Give It A Rest !

italix

Just been reading through the posts on here and on FPC - absolute nonsense.

We are sitting 5th in the league, beaten once in 13 games, 5 points off the old firm, 7 points ahead of 7th place !! We have 4 or 5 exciting youngsters coming through and more waiting in the wings.

So, can you all stop your moaning and give it a rest - the future is bright, the future IS claret and amber!

Thanks for listening.

We are sitting 5th in the league, beaten once in 13 games, 5 points off the old firm, 7 points ahead of 7th place !! We have 4 or 5 exciting youngsters coming through and more waiting in the wings.

So, can you all stop your moaning and give it a rest - the future is bright, the future IS claret and amber!

Thanks for listening.

+1

Thanks for listening.

Thanks for listening.

+2 , considering where we were in the summer many of us would have settled for just staying up,(we were most pundits stick on to be relegated)

Fair enough with your point.

But are you happy that we sit back against 10 men and invite un-needed pressure onto ourselves. Thats now 3 games in a row when thats happened and thats why people are unhappy.

We didnt get a decent chance until AFTER United made it 2-2 and were down to 9 men! When we go in front I'm not confident of us finishing teams off. Especially against 10 men.

There is a severe lack of killer instinct in the side and I'm not happy with that.

But are you happy that we sit back against 10 men and invite un-needed pressure onto ourselves. Thats now 3 games in a row when thats happened and thats why people are unhappy.

We didnt get a decent chance until AFTER United made it 2-2 and were down to 9 men! When we go in front I'm not confident of us finishing teams off. Especially against 10 men.

There is a severe lack of killer instinct in the side and I'm not happy with that.

+1

Thanks for listening.

Well said that man!

For Christ's sake let's get real. Sure, we should have more points but almost every other team could say the same. That's football.

Had we been offered the situation as it is today after McGhee and most of the first team left we would have grabbed it and been delighted.

Just shows how far we have come in such a short time that we are disappointed when we fail to beat teams who should be far more established than us.

And as for too many draws..........if we draw our next three matches would we really be that disappointed? Then again, when we win all three..........

What about the last-minute save their keeper made to deny Las?

Mate folk on here will always moan on here no matter what.

We could win the Champions leauge, beat Barca 2-1 and still have people moan because we let Messi score.

Some people need to learn to be realistic with Motherwell.

5th place is good for us.

1 defeat in 13 is excellent for us.

Sure we're not winning games as much as we'd like to, but you need luck and breaks in football and we haven't had any this season.

As I already said in the Gameday-thread: I am "Well happy" with our performances so far. Gannon is going the right way.

I remember many people saying before the season, that a Top 6 finish would be amazing, though pretty hard, as we have new players, new manager, new system etc. Now we are sitting on 5th spot with 7 points ahead of the 7th place team...

Yes, we still do have some things to sort out, but compared to were we came from, i am pretty amazed what Gannon has done and some donkeys (sorry for that) complain about everything they can find. Yes, they pay their money and are entitled to their opinion, however so am I and I say that we are loking into a bright future!

Posh. We've has more penalties and men sent off against us so far than in the last three seasons put together. No luck?

Well, naw, as there's a collective feeling of dread around the 'Well support when the opposition get a man sent off these days, as we switch from being comfortably in the lead to camped in our own penalty box inviting an equaliser.

Aye 5th isn't good enough. We should be 40 points clear the noo at the top.

Gannon Must go :ph34r:

Nobody is definately saying 5th isnt good enough or Gannon must go. Everybody is 100% behind him. We're in a much better position than anyone wouldve anticipated at the start of the season.

Its just the point of being unable to finish teams off when that knockout punch is there to be landed. 5 games weve played against 10 men this season and we only have one win to show for it and we were winning at that point against Hearts anyway. For me, the last 3 games have felt like defeats. I have no doubt Dundee United wouldve beaten us if we were down to 10 men likewise with Aberdeen last week.

Plus Gannon takes Forbes off last week and then Forbes and Murphy this week when we are very comfortable. Just give it another 10-15 minutes then think about the changes. Not when we have a stranglehold on the game.

The original post made by italix AND the above are both correct. Highly confusing and very frustrating.

Fair amount of mixed emotions for me. Start of the season I would have bit yer hand aff for a Top 6 finish. The frustrating thing is most of us know that we could have been clear top just now IF we had scored that PK against Rangers, IF we had scored that PK against Accies, IF we had held out yesterday and IF we had turned the tempo up on Aberdeen last week.

We are fitba fans - we are never going to agree on everything. But some of us are dreamers - and we could very well have been in dreamland right now if Gannon had made better decisions. That said, if we didn't have Gannon at the helm I am certain we would have been in the relegation battle. Gannon is both God and the Devil.

Its speaks volumes that we are moaning about being nearer the top when are SEVEN points clear of 7th :D

That is my point exactly and I was being sarcastic with the Gannon comment. What I mean is why not take some positives from the game. Ruddy again, Lukas again and I just love his goal and can't wait to see it tonight. Murphy again was fantastic and I do agree it was an error taking him off but we don't know why. Maybe he took a slight knock or maybe Gannon wanted to try something different and made a balls up.

I was watching sky sports today (sunday supplement) and they were talking about all the draws Man City have had and they said how that run of draws is seen will be determined by the results after the draw sequence has ended. If they win two games after that they are unbeaten since Man United scored a 145th minute winner against them (something like that :ph34r: )

If they lose 2 it means they haven't won in 9. Fickle I know but I think the same goes for us if we win the next 2 (tough as it may be but not impossible) we are unbeaten since Hibs and only lost once and right up the top end of the tabe and as early as it may be in title fighting territory. If we lose then we haven't won in 5 and everyone will be depressed.

Let's focus on the positives whilst our draw crisis isn't terminal.