Boxing Day Match Thread

Malky79

How about you get off your high horse and stop telling people how to act (yes I appreciate the irony). If people want to boo after getting humped 3-1 and conceding 9 goals in 2 games, it's their right to do so. You may not think it'll help, but it gets the supporters' opinion across to the players/management.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are supposed to be a supporter as well. How about a bit of support instead of shitey booing.

Oh I'm 'supposed' to be a supporter :nod::nod:

Yeah I don't like football, just go Fir Park for the hell of it.

I doubt my boo's had a detrimental effect on the player's performance, similarily if I started cheering I doubt we'd have scored 3 late goals to win.

How about you get off your high horse and stop telling people how to act (yes I appreciate the irony). If people want to boo after getting humped 3-1 and conceding 9 goals in 2 games, it's their right to do so. You may not think it'll help, but it gets the supporters' opinion across to the players/management.

It wont help. It decreases confidence. You and they are the sort of fans who booed McLean during the bad times - and there were bad times - without seeing the bigger picture and now proclaim him a hero. Booing doesn't help! Simples!

Keep the fait!!

Mon the well!!

Oh ffs stop being pedantic.

See when I went to the game today, guess what?

I wanted Motherwell to win, not St Johnstone. See against Hamilton......I'll want Motherwell to win.

Did I ever say you do not or will not ? Answer the question, how does booing help the team?

Very very disgruntled today with that game.

We havent won since October. Have shipped 14 goals in 4 games. We have been ahead at half time in the last 4 home games in a row and ended up with only 2 pts out it, due in my opinion the Gannons tinkering and changing. Yet again he changes the team unnecessarily and to the detriment of the performance.

Pass marks for very few today.... in fact nobody gets 2nd half pass marks in my opinion. Craigan did not find one Motherwell player with a pass today. People can slate Saunders but he is playing with a very experienced "International" defender today whose passing and marking where fecking awful. He has to continually cover for Yassin, I'm a right winger, Moutakil. He gets made to look frail as he has no support. Not ideal for a raw 18 year old rookie. His confidence is shot.

Hugh Keevins says on the radio that rumours ate that Gannon has lost the dressing room. That to me is blatantly obvious and to be honest his own fault. We know he is outspoken but he needs to watch who he upsets. I can sense the fans seriously turning against his descision.

Bottom line, not fucking good enough by half.

if we cant boo how else are we supposed to let the team know we arent happy we pay good money to watch them so we are entitled to show our dissapointment when the team dont perform i do think some supporters take it too far i myself have been guilty of that at times.

incedentally the only time i booed today was the sub whixh was a shocking decision by gannon

It wont help. It decreases confidence. You and they are the sort of fans who booed McLean during the bad times - and there were bad times - without seeing the bigger picture and now proclaim him a hero. Booing doesn't help! Simples!

Keep the faith!!

Mon the well!!

Here here, roll on Edinburgh

if we cant boo how else are we supposed to let the team know we arent happy we pay good money to watch them so we are entitled to show our dissapointment when the team dont perform i do think some supporters take it too far i myself have been guilty of that at times.

incedentally the only time i booed today was the sub whixh was a shocking decision by gannon

You answer it then! How does booing have a positive effect on the team?

Very very disgruntled today with that game.

We havent won since October. Have shipped 14 goals in 4 games. We have been ahead at half time in the last 4 home games in a row and ended up with only 2 pts out it, due in my opinion the Gannons tinkering and changing. Yet again he changes the team unnecessarily and to the detriment of the performance.

Pass marks for very few today.... in fact nobody gets 2nd half pass marks in my opinion. Craigan did not find one Motherwell player with a pass today. People can slate Saunders but he is playing with a very experienced "International" defender today whose passing and marking where fecking awful. He has to continually cover for Yassin, I'm a right winger, Moutakil. He gets made to look frail as he has no support. Not ideal for a raw 18 year old rookie. His confidence is shot.

Hugh Keevins says on the radio that rumours ate that Gannon has lost the dressing room. That to me is blatantly obvious and to be honest his own fault. We know he is outspoken but he needs to watch who he upsets. I can sense the fanst seriously turning against his descision.

