A Place To Discuss A Sensible View Of What Happened Tonight

steelboy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So charging towards their goal with double the attackers that there were defenders wasnt an obvious goal scoring opportunity?

Aye ok, you're a dragon, what do you know.

Did the fouled player have an obvious goalscoring opportunity?

does no-one else think steven saunders at right back is another disaster waiting to happen? he gave the ball away too many times in that position last night; i think he's a great wee player but not at right back. I felt sorry for him when he got sent back out at RB last night after a difficult first half, Craigan should have been dropped to make way for him moving to centre back IMO. Admittedly Moutouakil didnt play great but he was out of position and could do a job at right back on saturday i reckon, especially up against Driver. ( i think he plays on the left aye?).

Gannon got it completely wrong last night, but there are a few players who just haven't performed in the last two matches.

Sorry to quote just the opening paragraph of your post Jay... aside, I'm sure Mr Gannon will realise he got it wrong. You mention Hateley as being out of form, the local press has Mr Gannon stating Hateley as outstanding last week and is questioning those on the fringes of the squad where I agree problems may have arisen through lack of competition for places, hence, the knicker wetters choice Lasley not being returned to the fold.

Jay yer spot on with wanting Lasley back in the team, we don't have alot of leaders but Lasley is definately one and weve missed him at a couple of points in the season.

:thumbup: When? We've been beaten once in the league and cup. It's nearly November :lol:

The only games I have missed this season are Flamurtari and Steau away and I'll be damned when I'm in the ground and watching the game if I can confidently state the formation. Even with last night I have heard it referred to as 3-4-2-1/5-4-1 and so on. Players getting played out of position, formations being chopped and changed......I'm not sure our squad is good enough for that. If 4-4-3 didn't work for McGhee we toiled. Gannon isn't afraid to mix it but maybe a little too much. Most games we don't seem to have a midfield and very little threat up front. Despite shipping six goals in 180 minutes to St Mirren I am fairly happy with the defence. I'm fairly concerned where the goals are coming from as I am not convinced by Lukas. Maybe give 4-4-2 a go Jim!!

So charging towards their goal with double the attackers that there were defenders wasnt an obvious goal scoring opportunity?

Aye ok, you're a dragon, what do you know.

I think you appear to be talking about a different incident to me and one I'm not aware of happening.

What I was talking about was Jim O'Brien nutmegging Jack Ross right on the touchline, maybe five yards inside the St.Mirren half, and Ross standing up straight in front of him and blocking him from running past him.

If there was another incident then I certainly don't recall it ?

As for their being "double the attackers that there were defenders" - that doesn't really matter either. There only has to be one other defending player capable of preventing the goal, other than the goalkeeper of course. Otherwise it isn't a clear or obvious opportunity.

Anyway, enough of this pish, it doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.