Ibrox Register

trafficlight

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if I was playing against us just now I know how I could beat us. Play the strikers with a very high line and wait for our defenders and midfielders to give the ball away and all of a sudden you'll be in a good place. We opened up a bit towards the end and hence they scored a couple more but we were never at the meeting. The kids may be better players but they need a leader and Mark Reynolds is not that (however he was our best player today).

Well if I was playing against us just now I know how I could beat us. Play the strikers with a very high line and wait for our defenders and midfielders to give the ball away and all of a sudden you'll be in a good place. We opened up a bit towards the end and hence they scored a couple more but we were never at the meeting. The kids may be better players but they need a leader and Mark Reynolds is not that (however he was our best player today).

Absolutely spot on.

Can't get my head round this tactic.

We are beaten before we even come out the tunnel at Ibrox. I don't mind getting pumped if we at least make a go of it but lying down and accepting a defeat as an inevitability isn't acceptable.

Plus, it took me an hour and ten minutes to get home from Hamilton and I had to listen to 5 of them go in, fuck that.

Well if I was playing against us just now I know how I could beat us. Play the strikers with a very high line and wait for our defenders and midfielders to give the ball away and all of a sudden you'll be in a good place.

yip, game after game, surprised its taken other managers so long to catch on, only took Yogi hughes a few minutes.

there is more than one way to play football, lets hope the boss realises its time to adapt his pricipalled outlook,

Could have been worse, we've watched far more experienced teams go to ibrox and lose 6-1 so i wouldn't read to much into it.

Anyone with any sense said at the start of the season Motherwell will do well to avoid relegation - a few weeks into the season a remember people started talking about 'Europe - top 6 blah blah'. Again,those of us well versed in football played down the talk.

Fact is,Losing to the top three sides in the league is expected - ok,so you want to put up a bit of a show against them yes but bah humbug - league positions arn't decided in games against Rangers and Celtic.

To be honest, the good thing is that Gannon has no real option but to persevere with the youngsters he has and their confidence won't be to badly beaten down by it. Normal league duty resumes again now and it's games against the other 8 teams that are going to determine how the season finishes.

Holding onto some of the loan players needs to be priority though in January or else results like todays could become all to regular.

Sometimes a wee wake up call and reality check isn't a bad thing when some people are getting carried away with a few good results.

Gannon is still doing a remarkable job regardless and if Mothewrwell finish outside of relagation this season then in my opinion, he's done a very very good job.

yip, game after game, surprised its taken other managers so long to catch on, only took Yogi hughes a few minutes.

there is more than one way to play football, lets hope the boss realises its time to adapt his pricipalled outlook,

Oh I think they have all cottoned on. Problem is that not all of them are good enough to punish us as frequently.

Lets not forget we have played Rangers and Celtic in the last two games and whilst we want to get results against them they both have better players than us and they have both played very well against us. I believe we could have been closer to Rangers today but the way they played and with the players we have in our squad I don't believe we would ever have taken anything.

Fifth after one and a half rounds of fixtures with the six teams in the bottom six to come is an excellent place to be. And I looked at the fixture list in August and thought - first half of December will be shit - so again no surprises. We need to bounce back next week though. Our three home games with the two Saints and Accies are huge and Killie should be a good place for us to go also. We need to arrest the slide in the next three games to get the belief back.

Why should we just accept a result like that, its not good enough and if celtic had taken there chances last week we could have lost 10-12 goals. Add that to the hibs defeat and where is the progress

If everyone took there chances today it would have finished 21-7 to Rangers today (according to the BBC stats). No, it's not acceptable, and Gannon knows that. I'm ragin' that we were humped today but we have a team of young players who are learning all the time. Shite today, but I'm sure the team has a bright future.

The progress is that after 1.5 rounds of fixtures, having played the top 4 teams in SCotland in our last 4 games, we're still slotted into 5th, rather comfortably, I'd call that progress from losing to Welsh part timers or even finishing in 8th last year.

I'd call it progress that we have a manager who is trying to install football the way its meant to be played, you know, the same style they're saying that Levein would try to bring to the SFA, not just hump and run that the Scottish game is generally, progressive way of playing youth and experience and training players to play the BEAUTIFUL game, being hard to break down whilst still dangerous going forward.

Having the only (I Believe) manager in the SPL with a full UEFA Pro license and a team full of ambitious young players who have effectively played 2 months more football than any other team in the league. Being ahead of teams with far bigger spending budgets than us- Hearts and Aberdeen and with the lower teams in the league coming up in our next run of fixtures and a transfer window in which we are likely to see a new influx of quality players, like Ruddy, Jutkewicz on loan, maybe some more bargains like Coke and Hateley. Youngsters like McHugh and Hutchinson showing that we have a very promising squad being built.

Sometimes in football, progress is not about what's here and now, it's about the little steps and the bigger picture, which is what Gannon is working with.

