Fao East Stand Middle Section

Moe_Green

I Agree. If we keep the baw then they cannae score.

Simples

look at the hibs game though. 20 odd passes from us followed by o'brien losing it and them scoring within ten seconds.

what good chances have we created from open play in the past five league games? the way we're playing isn't working and gannon's description of us as looking like a good football team in the first 30 minutes yesterday is worrying as we're unable to put a shite falkirk team under any real pleasure.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what good chances have we created from open play in the past five league games? the way we're playing isn't working and gannon's description of us as looking like a good football team in the first 30 minutes yesterday is worrying as we're able to put a shite falkirk team under any real pleasure.

Aberdeen

Sutton x3 and Jariswick both had a few decent chances to score

Result 0-0

Rangers

Big Yass great cross to Sutton, for it to bounce of Sutton.

Big Yass great cross to Coke (I think) for him to blast over the bar

Result 0-0

Dundee United

Jutkiewicz forces a good save from the United Keeper.

Result 1-0 us

Hibernian

Nae idea, missed it

Lost 3-1

Falkirk

Did we have any. Didn't matter

Won 1-0

OK we have not created much but in the last 5 games we have won 2 and drawn 2 and lost 1. It doesn't matter if we have no shots on goal from open play as long as we make free kicks, corners or penalties count - you don't get any extra bonus points for goals scored in open play.

look at the hibs game though. 20 odd passes from us followed by o'brien losing it and them scoring within ten seconds.

what good chances have we created from open play in the past five league games? the way we're playing isn't working and gannon's description of us as looking like a good football team in the first 30 minutes yesterday is worrying as we're able to put a shite falkirk team under any real pleasure.

Last 5 league games.

Aberdeen (A) A draw. Would you have taken that before the game?

Rangers (h) A draw Would you have taken that before the game?

Dundee United (a) A Win I don't need to ask you this one it's obvious.

Hibernian (H) A pumping ! We were poor and got beasted.

Falkirk (H) Played shit and won. Are you really dissapointed? Would you prefer a 4-3 defeat?

My maths isn't the best but that is 8 out of 15. Not championship material but if we do that all season we will be in Europe. So it is working. It isn't pretty but I'd rather win ugly than have glorious failure any day of the week. I get enough of that with Scotland FFS. If we are picking up this amount of points playing pish just see what we do when we are playing well.

Do you struggle to see the positive side in anything?

Oh aye there is 4 clean sheets in their for you as well.

what are we grinding our way towards, 4th or 5th place? i could see the point in keep it tight and attempting to rack up the points if we were actually in a with a shot of gaining anything signficant from it but for me finishing 4th rather than 7th isn't worth sitting through 20 odd performances like the ones yesterday and at tanndice.

imo accies and falkirk are so bad this season that relegation isn't a worry for us so why not try and play a bit of football. at stockport gannon always had a target of either staying up or getting promoted, we don't have anything like that to aim for and all most fans want is to watch the team attempt to play attractive, attacking football. the way we're going we're in danger of turning into a slightly better version of st mirren.

what are we grinding our way towards, 4th or 5th place? i could see the point in keep it tight and attempting to rack up the points if we were actually in a with a shot of gaining anything signficant from it but for me finishing 4th rather than 7th isn't worth sitting through 20 odd performances like the ones yesterday and at tanndice.

So Europa League Qualification isn't significant?

imo accies and falkirk are so bad this season that relegation isn't a worry for us so why not try and play a bit of football. at stockport gannon always had a target of either staying up or getting promoted, we don't have anything like that to aim for and all most fans want is to watch the team attempt to play attractive, attacking football. the way we're going we're in danger of turning into a slightly better version of st mirren.

Are you serious? 4th means another jont to Europe and a great deal more money than 7th.

Are you really saying you would rather play like Arsenal now and finish 7th than play like the 89-96 Arsenal and finish 4th.

