Ex Motherwell Players.

SuperSteelman

Thought it would be good to have a thread so we could keep up to date about our ex players.

Noticed Clarky was on the bench today again and wondered if there is a slim chance of him coming back to us. Also how is Hughes doing? Malcolm and Quinn, McCormack etc. Post all your updates here.

Noticed Martin Grehan was sent off today too.

David Clarkson came on for Evandor Sno yesterday for about 10mins. Don't think he is going to cut it down south and will see him back in Scotland in the next year or two at an Aberdeen/Hibs/Dundee United/Hearts.

Paul Quinn came on for Kevin McNaughton after about 20mins and was booked within a few mins for "Unsporting Behaviour". McCormack started and lasted about 70mins.

Hughes came on and scored for Norwich yesterday. He replaced Simon Lappin!

Bobby Donnelly played for Airdrie yesterday and is seemingly doing quite well over there is a poor poor side.

Grehan was sent off yesterday for a double yellow. His name seems to pop up on the scoresheet quite often. Maybe his 6 months at Motherwell have done him good! I still laugh when I look back and remember that people were calling for him to get more of a chance with us! :lol:

Derek Townsley played for Annan at Albion Rovers yesterday. Jamie Ewings was also on the bench for Rovers. David Gromley also played for Rovers.

Our good pal Eddie Forest was also playing with East Stirling yesterday!

Grehan was sent off yesterday for a double yellow. His name seems to pop up on the scoresheet quite often. Maybe his 6 months at Motherwell have done him good! I still laugh when I look back and remember that people were calling for him to get more of a chance with us! :rolleyes:

you sound surprised that his name is on the scoresheet so often ?

are you forgetting that he came to us with an incredible ratio of goals/ starts of about 1 in 1 ?

And as for laughing at people calling for him to get a chance.......if you're old enough to remember , Dougie Arnott came from exactly the same mould.....coming to us after years in the Juniors, with a rather impressive goals ratio. :O

not a dig, just saying :P:D

Heard Maros Klimpl had a knee op a couple of weeks back. Haven't heard how it's worked out - but hope it's not too long before he's back playing football.

Had to laugh at Brian Kerr saying he would be the midfield enforcer whilst Klimpl was out. Didn't see much of the Challenge Cup Final, but Kerr certainly started for Dundee and did the wee interview bit at HT. Also, Crags in the stand with his views on the first half! Certainly becoming more of a media man than a footballer these days.

Brighton and Smith concede 4 at Norwich. Every time I see their results he's in goal and they're getting horsed. Does the guy from Brighton still post here?

As I have said on other threads - Smith has hardly been to blame for just about any of the goals he has conceded.

The problem with NSC (link posted by someone else on here) is that most of the fans sit in their armchairs, and abuse without seeing (the game at Leeds was a classic point where Leeds scored an unstoppable 1st goal and the guy to the left of me stated that we should expect nothing else whilst we played Smith in goals).

The majority of the goals conceded whilst Smith in goals have been due to Kamakazi defending - or pushing too many up to get goals back (especially when playing with 9 or 10 men) and getting caught on the counter.

The only disappointment for me in terms of Smith's displays is that he has hardly produced any saves - would have thought he should have made more blocks than he has. He also appears to be struggling with every cross ball.

Suspect his confidence is rock bottom - and will be replaced by Kuiper's when he returns from a groin strain.

The only disappointment for me in terms of Smith's displays is that he has hardly produced any saves - would have thought he should have made more blocks than he has. He also appears to be struggling with every cross ball.

Nah, that's Graeme Smith for ya, Splitter of the Old Firm, Chapper of the Scotland manager's door.