Facebook

Guest 'Flow

The club is the first in the SPL to establish a new Facebook page in an attempt to broaden our horizons a little bit more. We've dipped our toe, albeit briefly, into the whole Social Networking scene with a Twitter page but we don't use it nearly enough (long story about how our out-of-date website software can't update Twitter automatically) but these two can be cross-linked so fingers crossed it can work well.

Hopefully it's another branch to our communication arm, getting new stories and official information out to the widest possible audience as quickly as possible... And, it's a little bit of fun!

Anyway, become a Fan at our new Facebook page by CLICKING HERE or you can follow our tweets ( ;):huh::huh: ) by CLICKING HERE

Cheers

'Flow

I canne believe Motherwell are the first club in the SPL to do this but good move. People are finding the majority of their info on football from social media now.
We didn't have this social media malarky when I was a lad. Only email, news groups, mailing lists, IRC, bulletin boards and web sites ;)

Is there going to much difference between the Facebook content and the 'fishul site?

We didn't have this social media malarky when I was a lad. Only email, news groups, mailing lists, IRC, bulletin boards and web sites :P

Is there going to much difference between the Facebook content and the 'fishul site?

In my days it was clubcall, a total rip of phone line that gave interviews news etc on the club for about a pound a minute ;)

good work there flow .. is there any chance of an RSS feed appearing on the official site?

The current one is slightly more problematic in that we're currently using an older version of the Joomla software which means we're quite restricted. We've not gone through an upgrade because we're currently working on a new official website which will, 100%, have RSS feeds along with a whole host of other features.

Not going to put a time frame on when it'll be ready though because we want to get it working 100% and looking good before we go!

Cheers

'Flow

We didn't have this social media malarky when I was a lad. Only email, news groups, mailing lists, IRC, bulletin boards and web sites :D

Facebook is another branch of our communication policy which will give further exposure to out Official Site and gets the news stories out there quicker, faster and more efficiently.

It does have other wee nice bits and bobs that we don't so I suppose it's more of a complimentary to the Official site than anything else. However other clubs down South (Arsenal for example) use it fantastically well and that's the model we're basing it on.

Also nice to nail your Motherwell colours to the proverbial Facebook mast too :woop:

'Flow

In my days it was clubcall, a total rip of phone line that gave interviews news etc on the club for about a pound a minute :D

'Welcome to Motherwell FC ClubCall, the place where you will hear all the news as it happens from Fir Park. But first, let me talk pissh for 2 mins ........................ ' :woop:

500 followers in just two days is brilliant stuff! Proving quite successful so far so if you've still to join us on the Facebook revolution then get involved...

'Flow