Clear Out

Steve Diggle

The thing is Craigan hasn't been mentioned by Gannon - for one Gannon is probably to smart to do that - nothing worse than saying someone has no future then finding out the one man you depend on is that same guy!

If Craigan is leaving then I hope Gannon has an experienced defender in - as we're not going to be able to go on with Hutch, Saunders and Reynolds - especially if Hammell or Yass get injured (or leave) since Saunders is our Right back and Reynolds our left back.... leaving us one central defender (unless Page is getting thrown in again)!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Craigan's on his last year at Fir Park as a first team player to be honest, and I've heard rumours that he has even been told this by Gannon. However, as it's his testimonial year he will be at the club for the whole season - and with whats been mentioned before in this thread, his experience will be invaluable to the club and the young players as Gannon builds his squad.

I would hope he stays on at the club in a coaching/back-up player capicity next year (sure he has 18months left on his contract) as he has been a true ambassador for the club and a loyal servent.

I think the most likely players to be going in January are Lasley, McGarry, Jennings and Fitzpatrick. Fraser will be kept for back-up (and in the possibility Ruddy leaves us in January.) Darren Smith has been injured, and for that reason I think he will stay so Gannon can properly assess him.

I also expect Jim O'Brien to attract interest, and maybe even sign a pre-contract.

???? :O Whit? Where did you hear that? As far as I am aware, he only had an opportunity at Accies a year prior which was ruined due to injury.

i heard that his dad had been trying to use his contacts to get him trials at various spl clubs. accies might have been the only team that took him on a proper trial but he was also meant to have been offered to st mirren and killie as well.

it's a good bit of business from gannon but it's comparable to butcher signing mcdonald. another club stupidly rejected him and we took advantage when he was handed to us on a plate. the coke signing was impressive as i doubt any other spl boss had even heard of him and he's a standout, if gannon can unearth a few more gems like giles from nowhere then we can start talking about his prowess in transfer market.

That was the rumour I heard. TB was offering £800 a week and he was due to sign but in popped MM with 2k. Contract quickly signed, much rubbing of hands etc.

Aye thats what happened,he was on just over £400 pw, wanted £700 pw and MMG nipped in with a 2 year deal at £2kpw, dont know if it was £2k straight or £2k after appearance but it was way ahead of what he was looking for. Fraser said it himself to the Caley boys at training after he signed,He wasnt really looking to leave Inverness but couldnt turn it down

Great judgement McGoo sign a keeper on big bucks whos about as convincing as your 2 year search for a "Dominant Centre Half"

It's obvious McGarry and Fitzpatrick are on the way out. To be fair to both those players, they aren't Top 6 quality and probably not SPL quality. Time to find their level.

It also looks like Gannon doesn't fancy Lasley much. It's hard to tell though as Forbes and Coke have both played virtually ever match they have been available. Personally I think it would be a mistake to let Lasley go, as far as I can see an on form Coke is no better a player than an on form Lasley, and I don't mean that as an insult! I'd definitely want both at the club in case of loss of form or injury.

One I think might be away in January is Steve Jennings. He's only on a one year contract and he hasn't settled in at all. He's not been injured recently, hasn't been selected and he's not even been coming off the bench lately. The fact that Lasley came on before him against Hearts maybe tells you all is not well.

I reckon McGarry will leave and perhaps Dazzler and Fitzy could go out on loan. Don't imagine Las and Crags will leave unless they themselves want to.

It also looks like Gannon doesn't fancy Lasley much. It's hard to tell though as Forbes and Coke have both played virtually ever match they have been available. Personally I think it would be a mistake to let Lasley go, as far as I can see an on form Coke is no better a player than an on form Lasley, and I don't mean that as an insult! I'd definitely want both at the club in case of loss of form or injury.

One I think might be away in January is Steve Jennings. He's only on a one year contract and he hasn't settled in at all. He's not been injured recently, hasn't been selected and he's not even been coming off the bench lately. The fact that Lasley came on before him against Hearts maybe tells you all is not well.

Lasley is the one I'd keep as well. Not that it would come as any surprise to any on here, I've always been a fan of his. I think during some of the recent sub par performances of Coke and Forbes he could certainly have come on and added a bit of industry. He certainly looks more mobile than Jennings and while he doesn't have the same range of passing, he could certainly patrol in front of the back four in any enforced absences that Hately might have. Question is, is he too expensive to be a substitute? He certainly doesn't seem as far out of the picture as some given the fact he was brought on against Hearts, albeit only for a short spell.

