Soldiers Season Tickets

fatcalf

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed the club have handed over some season tickets to serving soldiers, good on 'em. Fine gesture to our troops. :lol:

So that thread a wee while ago was to gauge opinion was it?

If it was, they obviously ignored it, as my recollection is that most people said "why should soldiers get special treatment" :O

Giving out a limited number of season tickets, rather than just letting them all in free, seems like a reasonable compromise, though.

If it was, they obviously ignored it, as my recollection is that most people said "why should soldiers get special treatment" :lol:

Giving out a limited number of season tickets, rather than just letting them all in free, seems like a reasonable compromise, though.

Indeed that thread gave the impression that whilst a a fair few supported it more didn't.

Height of nonsense if you ask me.

Indeed that thread gave the impression that whilst a a fair few supported it more didn't.

Height of nonsense if you ask me.

No what that thread did was allow those with issues against this daft war our troops are fighting to get their grievances out whilst those without issues kept out of the argument.

This board is no more representative of the overall fan base than a quick Q&A round Starka of a Saturday night as the responses on any thread depends on those who choose to comment.

I wasn't asking you anyway just congratulating the club on a good move in my eyes. :lol:

Nice idea but some of my colleagues took some of the kids we work with to an European game at ibrox they sat next to the squadies who go free tickets and they were shocked to hear then start pro UVF chants.

I was not surprised to hear the stewards/police/tv/papers/radio missed it.

Just hope we don't get the same at Firpark.

Nice idea but some of my colleagues took some of the kids we work with to an European game at ibrox they sat next to the squadies who go free tickets and they were shocked to hear then start pro UVF chants.

I was not surprised to hear the stewards/police/tv/papers/radio missed it.

Just hope we don't get the same at Firpark.

Somehow I very much doubt that.

Its the in thing at the moment to be seen to be giving the troops a good deal. No idea why, they do a job and are paid a wage reflective of that job just like the rest of us. Which without knowing I would suspect is larger than most of us. Club must be hoping that if people get into the way of going to Fir Park when they are not in action that when they leave the army they will want it as a way of normal life and they will then purchase one of their own. To be honest I don't see it being a great success for the club apart from a nice wee bit of publicity in the Record today. We're not a charity! Soldiers don't get free milk from Asda, free beer from Jack Daniels or free lotto tickets from Camelot so why football clubs seem to think it is their duty to give them stuff for free is beyond me.

That is not to say I am not grateful for the work our soldiers do and the risks they take; but I am also grateful to doctors, nurses, fire officers, cancer researchers, teachers and nobody is expecting them to get a freebie.

It's aww If's and but's then

ehhhhhh !

Mon the Motherwell supporting troops...........

i'm just saying i wouldn't be suprised. a boy that works for the health board told me there's folk pulling a scam where they smoke 40 fags then go into chemists and take a carbon monoxide breath test then get hunners of nicotine patches for free cause of the free perscriptions then they're firing them on ebay and selling them for 50% of the retail price. nothing would suprise me these days.

if the wean needs a xmas present or you need a new pair of oakleys for afghanistan a season ticket on ebay could cover that.

I agree completely with you Tweed, its their job. I appreciate what they do for the country but i also appreciate the work that, for example, Doctors and Nurses do as well. Perhaps Wishaw General should be handed free season tickets for the nurses to use on their days off? Load of pish letting them in for nothing if you ask me. Tin hat on (ironically). :lol:

I think its a great gesture by the club

and cannot understand any of the supposed negatives

the stadium is almost 2/3 empty at lot of games

So any gesture towards any organisation or members of the community is good in my opinion

doesn't seem to be any negativity towards giving boys clubs free entry?

or reducing prices for kids/families in general, (do adults not know what they are signing up for when they have kids, why should they get cheap/free entry :lol: )

Well done MFC