Jim Gannon - The 1st Six Months Poll

Andy_P

129 members have voted

1. 1. How has Jim Gannon met your expectations thus far?

• Exceeded your expectations
    • Just about as expected
    • Failed to meet your expectations
    • Yet to decide
    • Other (please list)
  2. 2. What element of Gannon's management style has impressed you most?

• Results
    • Style of play
    • Promotion of youngsters
    • Transfer business
    • Other (please list)
  3. 3. What element of Gannon's management style has least impressed you?

• Handling of senior players
    • Referee/SFA relations
    • Media relations
    • No concerns about management style
    • Other (please list)

The guy is a legend in the making, great to see that he has singled out replacements if our loan players leave. Always been true to his word in everything he says, and it is great to see so many young players living their dream and performing at a high level.

Never really expected us to be sitting 5th in the league at this stage after the players we lost and the unknown players that came in.

Fair play to the Jim for what he has done and i'm loving his style of play with ball retention (although the guy behind me disnae like it), i'm certain he will add something else to our game in an attacking way in the next transfer window.

Yes he has fallen out with players, referees and the media, but that's just Jim Gannon for you and we all knew that from the Stockport fans who spoke about him before he arrived.

Keep up all the good work Jimbo.

My selections:

Exceeded expectations: Had no expectation of a top six finish with the squad upheavel so to be sitting nicely just outside the Europa spots and only 3 losses all season is very good.

Transfer business: Some really astute signings, actually has contacts that he can use to a great advantage, signed the best goalkeeper I've ever seen in a 'Well strip.

No complaints: For too long players have had it all their own way, they knew they'd be safe after mediocre performance after mediocre performance, Gannon has came in and is making every player work for their starting slot and has shown no concern for changing things if players aren't playing well. Well, maybe my only complaint, if it is that, is some times he makes changes that look a bit odd at the time, but often it works out.

some of this is might sound negative, which it shouldn't be in the basis of league position squad, hope for the future etc but guess breaking it down leaves me on the dissapointed scale

He was handed quite a task after Muttley depeleted the squad with some serious misconduct on the contracts front.

the squad he assembled and the youth he has promoted has given us some good moments already with signs that he is having a positive impact developing individual players, those that he can be bothered with that is:

leading onto is his handling of senior players, from the outside it seems to be terrible for a man that portrays himself as professional he doesn't seem to manage all the business assets on the same level, not much to say but its obvious that hes not dealt with those he's inherited in the best manner.

The press, he's shit at it, fair enough picking fights with the usual scumbags but he started it all on video with his deliberate speculation over offloading players not on the teamsheet. I can live with Keevins and the like getting shunned but feel its all too easy for him to shun all avenues when he has something to hush down

like tactics:

some of the stuff has been baffling, but I kinda can live with it if only looking at it as he is still rebuilding and trying to tinker to find out strengths of players/formations, but sometimes its just mental!

Referees, fair enough, problems there to be seen, he wants it to be better, went too public with it and embarassed himself talking about professionalism and the likes whilst giving all the hacks that he dislikes the exact type of story they thrive on, seems to be keeping it slightly more professional now, lesson learned?

as I said it sounds negative but maybes its a case of a good report card for the first term, but could do better in fact could excel and be an utter legend if he stay around :nod:

I voted exceeded expectations & results. The thing that has 'least impressed' me was the other option(and I used that term loosely, because it's not a MAJOR concern), because I think that he tries to play the youngsters a bit too much at times (in my opinion). Take the Celtic game for example, 3-2 down and chasing the game, and he brings on Jamie Pollock instead of John Sutton. IMO Sutton is 10 times more likely to get an equaliser than young Pollock was.

Overall though, a great start!

Much like some great players have a "dark" streak Maradona, Best etc (ironically not Pele), looking at it so do alot of great managers... Ferguson, Mourinho, Clough etc.

Maybe Gannon just has this "attribute" to his personality.

...a fine line btween genius and insanity as they say.

Anyway 100% behind the man.

Decent results, nice passing game, developing youth. Cant complain really.

Meeting expectations. I liked the sound of his appointment, looked like a manager on the up that we were quick lucky to get. With something of a clean slate I felt he'd be in a position to put his stamp on the team nice and early.

I like the fact he is willing to give young players their chance, good to see he seems to be getting Murphy back on track.

I'm not impressed with his handling of the senior players so much. Certainly not bothered that he willing to drop them, you only as good as your last game and all that but he appears to be a bit confrontational and only likes players that say won't talk back so much. That isn't maybe entirely the case you never really know what goes on but whilst he has done well with some of the younger lads I think he hasn't got the best out of some of the senior players and that partly contributed to us sitting in mid table safety but currently out of the hunt for euro places which on the face of it might seem over ambitious but having watched the dross around about us is something we should be in the mix for even if we ultimately fell short. Hibs have spanked us but Utd look like nothing special at all.

He has exceeded my expectations - I hadn't heard of him before. But when you consider we were quite near a relegation battle this time last season and had quite a run of defeats, and also the fact we lost so many established players this summer, Jim Gannon has done well to get the team where they are, in fifth. However after a couple of defeats, the next few games could be important to keep us top six.

Just about as expected - even though he inherited a threat bare squad I still expected us to be mid table. there are far worse teams in the league than us.

Promotion of youngsters - if you're deemed goog enough you will play. It takes a lot of bottle to have faith in the younger players. Equally I hope he will be able to recognise that sometimes experience comes in handy!

Referee/SFA relations - this was a cause he really didn't have to champion. Unless it was some Ferguson like tactic to deflect from a poor performances or tactical decision then I don't understand it.