Game Off

studos

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the fairly new South Stand has problems rather than just the antiquated East? Mitch shut up.

It hardly brand new, but just shows that if even the newer parts of the ground are something of a wreck what a state the older bits are!

Anyone won a euromillions lately want to build us a new one? :whistling:

Disappointing.

Trafficlight jinxed it. :lol:

:lol:

Fucking gutted, but yeah, I must be jinxed. We were due to be at the Killie game earlier in the season but I was ill, and now this! Can't believe it. :lol:

What do I do about my tickets? Chances are I won't be able to make the re-scheduled game.

Happy fucking new year from Bellshill :D

:lol:

Fucking gutted, but yeah, I must be jinxed. We were due to be at the Killie game earlier in the season but I was ill, and now this! Can't believe it. :lol:

What do I do about my tickets? Chances are I won't be able to make the re-scheduled game.

Happy fucking new year from Bellshill :lol:

I'd like to think the Club would sort you out with a refund mate.

Disappointed with this but the club really have their hands tied.

Leeann Dempster phoned me to brief me on the reasons behind it and from what she's said, I think she's made the right call.

The East has always had problems with burst pipes for as long as I can remember, but didn't think the South was prone to many problems. The biggest problem is that Football Stadiums don't have central heating, so as soon as you try and turn the pipes on, you burst them in this weather.

She said that if we were playing someone like St Johnstone where the crowd would be forecast to be circa 4,000, the game could probably have went ahead with 2 stands as the Cooper and Main would be big enough. The fact it's a new year derby means that the numbers are harder to predict.

The groundstaff have been in for the last two days, giving up their New Year celebrations and have investigated every avenue, like taking temporary measures to get the top of the south open for some fans at least, but all have failed.

Dissapointed as most will be that events of this nature mean the game is off, Fair play to the effort to get it on and the early decision to cancel it when it became clear it wouldn't happen

and whilst not wanting an argument the bit I highlighted is just another example where the club need to explore better options for facilities management

there are hell of a lot of facilities out there that operate outside with no central heating :doh: , correct insulation and posiibly trace-heating in the lagging would be the relatively inexpensive options, draining the systems when not in use would mean nothing to freeze?

The old lady needs money spent on her, too much been done on the cheap over the years, and like the pitch debacle it'll always come back and bite ye on the arse, It'll take a strong and commited leadership to guide us through it.

Not sure what the costs of the repairs to each will be Brazilian, but certainly if it helps prevent games being called off and does not cost that much, then the club would be foolish not to consider doing it. The club have already shown they will do this with the park where it made sense to spend a fortune.

That said but, in the East, it's not just the pipes that are knackered. You've also got the issue of the leaky roof which will only get worse that people have been moaning about on here in other threads.

It's no surprise that the two stands that are occupied during the week are fine, and the two that get used only on a saturday are not. That's why when teams move to new facilities they put lots of offices, bars etc through all the stands.

The single biggest problem with Fir Park now is that there are so many things in need of repair in the whole stadium that the cost of simply getting a game on is becoming too much.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club don't consider simply shutting one of the stands and using the money to do one of them right. That would be the sensible thing for a business to do, but given we are a fitba club, sense like this goes out the windae and we demand that our seat is in the same place as it always has been.

Why has Ms Dempster felt the need to call and brief you, I take it the call was due to your position on the MST board, surely she can post on here a full explanation of the circumstances, rather than feeding it through the MST. I do hope that this is not to become the norm from the club.

Disappointed with this but the club really have their hands tied.

Leeann Dempster phoned me to brief me on the reasons behind it and from what she's said, I think she's made the right call.

The East has always had problems with burst pipes for as long as I can remember, but didn't think the South was prone to many problems. The biggest problem is that Football Stadiums don't have central heating, so as soon as you try and turn the pipes on, you burst them in this weather.

She said that if we were playing someone like St Johnstone where the crowd would be forecast to be circa 4,000, the game could probably have went ahead with 2 stands as the Cooper and Main would be big enough. The fact it's a new year derby means that the numbers are harder to predict.

The groundstaff have been in for the last two days, giving up their New Year celebrations and have investigated every avenue, like taking temporary measures to get the top of the south open for some fans at least, but all have failed.

Why has Ms Dempster felt the need to call and brief you, I take it the call was due to your position on the MST board, surely she can post on here a full explanation of the circumstances, rather than feeding it through the MST. I do hope that this is not to become the norm from the club.

No problem with communication through the Trust mate, but the MST has to be even handed. By that I mean it should post on Fir Park Corner. Trust shouldn't be seen to favour one site over another. It should represent all its members.