Billy Dodds

Wellarmy

I don't give a shit whether he "has nothing against us". We are all entitled to our opinion. Mine and the vast majority of posters are of the opinion he is a numbnuts that knows as much about football as my granny!!
Vast majority? I think you just made that up.

No-one is getting worked up - a few including myself find it a little stange (biased or not) that given our relatively decent start to the SPL he has yet to forecast us for a win even with home tied v Killie and Falkirk to pick from :whistling:
Sufficiently worked up to start a new thread about it.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't give a shit whether he "has nothing against us". We are all entitled to our opinion. Mine and the vast majority of posters are of the opinion he is a numbnuts that knows as much about football as my granny!!

No-one is getting worked up - a few including myself find it a little stange (biased or not) that given our relatively decent start to the SPL he has yet to forecast us for a win even with home tied v Killie and Falkirk to pick from :huh:

I find it amazing and almost 'one half of the old firm paranoia a-go-go esque' what yez make up to get worked up about.

Imagine getting het up about whether a pundit backs one team or another in a set of weekly forecasts.

Fuck ma bunnet! :whistling:

With all due respect you are just mouthing off cos you don't like the guy. You are entitled to not like him but don't make up 'evidence' that's easily proved bullshit with the minimium of effort.

I never quoted there....I was more a summarisation as it seems he is betting against us all the time.

He said we'd get Well beaten of Dundee United, and I'm sure he tipped St Johnstone and Aberdeen to beat us, along with Inverness - and obviously Rangers.

I don't really have anything against him as such, just I think he's very selective in what he see's in football.

Yeah I'm sure my comments are a bit OTT, and I'm sure he would be a decent bloke if I ever met him, but I'm fed up of him thinking we are going to get beat MOST weeks as it suggests to me that in his eyes all good things we acheive are out of luck or over-acheivement.

It's that attitude that takes away from the tremendous start Gannon has made to his Well career. He was already fighting a losing battle following in the shadow of media darling whore Mark McGhee. We have acheived what we have this season through re-invention from Gannon, explosive energy from our young players and hard work. And that in my eyes in a big two fingers to people like Dodds who see us as some sort of whipping boys keen to put our ability down at every opportunity!!

Hugh Keevings is another one who loves to shoot us down.

Coincidently, did he not predict we would finish bottom this season?? I'm sure he did in the Daily Record, but not sure. Can anyone confirm?

He said we'd get Well beaten of Dundee United, and I'm sure he tipped St Johnstone and Aberdeen to beat us, along with Inverness - and obviously Rangers.

St Johnstone 1-1 Motherwell http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/8212157.stm DODDSY GETS IT RIGHT!

Aberdeen 2-2 Motherwell http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/s...rem/8248344.stm DODDSY GETS IT RIGHT!

Oh and I doubt he predicted Inverness to win cos the league cup isn't part of the BBC Predictor and nothing is coming up in searches.

Seriously, guys, if this was on a Celtic board we'd be laughing at the paranoia.

I find it amazing and almost 'one half of the old firm paranoia a-go-go esque' what yez make up to get worked up about.

Imagine getting het up about whether a pundit backs one team or another in a set of weekly forecasts.

Fuck ma bunnet! :lol:

Exactly! It's Friday guys chill out.

MJC predicts on here that we will lose every week and he's an alleged fan :P

In MJCs defence he doesn't, in contrast to stereotype he predicts wins occaisionally, although when he does, we tend to lose. He is predicting a draw tomorrow along with wee Doddsy the Antichrist, so go figure.... :lol:

How many games have we won? And how many have we drawn? :lol: How many games have Falkirk drawn? Oh look it's three in a row.

Look dispassionately at the results and tell me a draw isn't a sensible guess for tomorrow's result.

For the record I'm going 2-1 to us but then Billy Dodds isn't paying £20 to get in like I am.

Or you could look at who is playing at home or the goals scored and points accumulated so far this season and not forgetting the current position in the league. I would say a home win is as much a sensible guess...........

That said I am quite happy if he continues not to back us to win. Odds are when in April 2010 he does tip us for a win we will lose!!

Or you could look at who is playing at home or the goals scored and points accumulated so far this season and not forgetting the current position in the league. I would say a home win is as much a sensible guess...........

That said I am quite happy if he continues not to back us to win. Odds are when in April 2010 he does tip us for a win we will lose!!

That's the jist of it is it not? Nobody knows nothing.

You are right, a 1-0 or 2-1 or even 2-0 home win would "as much a sensible guess" but what I am taking from what you've said there is that you don't think guessing a draw is a ridiculous suggestion either because it's "as much" a sensible guess. Both are sensible, you can justify why you might think it might be a home win and someone else can justify why they might think it would be a draw.

