General Motherwell Questions Thread

David

Well while their was terracing it was the Scottish Cup Replay against rangers was 35,000 ish but im guessing i beleive when it was all seated it might be the Nancy game am i right?

Also the lowest ever at Fir park was 235 for the gretna CIS cup game against Dumbarton

But obviously that wasnt for motherwell

Well while their was terracing it was the Scottish Cup Replay against rangers was 35,000 ish but im guessing i beleive when it was all seated it might be the Nancy game am i right?

Also the lowest ever at Fir park was 235 for the gretna CIS cup game against Dumbarton

But obviously that wasnt for motherwell

skippy sunday would be the biggest with all the seats full

Not all seats were full. I bought two tickets that day to stop one of them getting it. ;)

:notworthy::notworthy:

I put an old MFC hat on e-bay, suggesting that it might be an appropriate disguise for a Tim with a 'Well end ticket. However, I did intimate that their squinty puss would no doubt give the game away anyway ..................... got plenty plaudits from fans of non Mauldeez teams :nod:

Segregation I'd say .........................pity we can't turn the clock back over 30 years for a visit of the Jambo hordes. The East Stand is a covered terrace before the fence was built and OB create a 5 yard wide no mans land down the middle of the terracing. 40 OB or so are supported by half-a dozen police dogs on either side keeping hundreds of the long haired bovver boys apart, but when a goal is scored the gap is breached and all hell breaks loose.

Ah the days :notworthy:

OK had a quick look but as of sometime before December 2007 we had 10000 shares in Workington Reds but sold them to some guy. From their forum:-

Having attended last nights shareholders meeting I must admit I was a bit apprehensive and feared the worst when the Brothertons demanded a poll vote on the Jos Taylor/ Alec Graham re-election issue knowing how many shares that Dale Brotherton Held and his father stating that they would use the 10000 purchased from Motherwell FC. You could feel the tension lifted when Mr Dobie announced the result of the poll to the cheers and applauds of the shareholders present. A lasting memory for me will be the Brotherton's storming out of the room with their tail between their legs with not even a goodnight. I wonder what backdoor tactic they will use next.

I read in the last GLF that 'Well were 9-0 up at half-time against Falkirk in a league cup tie in 1962. Is this a record H.T. score in professional Scottish football ? Incredible achievement.

Probably not a record.

Stirling Albion won a cup game 20-0 a few years ago, not sure what the ht was.

Plus there were 36-0 and 35-0 hunners of years ago. :lol:

Probably not a record.

Stirling Albion won a cup game 20-0 a few years ago, not sure what the ht was.

Plus there were 36-0 and 35-0 hunners of years ago. :D

I think that 20-0 games was in the 80s, wasn't it ? You're probably right there, but 9-0 at half-time :lol: . Incidentally the final score was 9-1 : a game of two halves !