Same Old Story

Frazzie

I think we found a new frustrating way to blow it today. Last week we went too defensive and allowed Aberdeen to play. Today we made a couple of slack errors whilst dominating possession which let them in. However we then weren't composed enough to take advantage of the two extra men.

No just that, Jim O'Brien is an over-rated fud who's let his own hype go to his head. 2 games in a row now, Gannon has been desperate to get him on when he's not been needed and our system has went to fuck. Just stick with a winning side, Jimbo big man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!

Jim.....if you are reading this...(and you probably will at some stage!!!!)

I am all for the passing game, in fact I am getting used to it, be truth be told!

However, when the opposition goes down to 10 men, I expect a wee bit more adventure from the side, that is has not happened over the last couple of weeks, when the opportunity has arisen.

Today, we had the opportunity to have a go at 9 men for 7 minutes plus injury time, during that time we proceeded to pass the ball all over the park, when what was was needed was the ball being launched intro the box and a few more players being committed forward into attack. We had the situation this afternoon in the last few minutes of United getting a hold of the ball and Motherwell players standing off them awaiting possession to fall back into their lap, so that they could start construction a beautiful 20 man move to win the game, sometimes the principles have to go out the window, when the opportunity rises!!

I personally thought that was a dreadful performance for the entirety of the 2nd half today.

In my view, Murphy was MoM up till when he was subsituted, don't get it, stupid decision. The Duke is good at holding the ball up and getting it into feet, but we are seriously lacking a killer instinct, unfortunately we just don't have a poacher which is what we need.

The fact that United wen't down to 9 men was a ridiculous decision in itself, but what's even more shocking is the fact that not only did we not capitalise on that, we didn't even look like we were going to. We kept the same formation, no more forwards etc when we should've been going all out for the win!

Getting seriously fed up of drawing every week. Yeah we're 5th at the moment, but we're only 2 points away from being sixth with 3 very difficult games coming up. Make or break time methinks.

You lot crack me up.

We are a team full of teenages or guys in their early 20's who didn't even know each other a few months ago.

I seriously thought we were going to be relegation fodder this year.

The start we have made to this season has been nothing short of stunning.

You lot crack me up.

We are a team full of teenages or guys in their early 20's who didn't even know each other a few months ago.

I seriously thought we were going to be relegation fodder this year.

The start we have made to this season has been nothing short of stunning.

Decent aye, stunning, naw.

that's not the point though, is it? If it weren't for making some daft substitutions and pushing forward to kill a game off when we have the chance, it would be a stunning start. It's frustrating because we all know they are capable of doing it, but for some reason, ain't.

In my view, Murphy was MoM up till when he was subsituted, don't get it, stupid decision.

I noticed at the time that the substitution was made straight after Murphy got chopped down by one of United's big donkeys. It could have been that he took a sore one and the sub was a precaution.

Also, we lost the 2nd goal because we were pushing up trying to kill the game. We got caught on the break and punished, not sitting back inviting them onto our box.

Personally, although disappointed that we haven't picked up a couple more points, I'm delighted with how we're doing. Young players are always going to struggle for consistency and to know how and when to change the tempo of the game. We're proving hard to beat, the players are performing well and every week we're looking more and more comfortable with the system.

They'll get there, it's all going in the right direction. Youngsters especially need a bit of patience and the support of all the fans.

Newsflash - We aren't good enough, if we were we'd be top of the league, our 1 defeat record is extremely flattering to say the least. We don't have anyone capable of grabbing a game by the scrotum and taking command of it, yes we are technical enough to look good, but we have zero guile about us. We're above the mediocrity of half the league but we need someone in the engine room, to dictate play.

After having calmed down a bit, I have totally mixed feelings about the game. I thought it was a good game to watch and thoroughly enjoyed the first half and we played some decent stuff.

Even at the start of the second half it looked promising but don't know exactly what happened to change the game, whether it was Murphy getting subbed or them getting a man sent off but it all went a bit pear shaped. We starting making lots of mistakes, giving the ball away, started to look nervous and generally just stepped back off of them and stopped playing, allowing them the opportunity to press us until the inevitable happened, it was coming for around 20mins before they actually scored. Contrary to what other people seem to think I though that Lasley made a big difference when came on and I would definitely play him ahead of Forbes who has done absolutely nothing in the last few games.

Jim Gannon can see exactly same as what we are seeing, he knows that it need to be addresses. After seeing it happen in the last few games though it would be good if had been sorted out by now though.

But all in all 5th in the league (although it really should be much higher), I'll take that, as I would have taken a point before the game.

C'mon the Well.

We're relying on loan players and youngsters against a good dundee united side so a draw under any circumstances is good enough for me.

The number of people who predicted a defeat is surely an indicator that most folk view them as a superior team just now so surely them losing a man made it a more even match up? Fair result.

Newsflash - We aren't good enough, if we were we'd be top of the league, our 1 defeat record is extremely flattering to say the least. We don't have anyone capable of grabbing a game by the scrotum and taking command of it, yes we are technical enough to look good, but we have zero guile about us. We're above the mediocrity of half the league but we need someone in the engine room, to dictate play.

+1

Our next 3 games against Hibs.Rangers and Celtic will tell us where we arein terms of progression. I think we've done ok so far this seasonbut we are crying out for a decent midfielder to up the tempo at times as we seem very pedestrian especially when were in the lead. :angry: .

It is getting annoying but to be honest considering where we were at the end of June and where we thought at that point this season would go, we have got to be happy.

Jamie Murphy has really come onto a game now Gannon has been playing him in the hole. JOB however is not effective through the middle. He needs to be hugging the touchline IMO.

What is really annoying is that we know how shite everyone else in the league is, and if we had of converted some of these draws against 10 men teams into wins, we would be in a right handy position.

I do however think if we can keep Gannon, we will have a cracking season next year.

I think where we have gone wrong against 10 men in our last two games, has been that we continued with four defenders, Tom Hateley in front of the back four, three midfielders and two forwards.

As soon as the opposition went down to 10 men, we should have pushed Hateley into the midfield to go to 4-4-2 and shut the midfield and the game down. We didn't and in both games this led to Aberdeen and Dundee Utd having to make minimal adjustments by moving to 4-3-2. It let them continue with two forwards and also control the midfield area when we should've had the game shut down.

It is getting annoying but to be honest considering where we were at the end of June and where we thought at that point this season would go, we have got to be happy.

Jamie Murphy has really come onto a game now Gannon has been playing him in the hole. JOB however is not effective through the middle. He needs to be hugging the touchline IMO.

What is really annoying is that we know how shite everyone else in the league is, and if we had of converted some of these draws against 10 men teams into wins, we would be in a right handy position.

I do however think if we can keep Gannon, we will have a cracking season next year.

I agree given how much the team has changed and how many are young guys I think we are in a better position than most would have forecast. There is room for improvement, however there was an Arabs fan on the radio saying that they were potential title winners!!! yeah right! I certainly didn't think they outplayed us.

Mon ra dossers

Much as we can be frustrating keeping a bit of perspective seems to be a trait not only devoid of our fanbase then. If only we were a bitty further down the line we could have been in with a real shout of worrying the big two jobies, as it is we can play our part along with the others cos they are seriously there for the taking if HIbs and Utd can keep up their form (which I doubt)