Bottom line, not fucking good enough by half.

Now you are beleiving Hugh Keevings FFS :nod:

Hugh Keevins says on the radio that rumours ate that Gannon has lost the dressing room. That to me is blatantly obvious and to be honest his own fault. We know he is outspoken but he needs to watch who he upsets. I can sense the fanst seriously turning against his descision.

A) Who gives a fuck about Hugh Keevins!!! Ah cannae believe that folk even listen to Radio Clyde still!!!!

B) If he has "lost the dressing room", then get the fuckers tae fuck in the transfer window and bring in guys who want to play for the management & fans.

"Gannon lost the dressing room" - I said it at the beginning of the season, but he lost it only to the players who have been there for years and years and thought they are untouchable! Of course these players do make it hard for Gannon, which is another reason why I predict a busy transfer period...

Did I ever say you do not or will not ? Answer the question, how does booing help the team?

Well yeah..... You implied I wasn't a motherwell fan through your clever use of the term supporter. Can you be a fan and not a supporter? Oh the questions.

How does booing help the team? Of course it dosen't. However given the shocking diplay cheering would have been no use either. If we went down fighting and showed some spirit then yeah, cheer the team on to victory. However why should I cheer when the players reverted to the simplest option available to a footballer instead of trying to find ways to break St Johnstone down? The punt.

A) Who gaves a fuck about Hugh Keevins!!!

B) If he has "lost the dressing room", then get the fuckers tae fuck in the transfer window and bring in guys who want to play for the management & fans.

Absolutely. Agree 100 per cent. Anyone who is unwilling to play for the manager is unwilling to play for the club. there are at least three guys who were playing today who need to be moved off the wage bill to make way for those who want to be here.

Do you think the players really care, if we applaud or boo them off the park? People wan't to show there anger at a performance, sub, tactical decision or a defeat. Were the ones that pay thousands of pounds a season to watch motherwell. Players are in the game for themselves, they don't care if they get booed off the park or not.

My opinion to your question is, players don't care. Just like they take the routh with the smooth.

Water off a ducks back

Now you are beleiving Hugh Keevings FFS :nod:

I said that it was blatantly obvious that he has lost a section of the dressing room for fucks sake, read my post. If I want to listen to Radio Clyde, my fucking decision. For the first time I am finding myself agreeing with other posters, this website is getting over ran by fucking half wits and fannies.

I don't think that he will have lost the dressing room but one thing i would say about Gannon since he came to scotland is - he really should learn to shut up sometimes. His embarassing tirade week after week against Hugh Dallas was pathetic(from dallases point of view aswell)....it was schoolboy stuff really and gannon on the radio slating dallas and bitching about him not returning letters etc was just totally unprofessional and now his rant towards players not having ability is going the same way. Some washing shouldn't be flashed in public - a agree with him over the refereeing situation totally,and i agree mayby the players aint the best either,but that's not something you should be doing in public.

Jim Gannon made a good start with very difficult circumstances there is no doubt about that,11th would be regarded as a decent result when season expectations were raised when he took charge of the team.

It's a big week ahead,get this over with an if results continue like they have been - then lets start getting concerned. A couple of wins and this will all be forgotten - heres hoping.

Do you think the players really care, if we applaud or boo them off the park? People wan't to show there anger at a performance, sub, tactical decision or a defeat. Were the ones that pay thousands of pounds a season to watch motherwell. Players are in the game for themselves, they don't care if they get booed off the park or not.

My opinion to your question is, players don't care.

100% correct mate :nod:

i think there's a big distinction to be made between booing a very bad result at the end of the game - like today ... and booing individual players.

i've certainly booed at full time after a drubbing .. it's just a release .. a way to show disappointment at the result .. and if we weren't disappointed at bad results THEN we wouldnt be supporters

i'd never boo an individual player in a motherwell shirt .. totally different thing.

i think there's a big distinction to be made between booing a very bad result at the end of the game - like today ... and booing individual players.

i've certainly booed at full time after a drubbing .. it's just a release .. a way to show disappointment at the result .. and if we weren't disappointed at bad results THEN we wouldnt be supporters

i'd never boo an individual player in a motherwell shirt .. totally different thing.

:P