More Paper Talk.

postiejim

Tranmere, Motherwell join Fenlon hunt

January 6, 2010

Pat Fenlon’s stock continues to rise with two more clubs reportedly interested in securing the services of the Bohemians manager.

Fenlon is seen as the favourite to take up the reins at Dundee United having been given permission to speak to the Tannadice club.

But the Arabs’ Scottish Premier League rivals Motherwell, who parted company with former Dundalk boss Jim Gannon last month, are also interested in the 40-year-old Dubliner.

And English League One side Tranmere Rovers are also in the hunt for Fenlon, who has won five League of Ireland titles in seven years as a manager, including back-to-back titles in two years as Bohemians boss in 2008 and 2009.

He's hardly a "new manager". New to the SPL, perhaps, but he's managed club and international sides for several years, winning five league titles and two cups, and had good runs in European competition too.

Exactly, no SPL experience, never heard of him until Dundee Utd interviewed him, thats enough for me...no thanks

We've got two guys right here, right now who 1) WANT to be here and don't see us as a stepping stone, 2) have plenty of contacts/respect in the game and 3) know Scottish football inside and out. Why look elsewhere?

DANGER !! COMMON SENSE ALERT

-_-:D:notworthy:

Absolute belter of a post, the more I read and hear about Jack and Victor the more I think they could be really good for us.

DANGER !! COMMON SENSE ALERT

-_-:D:notworthy:

Absolute belter of a post, the more I read and hear about Jack and Victor the more I think they could be really good for us.

+1

i wasn't overly impressed when I heard who we had, but like you, the more I think about it, the more I think they might just be suited perfectly to life at MFC just now !

time (and results) will tell !!

We've got two guys right here, right now who 1) WANT to be here and don't see us as a stepping stone, 2) have plenty of contacts/respect in the game and 3) know Scottish football inside and out. Why look elsewhere?

I don't disagree necessarilly but point 1 is a load of baws. If they do a good enough job to attack attention from bigger clubs they'd be off like anyone else!

Real Radio (I know!) have been reporting recently that Brown/Knox will be staying till the end of the season. Seems pretty sensible if you ask me.