Kilmarnock Away Sat 16th Jan

Brazilian

It's going to be six in a row I fear.

Killie have made a very good move by appointing Jimmy Calderwood as manager and he will be able to steer them clear of relegation, I have no doubt about that. We meantime are stuttering along - as we always do - with an interm manager who doesn't know if he's here for the duration or not and can't do anything to strengthen the squad given the fact that the chairman is on holiday.

I fully expect Jimmy Calderwood - someone who would have been ideal for us just now - to begin his Killie career with three points against us as we have nothing about us just now that suggests that we can pick up our poor form and quite frankly, having 69 year old, out of the game for eight years Craig Brown in charge doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever.

I reckon 1-0 to the Ayrshire mob on Saturday.

Wrong again. :lol::lol:

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer Brother's a Jambo :lol: Bet that created some interesting situations when you were younger.

Has he got curly hair ? If yes, here's a wee song for him.........

My name's Shirley Temple,

I've got curly hair,

and I support the Jamtarts,

Coz I'm no all there :lol:

Unfortunaltely so.

Even worse is, tis I who have curly hair.:woop:

A few points on Craig Browns man-management skills today.

Re-introduces Fitzpatrick. Like him or loathe him, this will give a massive boost to his confidence. He'll have close pals within the team who'll be delighted to see him back in there as well. A total Win-Win.

Gave special praise to Craigan (and Reynolds) for dealing with Kyle. Again, a confidence booster from a guy who got it tight from Gannon.

Singled out Lasley as MotM, pointing out he's hardly kicked a ball in anger this season.

Takes off the goal scorers in a 'take a bow son' approach when the game was won.

That's gonnae be a happy bus back up the road.

I'm not the biggest football expert in the world (in fact, not even in this house!), but a know a wee bit about management... And all of the above says to me the team are in a safe pair of auld wrinkly hands.

Well played Jack n Victor, Well played 'Well.

Now lets get pished!!!

A few points on Craig Browns man-management skills today.

Re-introduces Fitzpatrick. Like him or loathe him, this will give a massive boost to his confidence. He'll have close pals within the team who'll be delighted to see him back in there as well. A total Win-Win.

Gave special praise to Craigan (and Reynolds) for dealing with Kyle. Again, a confidence booster from a guy who got it tight from Gannon.

Singled out Lasley as MotM, pointing out he's hardly kicked a ball in anger this season.

Takes off the goal scorers in a 'take a bow son' approach when the game was won.

That's gonnae be a happy bus back up the road.

I'm not the biggest football expert in the world (in fact, not even in this house!), but a know a wee bit about management... And all of the above says to me the team are in a safe pair of auld wrinkly hands.

Well played Jack n Victor, Well played 'Well.

Now lets get pished!!!

I noticed that as well, he also said we played better against Hearts and lost, Broon is a sly old fox and he knows the game inside out.

Our season is still balancing on a razor blade and could go either way but things seem to be on the up with two good performances and this win.

Now if we can win this cup match...

Just back in after an easy little drive up the road.

Only one word to sum up today. Fantastic. Credit too Brown and Knox.

I am thoroughly delighted with what was a very good all round performance from the lads. From the back to the front and the 3 subs who came on we played like a team again. They looked happy, fit, sharp and were playing a lot of good football without OVER playing it like we did under Gannon. The boys where very direct and positive in their approach will not doing anything too stupid.

A bit rusty in the first half with their passing but when this shook off it was great to watch and our goals were all great footballing goals. Fast direct attacking football and the 2nd in particular was a smashing counter attack.

Really hard to pick out a MOTM today but Keith Lasley was immense, all over the park, putting in tackle after tackle and running himself into the ground.

Special mention to JOB, Coke(best performance in a long time), Lukas and Humphrey when he came off the bench was superb, involved in 2nd and 3rd goals, plus Craggs and Reynolds played very well also against a more than decent forward line.

Absolutely delighted. Bring on the Midden.

Next 3 games are crucial and interesting for Brown and knox. Gannon said our squad couldn't cope with games coming fast at us when we took on St mirren twice in about as many days. So will we fair better with Brown. The use of the older players was ideal today and indeed there may be a suggestion that we didn't have the squad.

Now it is for Brown to get us up and at them on Monday. Forbes and JOB being taken off may well be a view to tuesday. Then the boggy team St Mirren at the weekend and Falkirk following. CAn Brown stake a claim for full time manager and get in a couple of players.

MOn the well and I can't believe my prediction came true.

Best performance as long as I can remember. Said at halftime we would win 3 nil and I was right. Every player was emence. JOB and Coke were out of this world, Ruddy did what he had to do. All the injured players were in with us and what a laugh that was. Oh shauny shauny, shauny shauny shauny Hutchison. He was Lovin it. More songs for him than anyone else. Today made me proud to be a Well fan. :D

Edit- they had us in the main stand, more leg room, my shins are still red raw with jumping about.

Really enjoyed that today. Good support, cracking result and some really good play at times. All players got pass marks, though special mentions for the Reynolds, Craigan, Lasley, Coke & Humphrey when he came on, and of course man of the match Jim O'Brien.

Both O'Brien's goals were excellent team goals, especially the first. Looking forward to the highlights tomorrow!