Craigan is a funny one. The defence certainly has been playing better in his absence. But a guy who is a first pick for Northern Ireland and has years more experience than any other centre back we have on the books, would you want to be letting him go? You have to figure that on some cold rainy nights in December when (if you'll pardon the expression) hairy arses are required to grind out a result, he'd come into his own. Whether he'll get that chance is another matter...

Lasley is the one I'd keep as well. Not that it would come as any surprise to any on here, I've always been a fan of his. I think during some of the recent sub par performances of Coke and Forbes he could certainly have come on and added a bit of industry. He certainly looks more mobile than Jennings and while he doesn't have the same range of passing, he could certainly patrol in front of the back four in any enforced absences that Hately might have. Question is, is he too expensive to be a substitute? He certainly doesn't seem as far out of the picture as some given the fact he was brought on against Hearts, albeit only for a short spell.

Craigan is a funny one. The defence certainly has been playing better in his absence. But a guy who is a first pick for Northern Ireland and has years more experience than any other centre back we have on the books, would you want to be letting him go? You have to figure that on some cold rainy nights in December when (if you'll pardon the expression) hairy arses are required to grind out a result, he'd come into his own. Whether he'll get that chance is another matter...

Exactly the point I was going to make as I was reading previous posts there. Why let someone who is constantly in the starting XI at international level leave the club? Seems like a crazy idea to me.

As for Lasley, I'd say he is definately worth his place in the squad. Always willing to get stuck in, seems mobile enough and at the very least would offer cover for any of our "1st choice" midfielders. I know its been mentioned that he cam on against Hearts, but did he not make an appearance against the h**s aswell? Didnt look out of place IMO.

I dont think we would particularly miss any of the others mentioned though, maybe best for everyone that they are allowed to move on in search of first team football elsewhere.

I reckon McGarry will leave and perhaps Dazzler and Fitzy could go out on loan. Don't imagine Las and Crags will leave unless they themselves want to.

there will no be nobody leaving unless they want to. dazza, fitzy and mcgarry aren't likely to get the wages they're on here anywhere else or a move to another spl team. they would be mad not to see out their contracts.

i think craigan and lasley have a future at the club, craigan's had a decent start to the season and has grabbed a couple of motm awards for us and done well for NI. lasley played well in wales and albania and in his 20 odd minutes in the spl he's almost scored twice and set up a chance. we had a thread a few months ago where people would have drove hammell to dundee, since then he's been vital for us.

there will no be nobody leaving unless they want to. dazza, fitzy and mcgarry aren't likely to get the wages they're on here anywhere else or a move to another spl team. they would be mad not to see out their contracts.

I'd be surprised if McGarry and Fitzpatrick are on big wages and when you add in things like signing on fee and appearance and win bonuses from playing regular football it might well be worth them moving on rather than sitting out their contracts.

Even if its a small step down in wages it might be worth it for the security of a new longer term contract and getting the minutes on the park.

I'd be surprised if McGarry and Fitzpatrick are on big wages and when you add in things like signing on fee and appearance and win bonuses from playing regular football it might well be worth them moving on rather than sitting out their contracts.

Even if its a small step down in wages it might be worth it for the security of a new longer term contract and getting the minutes on the park.

maybe it will be but i think they'll be doing their sums very carefully before they do anything. they're probably both going to be dropping down to the first and i'd imagine any move that's there for them in january will be there for them in the summer.

gannon made similar comments in the last window and no one left, i doubt he's going to shame anyone into leaving this time.

I would let Fraser,Fitzy and Smith go but I definetly wouldn't let Craggs or Lasley go.We need experienced players in the team to help the younger players through the hard times.

I saw a post saying that a team might steal O'Brien from under our noses.I agree that that might happen but we are an SPL club who have played European football the last couple of years and also been finshing high up the table aswell so why dont we stand up for ourselfs and fight to keep these players and dont let the likes of English League 1 and 2 sides steal our star players.

I would agree with keeping Craigan and Lasley, and possibly Fitz the rest i think have seen better days anyway and don't really fit in with gannon's system.

Marlon-King-001.jpg

YOU DON'T FUCK WITH BIG MARLON

ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE A WEE LASSIE

That's some post that :lol: - Even by the petted one's standards

No mock outrage, just sympathy