Our Relationship With Fans, The Mfc Trust And The Supporters Association

Leeann Dempster

With hindsight targeting old firm season ticket holders from the shire would be a waste of resources. As you said, it should be the 20 or so who claim to follow them who would make easier pickings .... I suddenly feel like the Pied Piper.

Decreasing attendences are prevolent throughout all of Scottish football, remember in the early mid 90's the 20,000 waiting list at Ibrox and after McCann left Celtic, the same if not more.

With English football free on a Saturday night or live with a Sky subscription its not hard to see why the punter struggles to justify £22 for average Scottish fare.

I would opt for summer football as I think the benefits outweigh the negatives 10 fold. However its not going to happen anytime soon and its not something that can be tackled by Leeann at present.

Why will people come to Fir Park:

1./ Price

2./ Atmosphere

3./ Winning Team

4./ Quality product

5./ Awareness

What can we do above the above?

1./ Price is down to the club and its overheads, higher attendence can result in a reduction but to get them in MFC have to take a hit initally. Club has to be careful not to alienate and foster resentment from the core who have paid full whack in June/July though

2./ Seating has affected it, so has closing off the south end of the East stand, I'm sure everyone who regularly attends would welcome any ideas to boost this without going down an American gimicky route.

3./ Down to Jack and Vic and the players.

4./ Continuity, stability and camoradarie akin to what Ferguson fostered at Man Utd with the Giggs/Butt/Beckham generation. As for the gound the facilities could be improved with minimal cost and effort, something that could be addressed immediately unless the club has contracts with suppliers/service providers.

5./ Down to the Well fans engaging with those in the community who have fallen by the wayside, those who could be tempted and the club through a PR campaign in the press, radio and initiatives. (Leeds do unemployed tickets for example).

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry if it is anyone on here, but that denim shorts, long claret socks and black plimsoles combination in that photo is just plain wrong, wrong, wrong......

:unsure:

In fact, I'd go so far to say quite disturbing.

:wacko::blink:

It is utterly ridiculous looking, it not often Frazzle is the more sensible looking one in a picture! :D

After Leeann's original post - the "Supporters Advisory Committee" is set to run.

Can I make objective comment. Ditch the term committee and replace it with Forum or Panel or Task Force or Convocation or Assembly or Gathering or Seminar. The term Committee smacks of Eric Honiker and an unelected mob of tyrants. It also leaves us with a TLA of SAC :D

I think this is a good initiative. It would be great to boost attendances at Fir Park and get people supporting the team from a young age. Since I have not been to Motherwell for five years I am not sure if much has changed. As an example, does the town of Motherwell show support for the Club? I reckon we should have claret and amber in some way displayed throughout the town on banners beside lamp posts or whereaver (that are not accessible to be removed). The town of Motherwell itself is in dire need of improvement and I'm afraid, until that eventually happens, it will never be seen as a desirable place for people to truly involve themselves in the community or Club. Does MFC advertise at all in newspapers or on television?

I understand that the official website is being remodeled and that is a good thing. Might be an idea to add an ex-pats section as there are many Motherwell fans who reside in various places of the UK, Europe and around the world.

Primary schools in the area should be a focus of the Club in order to attract a new fan base, although I am sure that the Club involves itself in the community. Good luck with this initiative.

• 4 weeks later...

Morning All,

My apologies for the silence from me on this topic however I have been concentrating on club matters elsewhere.

To update you all, we have had approx 25 notes of interest from supporters who are interested in participating in the consultative committee. In order to move this process along swiftly I think we should probably set Friday 5th March as the final date for applications thereafter we will be in contact with those who have shown an interest to take it to the next stage.

Leeann

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update on this from my end, as ever I have been caught up in other club business but I do plan to contact those who have put their name forward with a view to organising a meeting in the coming days.

The meeting I hope will take place, assuming the majority of people can attend, on Saturday 3rd April prior to the Falkirk match. Thereafter once we have had the chance to talk through what is involved, commitment etc we can finalise the committee and get things moving.

Please bear with me, it is rather hectic at the moment.

Leeann

Afternoon,

For those who have previously put their names forward, please read below.

Thanks for your interest and comments regarding the Supporters Advisory Committee. I would like to invite everyone who put their name forward to get together to have very much an informal an initial discussion about the structure of the committee, the roles and time involved in coming onboard and some agreement on general direction to at least get us started.

As we have a home match on Saturday the 3rd April and therefore most of you will be coming to the ground anyway, I would like to suggest we get together between 1pm and 2pm to start discussions. The meeting will be held in the Sponsors Lounge which is located in the main stand. Please report the main entrance of the main stand and you will be directed from there.

Please respond to ann.steven@motherwellfc.co.uk and advise if you are able to attend.

If you did not put yourself forward previously then please do not attend as we are already somewhat over subscribed...

Kind regards

Leeann

• 5 weeks later...
Is there another one of these planned before the Hibs game as its the last home game of the season?

Due to all the hassle caused by the post fixture split announcement, I think it has probably been put on hold till next season.