Ideally like today's Arsenal and finish 4th is good but the result is the most important thing. Greece bored Europe to the european champioships in 2004 but do you think their fans gave a shit?

And Wellfan 1984 you keep beating me to the post <_<

So Europa League Qualification isn't significant?

firstly i don't think we're anymore likely to qualify for europe through the league by playing it safe with a 4-5-1 than we would be if we played in a more cavalier style. we're riding our luck just now (ruddy's saves from bougherra and the triple, dillon giving away the pen, two headers from two yards from corners, arfield's shot hitting the bar), eventually our luck will change and we'll have to earn the wins.

and for me, playing negatively (or at least passively) all season to qualify for europe isn't worth it. i had a great time in nancy and bucharest but the games themselves were poor fare if you were a motherwell fan. i'd much rather we tried to attack and entertain domestically even if it meant getting a few bloody noses than boring our way to a couple of games against a foriegn team and a massive piss up. i'd rather enjoy the 40 odd domestic games than grind it out for the sake of two or maybe four glamour ties.

firstly i don't think we're anymore likely to qualify for europe through the league by playing it safe with a 4-5-1 than we would be if we played in a more cavalier style. we're riding our luck just now (ruddy's saves from bougherra and the triple, dillon giving away the pen, two headers from two yards from corners, arfield's shot hitting the bar), eventually our luck will change and we'll have to earn the wins.

and for me, playing negatively (or at least passively) all season to qualify for europe isn't worth it. i had a great time in nancy and bucharest but the games themselves were poor fare if you were a motherwell fan. i'd much rather we tried to attack and entertain domestically even if it meant getting a few bloody noses than boring our way to a couple of games against a foriegn team and a massive piss up. i'd rather enjoy the 40 odd domestic games than grind it out for the sake of two or maybe four glamour ties.

I finally get your point and can see where you are coming from. However, I don't think we are playing negatively at all. I just don't think we have clicked yet. I think once we do we will dish out a few hammerings. All we need is the strikers to get their finishing boots on. I honestly don't think we are far off it. If we were making they passes against Falkirk when 3-0 up then crowd would be giving it 'ole' 'ole' and all that jazz.

And I'd still take 4th place at all costs and a trip to Europe.

Just as he'd launched it someone quite loudly yelled "That's fucking terrible" or along those lines only the ball to land right at the feet at the intended recipient (Hammell possibly).

There's a tosser like this sits in section M too, my mates have long since sat elsewhere. It would be funny but it's every week and his analysis is fucking honking as well.

I think perseverance is the key. We've put in fantastic performances against teams in Europe, Killie and Rangers using the same tactics. This style of play will come good, it just appears that quite a few players who were integral to making the system work aren't playing to their full potential.

While I agree that people are entitled to their opinions, there are definitely a few out there as mentioned that sit and moan for the sake of it. Shut up and let the people around you watch the game in peace. I was sitting in the Cooper with my kids a few months back and there were 3 guys right behind me who sat and criticised the whole way through (in a game where we were playing well and won quite easily) but it wasn't just they were criticising, it was the language and they were quite loud, and my younger kid was starting to get a bit scared. I had to ask them to tone it down, and you should have seen the looks I got from them. Thank goodness they eventually left to go to the pub about halfway through the second half.

there are a bunch of folk who stand at the back 2 rows at the edge of the second section as you enter the east stand and if you want talking pish.. try sitting near there.

the surprise i got at the full time whistle.... folk booing a win!!!!! it wasn't the best performance but 3 points is 3 points.

Lee

After yet another round of abuse for Ross Forbes from the guys next to me because he dared to pass the ball backwards instead of having a hopeful punt forward, I got fed up and ended up explaining possession football to them. :rolleyes:

Aye I was a bit disappointed at times when Ross seemed to get caught a bit flat footed when he unexpectedly ended up being the nearest midfielder to thr ball, but to his credit he hardly ever gives the ball away. Still has a bit to add to his game, which will hopefully come with experience, doesn't deserve the abuse that some people have been giving him in the meantime. Hopefully he'll get a run out as a sub for the national U-21s, get a taste of what could lie ahead for him and come back for SPL duty after a break and a change of scenery.

