Liam Buchanan

underboyleheating

Out of contract at the end of the season and according to my Thistle mate he is an outstanding player. There was a rumour we were interested in him at the start of the season and may be the missing link upfront. I'm sure he would be available (for a smallish fee?) in January as Thistle will not want their prize asset leave for nothing in the summer.

Any thoughts?

Liam Buchanan Profile

Heard about this before mate. Having seen Buchanan in action a few times i think he would be a great replacement clarky type striker, puts in a lot of effort and isnt too bad in front of goal either :rolleyes:

Out of contract at the end of the season and according to my Thistle mate he is an outstanding player. There was a rumour we were interested in him at the start of the season and may be the missing link upfront. I'm sure he would be available (for a smallish fee?) in January as Thistle will not want their prize asset leave for nothing in the summer.

Any thoughts?

Liam Buchanan Profile

It says in that link he's contracted til May 2011

Interview in

The Sun

LIAM BUCHANAN has revealed he owed it to Partick Thistle to sign a new deal.

The Jags stuck by the striker, who was in the final year of his contract, during an injury-hit last two seasons.

And fit-again Buchanan admits he had to repay Jags manager Ian McCall and the Firhill club by signing a new one-year deal.

Buchanan said: "I felt I had to stay another year. I had a bad spell with injuries, but the gaffer, the chairman and the doctor were so good to me.

"I feel I have to show loyalty to them. I don't think it would have been fair if I just walked away after they had been so good to me.

"I don't think I have played enough at Thistle and felt I needed to give something back, so it was an easy decision to make when the gaffer said he wanted to give me another year. I want to make up for lost time and give them back the year I missed out on."

Buchanan was dogged by a pelvic problem but insists he is back to full fitness and has proven that by hitting seven goals in seven games.

But he still harbours ambitions of playing in the SPL - and hopes he can do that with Jags.

Thistle sit a point behind leaders Queen of the South ahead of today's visit of Airdrie and Buchanan said: "I am happy with the way I've started the season and I have scored a few goals.

"This is the best I have felt at the club. I don't have any of the niggles I was feeling last season when I was stop-start all the time.

"I have ambitions to play at the highest level, but there is a right good spirit about the team and I am confident we can push on, be successful and hopefully win the league this season.

"We were a bit slack to begin with, but now we have started to pick up wins.

"If you can avoid the draws then you can start climbing the table." Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine also penned new one-year deals, while Paul Cairney signed on for three more years.

Buchanan added: "The gaffer has got these guys on longer deals and it is good for the club and fans.

"They are lucky there are such good players coming through who will be at the club for another year at least."