Jim Gannon - The 1st Six Months Poll

Andy_P

148 members have voted

1. 1. Which Jim Gannon signing has impressed you most?

• John Ruddy
    • Yassin Moutaouakil
    • Giles Coke
    • Tom Hateley
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Steve Jennings
    • Lukas Jutkiewicz
    • None in particular
  2. 2. What position do you believe the club will finish this season under Gannon?

• 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th
    • 9th
    • 10th
    • 11th
    • 12th
  3. 3. How long do you anticipate Jim Gannon will remain at Fir Park?

• Will be gone before end of the season
    • Will remain for 1 - 2 seasons
    • Will remain for 2 - 3 seasons
    • Will remain for 3 - 4 seasons
    • Will remain for 5 seasons or longer

Hately: imagine most will go for Ruddy or the Duke but other managers/scouts have already identiified them as having valuable talent and invested to retain those talents, Gannon has been the one to invest In Hately.

9th: not too fussed on actual position, club in transition etc we've done well first 6 months to retain league position, the potential loss of key players and unknown replacements mean I reckon we could slip a little whilst more changes are made, could easily be 4th or 5th if we were to keep a couple and strengthen.

He'll be gone all too soon I'm not buying this never spoke to anyone, PISH!

Hately: imagine most will go for Ruddy or the Duke but other managers/scouts have already identiified them as having valuable talent and invested to retain those talents, Gannon has been the one to invest In Hately.

Completely agree with you here.

I think we'll finish 4th or 5th, I'm surprised by how well we've done given we're in transition period but I don't see any reason not to be optimistic with this continuing.

I think he'll be here for 2 or 3 seasons.

Way beyond where I expected we'd be given our plight at the end of last season. :lol:

Tribute to everyone at FP for their hard work and endeavours in the last 6 months. :lol:

Some very good business in the 'Loan Marketplace', and I believe JG could be with us for 3 to 4 years+. Doubt he'll be quoted for any other SPL positions which may crop up and he may well be outwith the radar of clubs south of the border now. It'll be up to him ..... is it to be the SPL, ( and a no pressure job at FP), or the English 1st Div ? He's not one of the Old Boys Club who play hopscotch round the English Premiership and Championship Clubs.

Ruddy is the pick of the bunch, Hately has been a nifty signing for someone seemingly going nowhere. Jutkiewicz has worked out pretty well and again a signing that shows how much shite people talk on this(or any other) forum when it comes to which players are or aren't good enough. I thought he looked ok but rusty and a bit greedy at the start but since he gotten a few games under his belt and got a goal or two he has proved to be a very decent forward for us. Not entirely sure what convinced Moyes he was worth £1m but certainly good enough for the SPL.

I reckon we'll finish 6th. Sticky patch just now and some uncertainty in january to overcome but think we will get back to picking up points, hopefully today, but if not then maybe starting with St. Johnstone.

Hard to say, he'll be here until the summer how long after that depends on how successful he is. It no mean feat to get a team the size of Motherwell into say the top 3 or 4 in Scotland and if can keep a nucleus of squad together and build on it even fairly short term I reckon Gannon could do it maybe next season but if he does he'll be off as I can't see a strategy for longer term success ever coming about. Even with a successful youth policy we struggle to hold onto real talent for very long and must be frustrating for any manager given the financial limitations.

Went for Hately. as has been mentioned before, he has identified a talent who was drifting maybe out of the game and brought him in. The boy has bags of ability and real natural footballer. Of course Ruddy has been great but Gannon has played with him before, hence knows what he is capable off. As has also been mentioned he plays for a big club and has done for a while so you would be expecting him to be decent,

Went for fr finishing 7th this season. Think when we lose, JOB, Duke, Ruddy and Yass in January, sorry if we lose them, then the side will slip a bit and we will finish just behind Aberdeen and FHW for 6th place in the league.

Think JG will be here for a good while, maybe 3 or 4 seasons then he will take over at Man Utd after Martin O'Neill resigns after trying to replace Fergie unsuccessfully and they call upon the 1st manager in Scotland to win the SPL outside the OF in years to help them. Motherwell Season 2012-13 SPL winners........ Believe.

It's a bit unfair to pick out one player like that but I went for Hateley who I think can develop into a really top class player. Ruddy and Jutkiewicz have also done well, the jury is still out on the others.

I voted 7th place. If we finish there or above you have to consider that a decent season.

I'm not terribly confident about Jim Gannon staying for any length of time. Like any other manager he'll go as soon as he gets a better offer and I think he's done well enough to attract bigger clubs than us down south.

Plumped for Tom Hateley. As Brazilian stated upthread, Hateley was plucked from obscurity while Ruddy is highly rated and seems to have impressed most of the clubs during his various loan assingments. Hateley's been very good in his role,a true seneschal in front of the defence. Two-footed,good in the air,dangerous set piece delivery - a great bit of business.

7th place. Need to see the January dealings if one wanted to make a bolder prediction. I think we'll need to get used to Gannon abusing the loan system, awarding of short term deals(6,12 months etc) and bedding in youngsters. This makes even medium term projections difficult. Luckily all the other teams we're naturally competing with are penniless too.

I think Gannon will be here for 3 seasons in total. Seems about the length of time managers stick around for.

I picked Ruddy as best signing. Some of his saves are immense. He doesn't flap as much as Buzz did. I hope we can get him to stay at least until the end of the season, and then sign him if poss. I have also been impressed with Jutkiewicz and Moutaouakil is okay at times.

I'd be happy if we finished top six.

Think Gannon will stay 3-4 seasons as he seems the type of guy to stick with a club.

Think Ruddy has been a quality coup but he came very highly rated as others have said. I went for Hately who was apparently shunned by Hamilton? Great signing.

I think Gannon will be here for a few years at least. Having one superb season won't get you anywhere (McGhee) and I think Gannon realises this. He is really trying to build something for the future. I voted 6th but that was a toss up between that and 7th.

Ruddy - has at times won points single handedly. We reallly need to keep hold of him beyond Jan.

6th - we're in a bit of a slump in terms of form but we have just played the top 3 teams in the SPL after all (Mr fixture computer mabob WTF is it with playing the OF back to back... again!?)

1 - 2 seasons. He'll end up in the Championship for sure.