Ibrox Register

trafficlight

'Fraid we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this point bud.

Looks like it. I agree that Rangers are shite in comparison to the Rangers team of the 90's, but the rest of the league is just as shite (if not worse) than they ever have been.

Also, special mention the the ref today who was fucking bollocks.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it. I agree that Rangers are shite in comparison to the Rangers team of the 90's, but the rest of the league is just as shite (if not worse) than they ever have been.

Also, special mention the the ref today who was fucking bollocks.

I will agree with that though. Killie, Falkirk, and, Hamilton are all very poor. Usually you get one really crap team in the SPL per season but we are getting spoiled this year.

Still think people are getting a bit upset over nothing really - ok so u don't want to go to Ibrox with a defeatist attitude before kick off a agree with that but a doubt Gannon said to the boys beofre the game, "away out and get gubbed lads" he is mearly playing a wee game saying afterwards that he didn't expect to win,course he didnt.

As for rangers being poor this season,mayby they have been but they are starting to get themself together in recent weeks and after the shite season they've had so far they are still top of the league and to be honest,it was probably a matter of time before everything clicked and they game someone a hammering 0 sadly it was today,but it could have been any other team in the SPL.

The youngsters have done fairly well this season but lets not forget there wasn't a player in that rangers team today that woudn't waltz his way into the Motherwell team - that's a harsh reality but one that must be remembered,these things happen against teams like Rangers and Celtic.

Someone said burnley beat man utd etc etc etc and yes it does happen, Motherwell have beaten Rangers before aswell - but the wins over Rangers and Celtic are just as rare as the 6-1 thumpings aswell.

C'est La Vie - naeone died, let's just judge the team in games when we DO expect three points. Not ones we HOPED we might get something out of.

I actually canne believe as well that as many Well fans were allowed by stewards and the polis to stand for the entire match :lol:

Thought there was a bit of a relaxed attitude towards away fans today.

Only about 3 cops at either end of us who were quite happy to let the banter go.

^_^

I see Craigan is the latest to benefit from Willie Kinniburgh syndrome- a spell out of the side and suddenly he's the answer.

i think he benefits from the 250 games he's played for us when we didn't lose 6-1.he also benefits from the fact that he's our most capped player ever and has played well for norn ireland this season and the fact that he's put in two motm performances for us this season.

after last weekend i was expecting a doing so i wasn't too disapointed today. if you put out a team with 6 u21 players to play an open and expansive game against a team of experienced internationalists you're going to get pumped. that's the third week in a row we've managed to prove that.

the next six weeks are huge for us and will settle a lot of the arguments about whether the club is moving the right direction.

Reynolds,Hutchinson and Saunders are better options in central defence than Craigan. We've suffered plenty of hidings,looked dodgy at the back etc. with Crags in the side. The MoTM displays yopu mentioned were awarded on here so I wouldn't take much heed of them. The same people had O'Brien down as a superstar and now think he's pish,want to pay for his fare north, and so on.

I'd stick with Hutch and Reynolds for the Boxing Day game. For me,the key is to have a settled back four. Gannon likes a change and while I reckon it's valuable to keep the midfiled and front guys on their toes a bit of continuity at the back would do us some good. The changes today looked completely unnecessary and were not beneficial at all.

Reynolds,Hutchinson and Saunders are better options in central defence than Craigan. We've suffered plenty of hidings,looked dodgy at the back etc. with Crags in the side. The MoTM displays yopu mentioned were awarded on here so I wouldn't take much heed of them.

the games i'm mentioning were the games at pittodrie (where craigan, saunders and coke were miles ahead of everyone else) and falkirk when craigan was the stand out.

i've put up the stats before about how when craigan and reynolds have played together since mcghee took over we've got a great defensive record in relation to our rivals. we lost six goals today and were clearly vulnerable at the back. we lost 5 of the 6 goals with the two teenagers playing in the middle of the back 4.

i can't think of any team that has ever had any success with two teenagers at centrehalf. i can think of plenty of successes we've had with craigan playing.

Maybe my judgement is clouded by remebering Craigan's displays against St.Mirren from earlier this season. I'm not convinced he's a better option than the other 3. Reynolds is in his fourth season and must have played around 150 games. Stick him at the back with Hutchinson.

Expierence is fetishised, but then in Scotland the typical response to a setback is calls for more grit,hacking,long,aimless punts and get it up the park nonsense.

i don't think craigan was any worse than the rest of them in the two games at love street. saunders got turned for the first goal on the saturday, hutch got beat in the air for the first on the wednesday, yassin and ruddy made a mess of the second on the saturday and reynolds was posted missing for goals in the second half of both games. everyone was poor in paisley.we've got a huge run of games coming up and going to somebody who is tried and tested and has undeniably put in good performances recently isn't a bad idea. there's no rush with hutch or saunders, they're going to be good players no matter what.

and i don't think anyone wants to play aimless long balls but we need to think about where games are being played and what players in our team we want to be influencing the game. we used to have guys up front like mcdonald and clarkson who were workhorses, recently our strikers have spent most of the games as spectators. we played loads of long balls today but almost everytime it was a last resort under pressure rather than anything planned. how many goals have we scored this season building from the back? i was very impressed with what jim gannon had to say on thursday but we get points from football games not from debates and i think their has to be a point where you've got to be a bit more pragmatic. the best football team we've had in 15 years couldn't play their passing game through the winter i think it's big expectation to ask these players to try and do it.

Yeah,fair enough,good points steelboy. Maybe a bit of pragmatism is needed in what will be 3 games that could potentially shape our season. I've just always been a Reynolds fan and like the look of Hutchinson,who's strong,aggressive,good in the air. It has the makings of a very good partnership. It's the tinkering around that worries me,what was the plan in defence today? From watching a pishy stream it looked like Hammell in midfiled and Reynolds at left back,at least for some of the game. This type of carry-on is beginning to grate. Square pegs in round holes and all that.

I thought against Celtic we had some limited success by playing balls into the channels for McHugh to latch onto. Can't really comment on this from today but it might be a tactic worth pursuing,his movement/speed looks to be his best attribute. Anyway, the next 3 games are pretty important,be interesting to see how Gannon responds after poor displays in the last two matches.

Jim Gannon's first failure as Motherwell manager. To be beat 6-1 by the worst Rangers team in 30 years is soul destroying. They really are shite and to fall to such a defeat is embarrassing to say the least. Rangers are fucking shite and they've took 6 off of us!!!!! If that was Advocaats team I coulnd't argue but, its no

Rangers won 1-0 at Fir Park in Jan 2006 with the following:

Waterreus,Malcolm,Murray, Andrews,Kyrgiakos, Smith, Ferguson, Buffel, Burke, Boyd, Love

nkrands.

The season before a team containing Alex Rae,Namouchi and Ball won 3-2. Vignal scored twice. They've been treading water for around half-a-decade. And yet every tme we play them you hear the line that it's the worst Rangers side ever. I'm not sure I buy it.