What is ridiculous is the idea that Billy Dodds has some kind of agenda against us and always backs the other team even if it would be preposterous to do so, that is obviously not the case, he's tipped us to lose twice, away to Dundee United and home to Rangers - I'm pretty sure most Motherwell fans would have done the same.

I know for a fact that the substance of the original post is bullshit. However it doesn't stop people making stuff up and telling us all that Billy Dodds doesn't rate us. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Doddsy talks football to a very good mate of mine (and a diehard well fan) on a daily basis.

At the end of the day, a prediction of the outcome of a football match before it has started is no more than a guess. No one knows how a game is going to pan out over 90 minutes or how certain players will play and if anyone will be sent off or injured or if bad refereeing decisions affect the result etc. Certainly when I make a prediction on here, I don't sit and think about it for hours beforehand. As has been said, I've predicted us to lose on here before every SPL game this season and apart from last week, my predictions have been wrong. As a Motherwell fan, I'm obviously delighted to have been wrong on so many occasions that I've predicted a defeat, but on the whole I don't think my predictions, or mere guesses have been that crazy...For example, on day one, I predicted on here that St.Johnstone would beat us 2-1(I think). Now, in the end, I was wrong. But so were those who predicted that we'd go up there and win comfortably by 2-0 or 3-0 scorelines and as it happens, we could easily have lost that game as St.Johnstone were probably the better side over the piece and missed an absolute sitter late on in the game with the scores level, so I don't think a prediction of a narrow defeat is any more wide of the mark than one that had us winning 3-0! Likewise with the Aberdeen game at Pittodrie, we got a point, but were clinging on at the end. My point being, that it doesn't take much for a 'prediction' to be blown out of the water.

No one has a crystal ball when they make their predictions, it's just that some people predict from a neutral perspective, like Billy Dodds, or from the Claret & Amber tinted spectacles perspective, like some on here, or from a negative/realistic/non Claret & Amber tinted spectacles wearing/having been a Motherwell supporter for long enough to know that Motherwell are actually a very hard team to predict, but at the same time hoping to be proved wrong point of view, like certain others do...

Quite a few times in this thread the saying ' he knows nothing about football' has bropped up when refering to Billy Dodds.

Can i just remind these people that the guy played and scored goals in every competition Scotland has to offer aswell as playing internationally and in europe with rangers. He has won countless league and cup medals in his career and probably made a barrel load of money doing so - not a bad amount anyway for a 'fairly good' wee player.

Can i ask how many of those who think he 'knows nothing about football' have done the same? That's right,none of you. When you have,come back and start mouthing about he knows 'nothing about football' i keep forgetting punters are the font of all footballing knowledge these days when realistically we know very little about the in's and out's of the professional game.

Also,predicting Motherwell to draw is hardly surprising - we don't score many goals and we don't concede many either. In that logic - draw seems a fairly decent prediction.

:D

I remember when Aberdeen, Utd and Motherwell were fighting it out for top 3 a few seasons back he commented that it was between Aberdeen and Utd for 3rd. He got that wrong.

I am sure (though I can't find it anywhere) that he tipped us for the drop this year. I am very confident that he's got that wrong. Daryl Broadfoot also tipped us for the drop. I have no idea how they come to that conclusion given that these predictions were made after the Euro games.

I don't think that there is any hidden agenda with the wee man, I just don't think he rates Motherwell as much of a team which happens to be a bit off the mark given that Falkirk, Killie, Hamilton, St Mirren share a league with us..

On another note, I listened to the Well v Rangers game on the radio. The wee fella was so insistant that it was not a pen that I actually believed him. When I saw the highlights, it was a penalty.

We also listened to the Killie v Gers game on the way up to Dundee and again he was bewildered at the Mendes sending off. So insistent was he that once again we believed him. Once again we saw the highlights and it was a sending off.

For a guy who gets paid money to be a pundit, he gets a good few things wrong.

Before anybody accuses me of anti Rangers bias, on Tuesday night it was definetly a penalty. That one he got right.

I am sure that he is a lovely man all the same.

Quite a few times in this thread the saying ' he knows nothing about football' has bropped up when refering to Billy Dodds.

Can i just remind these people that the guy played and scored goals in every competition Scotland has to offer aswell as playing internationally and in europe with rangers. He has won countless league and cup medals in his career and probably made a barrel load of money doing so - not a bad amount anyway for a 'fairly good' wee player.

Can i ask how many of those who think he 'knows nothing about football' have done the same? That's right,none of you. When you have,come back and start mouthing about he knows 'nothing about football' i keep forgetting punters are the font of all footballing knowledge these days when realistically we know very little about the in's and out's of the professional game.

Also,predicting Motherwell to draw is hardly surprising - we don't score many goals and we don't concede many either. In that logic - draw seems a fairly decent prediction.

<_<

To be fair Maurice Malpas probably achieved more than Dodds as a player and he knows fuck all :whistling: