Game Off

studos

This is Accies whose car park was frozen so they weren't allowed to play on Wednesday. If they could have given 100% guarantee of game being on though I don't see why we couldn't have switched and played our Feb game at Motherwell. They let Airdrie and Dundee do it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why has Ms Dempster felt the need to call and brief you, I take it the call was due to your position on the MST board, surely she can post on here a full explanation of the circumstances, rather than feeding it through the MST. I do hope that this is not to become the norm from the club.

No problem with communication through the Trust mate, but the MST has to be even handed. By that I mean it should post on Fir Park Corner. Trust shouldn't be seen to favour one site over another. It should represent all its members.

Can we not just be pleased that during what is obviously a busy time for her, that we are at least getting the information out to us ?

This is Accies whose car park was frozen so they weren't allowed to play on Wednesday. If they could have given 100% guarantee of game being on though I don't see why we couldn't have switched and played our Feb game at Motherwell. They let Airdrie and Dundee do it.

Spot on! Saves on fixture congestion as well. Accies already have two games to catch up on.

Your right Al, Leeann and all the staff at the club are up to their eyeballs at the minute.

I take the point about not posting on FPC though and will try and get myself back on there more often... Nothing against the people or the patter on the site (many times the patter is actually far better), I just prefer the layout on this site of how the posts and the conversation flows. Plus it's busier so I just usually through force of a habit come on this ere forum!

One final thing on the ground issue - I don't know if anyone else noticed that the Queens Park game is called off today. Even the national stadium isn't able to get games on today so maybe were no that bad after all.

Your right Al, Leeann and all the staff at the club are up to their eyeballs at the minute.

I take the point about not posting on FPC though and will try and get myself back on there more often... Nothing against the people or the patter on the site (many times the patter is actually far better), I just prefer the layout on this site of how the posts and the conversation flows. Plus it's busier so I just usually through force of a habit come on this ere forum!

One final thing on the ground issue - I don't know if anyone else noticed that the Queens Park game is called off today. Even the national stadium isn't able to get games on today so maybe were no that bad after all.

Again, spot on. One of the main reasons I don't post on FPC. Not the best to navigate.

Perhaps for the next few games if the weather keeps up, the occupants of the east stand and the cooper could be moved to the south stand. The main stand closed and the cooper given to away fans? Or if it was a smaller away support, just the east closed to home fans, the east standers sat in the south and the away fans in a section of the main stand. I appreciate the south stand was also an issue but of the two i imagine it is less problematic.

Fair enough everyone, but where exactly is the money coming from for all these repairs, improvements, new stadium etc. Maybe if more folk got off their arses and actually went to the games the club might have more money to carry some of these suggestions out. Or do we expect Mr Boyle to dip into his own pocket or transfer cash from the next managers budget to fund this (can't wait to hear the howls of complaint on here if this happened).

No problem with communication through the Trust mate, but the MST has to be even handed. By that I mean it should post on Fir Park Corner. Trust shouldn't be seen to favour one site over another. It should represent all its members.

This site used to have a Trust forum, BUT it's up to the individual which site they join and contribute to, there are more than 2 Motherwell sites as well.

Loving the knee jerk reaction here, how many other times have we seen games caled off here due to this? It's only due to a really bad spell or prolonged cold thats seen this happen, it's been pretty much minus every day and night for a month. I doubt we'll see a cold spell like this again for a while, so whats the worry, repair it and we'll get the game played another time.

Can we not just be pleased that during what is obviously a busy time for her, that we are at least getting the information out to us ?

Well I should bloody well think that they should get the information out to us, considering we are the paying customer.

The fella Joe from the MST posts it snippet of a conversation with Ms Dempster on here, surely his first port of call should have been to update the MST site, before coming on here, secondly Flow posts a link to the Offal site statement regarding the postponement, if it's on here they should at least have the courtesy to post a link to all the MFC websites, not just their personal favourites.

Another good reason I have never, nor ever will be a member of the Trust

The fella Joe from the MST posts it snippet of a conversation with Ms Dempster on here, surely his first port of call should have been to update the MST site, before coming on here, secondly Flow posts a link to the Offal site statement regarding the postponement, if it's on here they should at least have the courtesy to post a link to all the MFC websites, not just their personal favourites.

I agree with your view but see Joe's response to my earlier post. Give him a chance first to implement change.

You're right in that the MST must be seen to be impartial which it hasn't been in the past.

Well I should bloody well think that they should get the information out to us, considering we are the paying customer.

Aye yer spot on Moe... me and the rest of the Trust are only in it for ourselves, get hunners of free tickets doled out to us, only look after our favourite fans and sites.

I could sit and list the numerous thinks myself and my happy clappy bunch have done for the club, including lending support to the club last week to get the St Johnstone game on and were prepared to go up on the morning before the Accies game to graft and get the game on again, but of course that will mean nothing to you because we are only it for ourselves.

We do try and be impartial and cover all bases, but please remember, we are a voluntary group lending our personal time to do a bit of good for our club now and into the future. We are never going to be able to fire out press releases on all sites in a coordinated fashion due to the fact we are not an organisation that gets together daily/weekly and puts soundbites out to keep the media happy.

Instead we try our hardest to make our voice (your voice too as you are a supporter) heard in the club and make sure we can cascade the info back to you through these mediums. We are also human and do sometimes forget that there is more than one Motherwell Web-Page. Please also remember that the Trust hadn't been active with communication up until November when we had a shake up.

That's all for me just now, I'm away on Holiday to enjoy my prawn sandwiches...

Away and bile yer head ya moaning faced bugger...!! There's always one...get a grip..oh and by the way THIS is the best fans site bar none and everything should be posted on this site first..GIRFUY...!!

Sorry Joe, I never got beyond the first paragraph, absolutely typical response to anyone who dares criticise.

Enjoy yir butties.

Aye yer spot on Moe... me and the rest of the Trust are only in it for ourselves, get hunners of free tickets doled out to us, only look after our favourite fans and sites.

I could sit and list the numerous thinks myself and my happy clappy bunch have done for the club, including lending support to the club last week to get the St Johnstone game on and were prepared to go up on the morning before the Accies game to graft and get the game on again, but of course that will mean nothing to you because we are only it for ourselves.

We do try and be impartial and cover all bases, but please remember, we are a voluntary group lending our personal time to do a bit of good for our club now and into the future. We are never going to be able to fire out press releases on all sites in a coordinated fashion due to the fact we are not an organisation that gets together daily/weekly and puts soundbites out to keep the media happy.

Instead we try our hardest to make our voice (your voice too as you are a supporter) heard in the club and make sure we can cascade the info back to you through these mediums. We are also human and do sometimes forget that there is more than one Motherwell Web-Page. Please also remember that the Trust hadn't been active with communication up until November when we had a shake up.

That's all for me just now, I'm away on Holiday to enjoy my prawn sandwiches...

This site used to have a Trust forum, BUT it's up to the individual which site they join and contribute to, there are more than 2 Motherwell sites as well.

It may have one again shortly. It's been suggested in the relevant section of the forum, and hopefully it'll get the green light shortly.

At least then Joe and co. will have somewhere to post reports of their cushy corporate matchdays and private drinking sessions with the chairman :(

I see the MST have their cheerleaders on parade, can you or Joe point me to the bit of the post I wrote about Freebies, corporate hospitality or in it for themselves etc etc, so much paranoia in this thread I thought I had strayed onto a cellic board.

It may have one again shortly. It's been suggested in the relevant section of the forum, and hopefully it'll get the green light shortly.

At least then Joe and co. will have somewhere to post reports of their cushy corporate matchdays and private drinking sessions with the chairman :(

I see the MST have their cheerleaders on parade, can you or Joe point me to the bit of the post I wrote about Freebies, corporate hospitality or in it for themselves etc etc, so much paranoia in this thread I thought I had strayed onto a cellic board.

Can you point me to the bit where I made any reference to anything that you said?

I was taking a jovial wee dig at Joe.

I like your comment about MST "cheerleaders" though.