Despite looking like we wanted to throw the game away yesterday (and god we went close), my biggest moan was the total lack of movement at throw ins. No-one ever looks like they want the ball and are content to stand beside one of the opposition players.. almost as if it was the opposition that have the throw in! It was the same story last season, but not as noticeable for most of the games so far this season - please don't go back to old habits.

Despite looking like we wanted to throw the game away yesterday (and god we went close), my biggest moan was the total lack of movement at throw ins. No-one ever looks like they want the ball and are content to stand beside one of the opposition players.. almost as if it was the opposition that have the throw in! It was the same story last season, but not as noticeable for most of the games so far this season - please don't go back to old habits.

Worst one for me was we were on the attack via Hammell (might have been a dead ball) Falkirk end up clearing their lines and the ball goes out on the East Stand side about in line with our defending 18 yard box (Reynolds shepherded it out)... so instead of Reynolds taking a quick throw in to the 3 players in 'Well tops he waits for Hammell to trek back, allowing Falkirk to mark every player in a Well top - why the fuck do we do that? :rolleyes:

I sit there and actually moved from one side of the section to the other and a few rows in front when getting ma season ticket to get away from this couple who moaned non stop. Couldn't face another season listening to their pish.Unfortunately i seemed to have landed next to another "fan" who can do nothing but criticise for the full game.Ok we weren't that good yesterday second half but if we can play badly and still walk away with three points we should be happy at that,we're not gonna be great every week. As for the possession football, can these twats not realise if we've got the ball the other team can't score :rolleyes:

there are a bunch of folk who stand at the back 2 rows at the edge of the second section as you enter the east stand and if you want talking pish.. try sitting near there.

the surprise i got at the full time whistle.... folk booing a win!!!!! it wasn't the best performance but 3 points is 3 points.

Lee

I went to sit there for the second half yesterday and they just talk pish loudly and constantly ..Forbes isnae trying since he got his contract, that Moutakhil is f****g brutal and they 'analyse' every move , pass , shot, tackle, pie, anything . They just love the sound of their own voices..will give them a miss next game

Its unfortunate that the loudest ones tend to be the most negative and ill-informed tubes inside the ground!

If we keep getting on the backs of the younger players it will only have a detrimental effect on them and the team as a whole, is that too difficult to grasp?!!

Lets the rest of us shout louder in praise of the team, and drown out the eejits.

europe is all we can aim for at the start of the season,i dont care how we achieve it as euro trips abroad with motherwell are the best times of you're life :rolleyes:

Lee

Frazzle, Melvin Bragg, Mitch by any chance? -_-

Which one of the three talks the most pish or loudest? ^_^

This may be a sweeping generalisation but I think that it is the older members of our support that don't tolerate the passing about at the back. From what I hear round about me some of the old boys think that route one is the way forward (retro football).

Aye it is a sweeping statement. I'm an 'older member' of our support and I totally applaud what Jim Gannon's trying to do. Possession of the football is 9/10ths of the game. I for one am pleased to see it and he has been a breath of fresh air in the SPL unlike those on the usual managerial merry-go-round who perpetrate the 'long ball game'. How many times do you see Scottish footballers looking up to see that there is nothing on then just booting the ball up the park hoping that something will come out of it?

Since Gannon arrived, we have played some of the best football I've seen from a Motherwell team in years. And, he has got us playing like a team all working for each other and not 11 individuals.

As far as the East Stand's concerned, I thought all the 'moaning gits' were in the Main Stand. I've moved back to the East Stand after a few seasons in the Main Stand (for financial reasons) and it seems there are just as many if not more there.