Boxing Day Match Thread

Malky79

Well yeah..... You implied I wasn't a motherwell fan through your clever use of the term supporter. Can you be a fan and not a supporter? Oh the questions.

How does booing help the team? Of course it dosen't. However given the shocking diplay cheering would have been no use either. If we went down fighting and showed some spirit then yeah, cheer the team on to victory. However why should I cheer when the players reverted to the simplest option available to a footballer instead of trying to find ways to break St Johnstone down? The punt.

I have never said nor implied that you want the team to lose. Ever, ever , EVER!! I am asking you not to boo that's all.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said that it was blatantly obvious that he has lost a section of the dressing room for fucks sake, read my post. If I want to listen to Radio Clyde, my fucking decision. For the first time I am finding myself agreeing with other posters, this website is getting over ran by fucking half wits and fannies.

No the booing halfwits and fannies have always been on here.

Hugh Keevins says on the radio that rumours ate that Gannon has lost the dressing room.

By which he probably means "I read that story in the Rancid this morning that the players had a bit of a shout at each other in the dressing room last week, which they've been quite open about".

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-21923105/

I have never said nor implied that you want the team to lose. Ever, ever , EVER!! I am asking you not to boo that's all.

your Demanding people dont boo and your really coming across as 1 of the fannies on here.

1. Its peoples personal choices if they boo or dont,its not a fucking cult where we all cheer when we score + win but sit in silence every other minute of every other game

2. Most of the players are in it for themselves and dont give a flying fuck if you boo them, The others may get a bit deflated but it will also spur them on to prove they arent as bad as they showed in that particular game

3. How else can fans show their frustrations after turning a 1-0 lead into a 3-1 loss,or losing 12 goals in 3 games? They pay their money and are entitled to their opinions

Ok some fans go over the top,some can never be pleased but thats the problem with having a human support in an emotional game, dry your eyes and accept it

your Demanding people dont boo and your really coming across as 1 of the fannies on here.

1. Its peoples personal choices if they boo or dont,its not a fucking cult where we all cheer when we score + win but sit in silence every other minute of every other game

2. Most of the players are in it for themselves and dont give a flying fuck if you boo them, The others may get a bit deflated but it will also spur them on to prove they arent as bad as they showed in that particular game

3. How else can fans show their frustrations after turning a 1-0 lead into a 3-1 loss,or losing 12 goals in 3 games? They pay their money and are entitled to their opinions

Ok some fans go over the top,some can never be pleased but thats the problem with having a human support in an emotional game, dry your eyes and accept it

i think that boy is john boyle :P

I wont accept it my eyes don't need drying. I just don't see the point in it. All I want is people to look at the bigger picture. In the summer we lost about 98% of our team. We are sixth in the league as it stands. Don't forget by the way wat this time last year we were 11th. So if - I know it's a big IF - we refreshen and have a last six months like we did last year we will be top 6 comfortably. Would you haven taken that at he start of the year? I'm still chomping the hand!

Anyway I haven't said congratulations and despite oour differnce of opinion I really mean that. All the best.

The worst I have seen so far this season. I don't mind getting beat by a better team, I don't mind when the players give 100% and have a bit of dig and maybe we just don't get the result. I have supported Motherwell long enough to know we don't win everything, long enought to know we don't win much but being a fan and a very proud one we always dig in.

Where has it gone?

I can't remember the last team I watched that looked so disjointed. Our passing today was awful I've watched better under 10's games. I understand that Gannon wants us to play clean football and to cut out bookings but heres the other side of the coin Jim we were piss poor today. I don't think we had 1 player from 11 that gave 100% today. I'm ashamed of that fact.

I also listened to the radio on the way home tonight and it made me shudder to hear JG say that we didn't have the quality needed and he felt like he was "juggling soup!". This could be the start of an oh mighty fall and I just hope that it's not, but I stayed to the end today and never felt I'd had my moneys worth. I didn't personally boo the boys off the park but I understand why some felt the need to. In a time when our game is in a hellish state, in -2* when most folk are skint after Christmas maybe the players should have a good look at them selfs and maybe Gannon too. I'm right behind our manager and I think I can see the long term plan, but I want to see guys in C&A giving me 100% on match day. I can see a BIG clear out coming I just hope we can stand it if it comes, but after what I watched today I'm just not sure.

Mon the Well :P

Thing that annoyed me with Clyde 1 was when Keevins started going on about playing the young boys and maybe its time to get the experienced players in to start picking up some points. Maybe if Hugh managed to look at the team sheet he'd see, minus Hammell, that all our experienced players were out there today, with three having absolute howlers. At this point i switched it on Galaxy then remembered it was shit since it took over XFM. Should of took the ipod, disaster of a day all round.

I wont accept it my eyes don't need drying. I just don't see the point in it. All I want is people to look at the bigger picture. In the summer we lost about 98% of our team. We are sixth in the league as it stands. Don't forget by the way wat this time last year we were 11th. So if - I know it's a big IF - we refreshen and have a last six months like we did last year we will be top 6 comfortably. Would you haven taken that at he start of the year? I'm still chomping the hand!

Anyway I haven't said congratulations and despite oour differnce of opinion I really mean that. All the best.

