Mst Football Forum Evening

AndyRoss

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interested to hear from Jim how many more players like Forbes we have coming through the youths.

Also would like to ask him about the logic behind the silly passout to Hately that always puts us under pressure.

For Mark Hately, I would like to know if Tom qualifies for Scotland under the new eligibility rules?

For Craig Brown. The Sunday Herald claimed that when he was the Scotland manager, he was effectively part time. What is his thoughts on a part-time manager now? I.e. Davie Moyes.

Would he come back himself? Has he applied?

What was his biggest mistake as National coach? Not subbing Tommy Boyd against Belgium when 2-0 up I presume?

I'm really looking forward to this night. Just so we get the number of pies right - who's all planning to come along?

Chris M - In relation to the recent poor run of Scottish Clubs in Europe. Why is it that Scotland has fallen so far behind other small countries(Belgium, Slovakia, Switzerland, Serbia, Denmark) in producing players not just of high technical ability but, players who are strong and athletic as a lot of Scottish players are significantly physically weaker and have lower fitness levels?

Jim - How have you found Scottish football so far? Do feel the standard is better or worse than you expected? Do you feel that it is possible for teams such as Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Hibs to realistically challenge the Old Firm stranglehold by continuing to complement productive youth systems with intelligent signings?

Mark H - With your experiences playing in France and Italy, despite it being 20 years ago, are there any tips both in improving ability and fitness that helped you and that differed from the UK, that you believe would help in Scottish football and have you passed any of these onto Tom?

Craig Brown - Any good chat up lines Craig? Where's the best place to pull birds?

To Jim Gannon - A lot has been made of your criticism of referees yet you chose, publicy at least, not to criticise the ref against Celtic despite him bottling out of a justified 2nd yellow for Barry Robson and then booking Pollock for vitually nothing. Celtic were also awarded a very soft penalty which most certainly would have not been given up the other end.

Also, what was the thinking behind giving Meechan his debut when the experienced Lasley could've played there and bringing on Pollock when we had Sutton?

What are the chances of us keeping Ruddy and Jutkiewicz till the end of the season?

Jim - How do you see the squad developing under your management? Do you think we have a realistic chance of winning some domestic silerware if things go according to your plan?

To all - Crowds seem to be falling in the SPL. What 3 things would you change to get people back through the gates? Why are these things not happening?

Unfortunately, I'm in Newcastle on Thursday or would have loved to come along. Joined the Trust on the back of this event. Keep up the good work.

For those of us who aren't there will there be a publication of the answers?

I'm sure the night will be discussed on here afterwards, don't know if there will be anybody there jotting down all the answers mind you.

I'll be contacting some of you on here over the next day or so regarding your questions.

Oh and we've ordered 100 pies so come on people get along if you can spare a few hours on Thursday!

I cannot make it due to a pre-arranged dinner, but I hope there is a decent turn out. Certainly I would make every attempt to get along to hear what Gannon has to say on a number of topics:

When will we hear if Ruddy, Yass and Lukas will be staying till the end of the season.

O'Brien - Playing well enough - but now no-where to be seen - not even on the bench. Are the rumours re a fall out accurate.

Look forward to reading what the responses are.

Enjoy the night.