Weekly 'well Magazine?

dazamfc

No. A magazine costs alot of money to produce and the simple fact is there isn't enough well fans interestedin buying one for it to be worthwile. The club did pilot one a coupole of years back and I imagine they lost money through it which is why it disappeared. I still have every copy of 91 with Uncle Phil on the cover of one of the issues.

It's not though. Something from the club would mean people being paid.

There is a fanzine and match programme at every home game. Having picked up the fanzine a few times there is plenty in there to keep ye going.

No danger of the fanzine going weekly though. That's taking the labour of love tag too far. ;)

Paper based media (magazines, programme's etc) are a dying breed I am afraid! Our programme sales over the last few years (despite winning Scottish Programme of the Year 2008/2009 and Most Improved SPL programme) proves that!

We're not alone though - just about every club is in the same boat and very, very soon a SPL club will be the first to cancel them altogether.

As people have said, the time and money invested in them doesn't, in any way, correlate to the money they bring in... They are popular amongst the people that buy them but unfortunately, their numbers are few!

hows about getting a wifi point at turnstyle entrances and folk can download the program onto their phones to read ;)

:lol:

Slightly more practical would be sending team lineups, score updates, prize draw winning numbers etc. during the game to anyone with Bluetooth enabled on their phone... that'd be pretty cool.

;)

Slightly more practical would be sending team lineups, score updates, prize draw winning numbers etc. during the game to anyone with Bluetooth enabled on their phone... that'd be pretty cool.

Or you could just post them on an electronic scoreboard so everybody can see them.

I think the Bluetooth thing is a cracking idea. A great innovation if you could get it to work. It could easily replace most of the muffled announcements from the PA system.

It brings advertising to those who don't go online or receive the newsletter.

A few signs at the turnstyle telling ye to turn it on etc. Although in hindsight, if MFC can't put Season Book Voucher Number up, what chance of another sign!!

A great innovation if you could get it to work.

very easy to implement (well, software side, would need quite a few BT transmitters around the ground though!). Try walking around leicester square in London with your bluetooth on and you get bombarded with messages!

Paper based media (magazines, programme's etc) are a dying breed I am afraid! Our programme sales over the last few years (despite winning Scottish Programme of the Year 2008/2009 and Most Improved SPL programme) proves that!

We're not alone though - just about every club is in the same boat and very, very soon a SPL club will be the first to cancel them altogether.

As people have said, the time and money invested in them doesn't, in any way, correlate to the money they bring in... They are popular amongst the people that buy them but unfortunately, their numbers are few!

I've started buying the programme again after a long time of not doing so because I didn't think it was worth the money but the current programme is very good indeed.

I'm sure I read that a club somewhere or other had increased the gate price by a small amount (a £1 I think) and given every supporter a programme as they came in through the turnstiles.

With the larger volumes of programmes printed and the extra money brought in apparently this was more worthwhile than selling programmes on an individual basis.

Sounds like a good idea to me but people who aren't remotely interested in the programme might not agree.