Cheers M8,

It might not sound like it from my last post but Im actually in your camp, Yes Im far from happy with recent results but id have shagged the leg off 6th place on boxing day if it was offered in july,my problem,and where our opinions differ,is the booing. I dont do it at a game myself but can understand why/if people wish to express their feelings in this way, I just took issue with the way your putting your point across.

Oh and Decorator, behave yourself!! I am certainly not John Boyle and have chastised men for lesser insults! :P

Cheers M8,

It might not sound like it from my last post but Im actually in your camp, Yes Im far from happy with recent results but id have shagged the leg off 6th place on boxing day if it was offered in july,my problem,and where our opinions differ,is the booing. I dont do it at a game myself but can understand why/if people wish to express their feelings in this way, I just took issue with the way your putting your point across.

Oh and Decorator, behave yourself!! I am certainly not John Boyle and have chastised men for lesser insults! :P

I don't mean to be a prick about it but it is my pet hate and always has been. In another thread I mentioned I booed John davies in a game we atually won 3-0 but since that day I have been ashamed. Even on that day andnow I don't know or understand - I never will by the way- how booing will benefit the team. Anyway it doesn't mean your, Chris' or any other booer's love for the well is lessened but come on it is early days in a marathon. B-)

the only reason I stayed to the end today was to boo every one of those c***s off the pitch. if anyone has a problem with that then they can go take a flying fuck to themselves. that 2nd half performance was shambolic and our form right now will see us in a relegation fight for sure. Bigger picture my arse. we have flattered to decieve all season and now we are being found out big style.

I don't agree with booing, never will. I wasn't at the game so can't comment to much but the boos were loud. Maybe a bit more positive backing at the same volume would be better. I'll be singing my wee lungs out in Edinburgh hoping that it can make a difference.

Aye we meeting up for a pint?

I'm hoping Gannon is as scunnered as he sounded on the radio tonight because at this present moment, I'd be happy to see him walk.

I was happy to see the experienced called back into the starting lineup today but as soon as the game kicked off I feared a dismal afternoon beckoned. First and foremost, there was no sign of the passing culture on show today. More worringly however, the team clearly lacks fitness and there is no heart in the team. St Johnstone are nothing special but it was clear to see that every player was fighting for the jersey and their manager.

Without doubt, Gannon looks to have lost the dressing room. And is any wonder why when your leader prefers to publically criticise his players rather than shoulder the responsibility?

the only reason I stayed to the end today was to boo every one of those c***s off the pitch. if anyone has a problem with that then they can go take a flying fuck to themselves. that 2nd half performance was shambolic and our form right now will see us in a relegation fight for sure. Bigger picture my arse. we have flattered to decieve all season and now we are being found out big style.

Brilliant

:PB-)

FUCKIN BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! as a BOO!! doesn't quite cut it for me after that today.

JG is trying to turn us into a passing team, well there was fuck all passing today, aimless punts up the park for most of the game we then give away the ball and have to try and get it back again only to give it away again. I hope that all of those crying our for Craigen to come back saw why the fuck Gannon hasn't been playing him, slow as fuck, hoofs the ball up the park. Good guy but his time is well and truely up.

2nd half was absolute torture, never looked like scoring and absolutely shambolic defending, powder puff as usual and never looked like scoring again.

Only think getting me through this by trying to take some posititives, good to see Slane and Humphries back hopefully they will start to make a difference and give us a bit more going forward.

Also I've given Yassin absolute pelters on here, fair is fair, I though he was good today some excellent movement with Lasley up the right side especially in the first half and some good crosses. Good on you and keep it up. I'll be happy to eat my words if he starts to produce on a regular basis.

That's funny. I've been pro-yassin all season and though the was shite today!

The experienced guys were poor today, and the only plus point for me was a decent performance from Jennings. We had absolutely nothing up front, and St J nullified our "passing game" pretty easily.

We could have been a couple of goals down early on if not for some good last ditch challenges from Saunders and a good save from Ruddy, but the changes made by both teams at half time left us completely swamped in the midfield and St Johnstone ran the entire second half. Our confidence also looks shot to pieces.

Gannon can moan about the players all he wants, but good managers can organise a team of mediocre players to at least make it hard for the opposition.

Gutted.

Enjoyed the first half, but then they just appeared to be all over the shop when St Johnstone equalised, then it just seemed the ball was being kicked into the air and all over the shop with no real drive to actually score any more goals. Disappointing game.

Still, at least the old boy paid :lol:

i was very happy at halftime. we battled hard, made a few chances and were deservedly ahead.

second half we had changes for no reason again. after their second goal we totally panicked and played as if we were into the 92nd minute which cost us the third goal.

we've used 25+ players this year but our manager doesn't think they can do what he wants. i come closer to the conclusion that he might be at the wrong club (in the wrong league)

i was very happy at halftime. we battled hard, made a few chances and were deservedly ahead.

second half we had changes for no reason again. after their second goal we totally panicked and played as if we were into the 92nd minute which cost us the third goal.

we've used 25+ players this year but our manager doesn't think they can do what he wants. i come closer to the conclusion that he might be at the wrong club (in the wrong league)

After 6 months ? Really ?