A bit bemused really. Heard JG on the radio on the way home from the game talk about how we were never going to win today but we shouldn't get beat like that. Sorry what? Never going to win?? The radio pundits applauded his honesty but also asked what the Well fans would feel about this comment. I'll tell them. Burnley can beat Man Utd, Chelsea, and Arsenal in the last two seasons, Real Madrid can get knocked out of their domestic cup by a team from another division, yet we were never going to win at Ibrox?? The two examples not concerning Motherwell are MUCH more unlikely in my mind but actually happened. Rangers aren't world beaters and have for periods been very inconsistent. Right NOW is the BEST time in a LONG time to get something from them.

If he thinks that how does he expect the players to perform?

We were utterly destroyed and some of the goals we conceded were embarrasing. Bad day for Ruddy as he looked to be at fault for at least two of the goals. I'm not sure if he thought the first was going over or it was a great postage stamp effort but he seemed to just watch it go in. I'm not going to overly criticise the guy though as he has been a godsend and we have been lucky to have him.

I wasn't going to post this but now almost feel compelled too. I recently overheard JG, with my own ears, verbally slate a current first team player before stating he could (and by the sounds of it will) bring in a player in the next transfer window that is better. Yet this player played today. If he has that poor an opinion of him and his talents/or ability to transfer his instructions to the field of play then why when there is people on the becnh who could do a better job not afforded that chance. Although, if he thinks this of a player who regularly plays I am rather concerned about what he thinks of the guys who are currently catching skelfs in the arse every Saturday.

The progress i meant was learning from mistakes and not losing the same goals week after week. I'm delighted with how the season has gone so far maybe it was listening to rangers fans cheering in a motherwell pub but that hurt today

A bit bemused really. Heard JG on the radio on the way home from the game talk about how we were never going to win today but we shouldn't get beat like that. Sorry what? Never going to win?? The radio pundits applauded his honesty but also asked what the Well fans would feel about this comment. I'll tell them. Burnley can beat Man Utd, Chelsea, and Arsenal in the last two seasons, Real Madrid can get knocked out of their domestic cup by a team from another division, yet we were never going to win at Ibrox?? The two examples not concerning Motherwell are MUCH more unlikely in my mind but actually happened. Rangers aren't world beaters and have for periods been very inconsistent. Right NOW is the BEST time in a LONG time to get something from them.

If he thinks that how does he expect the players to perform?

We were utterly destroyed and some of the goals we conceded were embarrasing. Bad day for Ruddy as he looked to be at fault for at least two of the goals. I'm not sure if he thought the first was going over or it was a great postage stamp effort but he seemed to just watch it go in. I'm not going to overly criticise the guy though as he has been a godsend and we have been lucky to have him.

I wasn't going to post this but now almost feel compelled too. I recently overheard JG, with my own ears, verbally slate a current first team player before stating he could (and by the sounds of it will) bring in a better player in the next transfer window that is better. Yet this player played today. When if he has that poor an opinion of him and his talents/or ability to transfer his instructions to the field of play then there was people on the bech who could do a better job. Although if he thinks this of a player who regularly plays I am rather concerned about what he thinks of the guys who are currently catching skelfs in the arse every Saturday.

Before today, Rangers had scored 9 goals in their past 3 games. Aye, great time to beat them... :huh:

I don't see why your consistency clause does anything other than support his argument? Right now they are the top team, the form team in the SPL so why should we expect to go to a ground we've not won at this millenium and get a result when we ourselves are in the middle of a slump?

I don't see why your consistency clause does anything other than support his argument? Right now they are the top team, the form team in the SPL so why should we expect to go to a ground we've not won at this millenium and get a result when we ourselves are in the middle of a slump?

So we should go there and expect to get beat? They might be the top team but they are the poorest Rangers team I have seen for a long time. That in itself makes it, in my opinion, as good a time as any.

Where did I say go to Ibrox and "expect" to win? I said NOW is the time to do it. What I "expect" is our manager to have a bit more belief than going to Ibrox and expecting us to get beat.

You missed the comment about them having periods of inconsistency or did that not suit your reply?

It suited it fine. We played a team which has been on good league form, with superior players, away from home. This is not a "period of inconsistency" for them, as 15 goals in 4 league games clearly shows.

The fact they the poorest Rangers team for a while does not matter, they are still the best team in the country (or at worst, second best).

And like I said, I'm sure what he said in private to the young lads in his team, would be far different to what he tells the media.

Aye but he is telling us, the paying fans, he didn't expect us to win. He isn't speaking to the media, telling them one thing then having a wee whisper in Flow's lug with the truth about how he really fancied us, all revealed as a big FU to the media, on the official site. How does he expect fans to shell out £20 plus the next time we play one of the OF in Glasgow when we now know this is his belief?? There is being honest, and there is being foolish with comments.

Aye very poor result but it's one that was expected (getting 0 points). If we go get 3 points on boxing day then all will have been forgot. Lets not be too hard on the team, put this behind us and concentrate on the next game which was always going to be 10 times more important to our season

MON RA WELL

It suited it fine. We played a team which has been on good league form, with superior players, away from home. This is not a "period of inconsistency" for them, as 15 goals in 4 league games clearly shows.

The fact they the poorest Rangers team for a while does not matter, they are still the best team in the country (or at worst, second best).

'Fraid we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this point bud.