Jim Jefferies

stoney

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd still be wary of Calderwood, only because he was moaning during his last few months up north that he was tired of the SPL and found it was boring him.

I'd imagine that 6 months of uncertainty, worry, and, unemployment has shook that right out of him.

P.S I wouldn't want Leitch as our manager either, but only cos he's too inexperienced. What's folk got against him? The Aberdeen thing?

Not good enough or experienced enough for the Well job and turned it down quite rightly, but the boy certainly does cream himself about the Aberdeen job..

“I probably would not get the opportunity to be Aberdeen manager unless I was here, working hard and showing them what I can do.

“If I can make the club appreciate what I do then I know I am giving myself the chance of one day being the Aberdeen manager.

“There is an element of selfishness from myself."

For me it's because he got Ross County relegated.

He actually did a good job for the 1st half of the season up there, won the challenge cup + had them playing well with a couple of good youngsters playing, the problem he had was that he was told the club was skint + he had to lose something like 60-70% off the wage bill pronto which meant he was left with no other option than flooding the team wi young guys not ready for sfl footie + the team went into freefall! Not really his fault.

He actually did a good job for the 1st half of the season up there, won the challenge cup + had them playing well with a couple of good youngsters playing, the problem he had was that he was told the club was skint + he had to lose something like 60-70% off the wage bill pronto which meant he was left with no other option than flooding the team wi young guys not ready for sfl footie + the team went into freefall! Not really his fault.

That's it in a nutshell - before a ball had even been kicked up in Dingwall he was up against it.

As for the job offer in the summer, he didn't feel experienced enough to take the job at that time but still harbours an ambition to manage Motherwell in the future. Basically didn't want to make his mistakes at Fir Park .

Many of the people who are criticising him for not taking the job, didn't actually want him to get the job anyway!! :P

Anybody see the pictures of Calderwood in the papers today? Killie will be lucky to get him to the end of the season. He was never the healthiest looking of blokes but those bloodshot eyes, massive gut, and big jowly fat face does not bode well for the high pressure of a relegation dogfight.

Just telling you what I heard!!

Calderwood is obviously desperate so fuck knows what money he is on.

sorry, also meant to add 1-0 ya fat dick!!

Well your "sources" have been shite.

Going by your sources, Gordon Chisholm would have been named on Wednesday and you'd have put your savings on it if you'd found a bookie willing to take the bet! :P

That's it in a nutshell - before a ball had even been kicked up in Dingwall he was up against it.

As for the job offer in the summer, he didn't feel experienced enough to take the job at that time but still harbours an ambition to manage Motherwell in the future. Basically didn't want to make his mistakes at Fir Park .

Many of the people who are criticising him for not taking the job, didn't actually want him to get the job anyway!! :P

I don't remember reading much in the way of quotes to that effect in the summer from him - maybe they just weren't reported.