Wallace ripped Rangers to pieces and they're in the Champions League, not the Europa League :P Wallace display in Zagrab was not great, his performance at Tynie was a joy to watch as a Scotland fan against the same team, a team I would rate higher than Rapid....

Saying that! I think we're the only team to have two players that have marked Rooney oot a game and both are known to be shite to some of our fans.... :lol:

Lee Wallace has morphed into Paolo Maldini circa 1994 in a lot of people's minds the last few days.

It seems reasonable to judge players by the standard of opposition.

We did. Rangers and Celtic past and present (not to mention a few of the best Under 19 sides in the world) one a Champions League side the other a massive Europa League side (eh like Rapid) were given a torid time by Lee Wallace down the left side. Fox has what... given Rapid a torid time and struggled against eh Hearts - Lee Wallace's club?

Hammell - European wins 2, OF wins "dunno but a few"

Fox - European wins 1, OF wins 0

:lol:

Hammell wins against Manchester United - 1 (while marking Rooney oot the game, and getting booked for kicking him up in the air)

Fox wins against Manchester United - 0

I'm sure we could do a lot of these in favour of both players :P

Seriously, how well does this refelect on the SFA's English scouting network when someone only gets a shout when they join the OF? Same old, same old...

To be fair to Fox. About 4 months ago he couldn't play for Scotland as he had been capped at Under 21 Level by England and was over 21. FIFA changed the rules, which allows him to be capped for Scotland.

Hammell wins against Manchester United - 1 (while marking Rooney oot the game, and getting booked for kicking him up in the air)

Fox wins against Manchester United - 0

I'm sure we could do a lot of these in favour of both players :lol:

Did Danny Fox not play in Coventry's win at Old Trafford in the same competition (Carling Cup) - Mifsud grabbing the winner for the Sky Blues?

If so, surely that is a greater achievement than Hammell doing it at Roots Hall..?

Wallace was poor against a ten man Rangers side and at fault for Celtic's winning goal a few weeks back. He's not the superstar you're making him out to be.

Whle you're basing Fox on a game against Rapid Vienna? While in the SPL for 5 games he has been no great shakes (Suso putting him on his arse at least twice against Hearts)....

Whle you're basing Fox on a game against Rapid Vienna? While in the SPL for 5 games he has been no great shakes (Suso putting him on his arse at least twice against Hearts)....

I'm not saying anything about Fox other than he had a good game last night,first time I've went out of my way to look at his play. You really have a stauner for Lee Wallace though,don't you?

Wallace was poor against a ten man Rangers side and at fault for Celtic's winning goal a few weeks back. He's not the superstar you're making him out to be.

Didn't Rio Ferdinand make a complete fuck up a couple of weeks back? He's lost his superstatus then!

All players have bad games, you can't really judge players on a small selection of games. Hibs fans watching us last week will probably think Giles Coke is really shitty compared to Kevin McBride.

The point is, we are going to cap this guy just to 'mark' him cos he's not really Scottish and could piss off and play for other nations if he should feel like it. We are giving him a game for Scotland exactly because he's not entirely committed to the cause and this prevents him playing for anyone else.

It's also unfair on others who have worked hard over long seasons to get to their position in the game and neither is it picking the player on merit.

If 6 months from now Fox has had an impressive season and is personally committed to Scotland, fine, give him a chance but picking him now isn't right.

Did Danny Fox not play in Coventry's win at Old Trafford in the same competition (Carling Cup) - Mifsud grabbing the winner for the Sky Blues?

If so, surely that is a greater achievement than Hammell doing it at Roots Hall..?

The 2-0 game? No he didn't play he was playing for Wallsall at the time.

One thing, Hammell is not pish, he is a very high standard of SPL player. Those who think he is pish need to watch more football from around the world - even in la liga there are some shocking left backs.... As for Danny Fox, well it's a disgrace he is in the squad not because Hammell is not but because Lee Wallace, who has, for the last three years been the best left back in the country - at Club and International Youth level - is not.

Good post ,Hammell has been one of our better players this season.

Hammell isnt good enough for Scotland, but i havent seen anything of Fox to make me think he's good enough. If Fox was playing at Fir Park, and Hammell was at Celtic, then i think Stevie would be in the Scotland squad every week, and Fox would still be considered English.

As far as the poll goes, everyone is allowed an opinion, that is what it is therefore, isnt it?