Busting The Myth - Wtfc Style

Yabba's Turd

Absolute quality :nod:

Also, legend has it that we wrote to the SPL for permission to wear our 'lucky' away strip at home....

I think the gemme has moved on somewhat and I can't imagine such a request would either be made or granted today..... B-)

Cheers

SD

I think the gemme has moved on somewhat and I can't imagine such a request would either be made or granted today..... :nod:

CIS Cup Final not a similar situation because we'd worn the away kit in so many of the rounds previous...? Must confess I was a bit miffed, if Motherwell get to a cup final I'd rather see them in Claret & Amber unless the away kit is necessary...

CIS Cup Final not a similar situation because we'd worn the away kit in so many of the rounds previous...? Must confess I was a bit miffed, if Motherwell get to a cup final I'd rather see them in Claret & Amber unless the away kit is necessary...

Good point, Mevin, however that gemme was nearly 5 years ago and had a lot of goodwill around it, being the 'Cooper' Final and all that. Sadly the goodwill stopped at the ground where the Rock Steady thugs wouldn't act on the sectarian nonsense close to us. That's another story altogether, though..... :nod:

Belter.

I remember the game quite vividly. I was 12/13 and sat with my da and my uncles (almost exactly where I still sit, only now with Moyesie, Panda, Busta etc) in the East Stand - and for some reason I remember my maw was at the game anaw, presumably because it was an important game!

Good to see the goal again though, last time I saw it I was flicking through some old videos with no labels on them a few years ago, and found the highlights from this game!

Yeah, totally agree with you there. However, that year we had a boggin home top so I was more than happy to see us play in the away top.

Fairly sure that's the game Gerry Britton scored a goal, then ran virtually the entire length of the East Stand goading the 'Well fans by indicating we were going down. Tosser.

Just after play restarted, wasn't it him who was halved in two but there was no free kick on our 18? So incensed was Mr Paton he was sent to the stand........

I was in the South Stand for that game. Can't remember why but I'm sure it was an all ticket game and because of demand they opened up the South Stand to Well fans.

Remember me and my Dad getting hastle from Well fans on the way round because they thought we were Pars fans.

I remember the goal well. Straight as a dye. Nearly fell down the South Stand celebrating.

Watch the whole clip <_<

PC cut out before the end of the clip and I couldn't get it restarted, however, when I did of course I saw it was him...... :wub:

Anyway, here's one of Simo scoring a pen just last year..........

Simo