St Mirren Thread

Andy_P

Good result today. First half was a bore apart from Sutton's spectacular effort. 2nd half was a lot better to watch with Murphy putting in a match winning performance. There was a ten minute period they had after our first goal when they looked like they could score but other than that it was a comfortable win in the end.

O'Brien was poor in the second half giving the ball away far too many times and taking on folk when he would be better passing. Good ball to Lasley for the second goal though.

In Browns post match interview on Radio Scotland he said that we were signing Michael McGlinchey soon. An attacking midfielder that's meant to be an entertainer according to the boss.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vital 3 points against an outfit that have troubled us greatly in the past few years. Albeit, they were rank rotten today.

Hateley always impresses me, Lasley and Coke showed great desire to dictate the midfield and Murphy showed how effective he can be when he is played in his proper position.

Fingers crossed we can get the managerial situation sorted out and start building for the future. By my estimation, only 3 of today's starting XI are under contract beyond the end of the season.

Working this afternoon and had to listen to Clyde as the radio at work canny pick up Radio Scotland on 810 MW.

Interesting point At half time the pundits were saying we are signing Michael McGlinchy during this coming week on loan till the end of the season.

They seemed to think it is more or less a done deal and were slevering about how good a player he was before he went to ? Australia.

Apparently Sir Alex tried to sign him but he opted for the Smelltic.

Great result today and good performances from most of the team. 2 good goals from Murphy and Sutton. Back 4 were solid although I'm still not sure if Hateley is comfortable playing at right back. Lasley put in some shift in midfield and worked well with Coke. Also thought Humphrey and Jennings were good subs and Humphrey is definately coming on to his game now IMO.

Any news on the Duke? Looked a sore one

Nearly forgot Dougie MacDonald - shite and inconsistent as usual

Great result today and good performances from most of the team. 2 good goals from Murphy and Sutton. Back 4 were solid although I'm still not sure if Hateley is comfortable playing at right back. Lasley put in some shift in midfield and worked well with Coke. Also thought Humphrey and Jennings were good subs and Humphrey is definately coming on to his game now IMO.

Any news on the Duke? Looked a sore one

Nearly forgot Dougie MacDonald - shite and inconsistent as usual

10 stitches in a leg gash for the Duke

Been a long time since I saw a team play so much with their elbows! Shocking stuff at times.

Thought Lasley was great again in the middle of the park, seems to thrive on a bit of responsibility. Murphy looked good when he came on...as someone said his confidence is day and night when he's played up front as opposed to out wide. Humphrey also looks like he has a lot to offer, once he gets some game-time under his belt he could be a very promising player.

We looked pretty good today, with Murph providing a bit more of a cutting edge when he came on.

Coke and Las both put in a good shift, and the defence looked pretty solid. I'm not surprised at the state of the pitch, it was always going to cut up with being brand new, and the extreme weather we had this month probably didn't help.

Good to hear the Juke never got his baws stood on, and it was just 12 stitches in his leg. The sympathy pains have receded now.

Lasley and Coke look like a good midfield combination. Taking it in turns to get forward or get wired in. Get Coke signed up now. When in the mood he looks fantastic. And it looks like the management team now have got what it takes to put him back in the mood. And Humphrey will be some player once his decision making improves. And Jamie Murphy was superb when he came on. Didn't allow himself to be intimidated despite the best efforts of the St Mirren defence.

Only slight negative from me is that Ross Forbes is looking like a bit of a passenger in the team at the moment...

Does the injury mean that luk will be out for the rest of his loan period?

Thought we were trying too many forced passes which didn't come off in the first half. Passing the ball improved in the second half. Could see the uplift in confidence once the first goal went in. While it was a poor first half we still bossed the entire game over folk who were nothing more than hackers.

Ref was shocking had two good shouts for a penalty with lasley and sutton both having their shirts pulled. The forearm smash on Murphy was a definate yellow if not red. It happened before either of them jumped so the defender can't say it was in the process of getting the ball.

Glad we got the three points today. team showed good character to keep on top and keep going . In the past we may just have thought we wouldn't get anything after being so dominant. Would like to see forbes in one alongside coke and let humphreys and JOB do there stuff from the start. Then bring on Lasley to shore up the three goal lead. Have to say though that lasley was getting involved in everything today. certainly can't fault him for effort.

Initial thoughts.....great 3 points, I was dreading it before hand and feared and predicted the worst!!! Delighted the players proved me wrong. Everyone played well and St Mirren were absolutely atrocious.

Special mention to Dougie McDonald, who once again was completely inept. Allowed various fore-arm smashes to go unpunished and Mehmet must have had 8 or 9 fouls against him without one word in his ear let alone a booking.

Thought the pitch looked pretty ropey but considering the recent weather should we be surprised?

Great result and for me a deserved three points. The first half was scrappy, which it always seems to be when we play St Mirren! They were very physical and I was hugely disappointed in McDonald not affording us more protection, not to mention dishing out some cards.

Second half was much better and we did play some decent stuff at times. We defended strongly and had a grip in midfield, where Las and Giles were excellent. The loss of The Duke was a blow but Murph and Sutty did well and scored good goals. Aren't they all?!!

Here's hoping we can keep it going and take at least four points in the coming week.

We already are on Open all mics. However, the pundits admitted that it's not an isolated problem - most of the SPL pitches are a mess.

;)

Scotland. Winter fitba' instead of Summer fitba'. Worst winter in 20 years. First year the picth has been laid and will have expected problems as parlayed by the club when it went down several months ago. And they are bitching about the stateof the fucking pitch? Bunch of clueless fucking empty-heided hot-air-spouting windbagged FANNIES. They should stick to doing what they do best - sucking OF cock and drinking David Murray's fucking Kool-Aid. [/stroke-inducing rant]

;)

Scotland. Winter fitba' instead of Summer fitba'. Worst winter in 20 years. First year the picth has been laid and will have expected problems as parlayed by the club when it went down several months ago. And they are bitching about the stateof the fucking pitch? Bunch of clueless fucking empty-heided hot-air-spouting windbagged FANNIES. They should stick to doing what they do best - sucking OF cock and drinking David Murray's fucking Kool-Aid. [/stroke-inducing rant]

You had your coffee yet this morning? :lol:

Delighted with that result and again very happy to have been proved wrong.

We need to be beating the likes of St.Mirren at home and it's great that we've done that with a solid display into the bargain.

It's been a good day all round result wise, with Accies and Kilmarnock both losing so that gives us a bit more of a cushion over the teams below us.

Great three points. Thoroughly deserved. No wonder that South Stand goal mouth was a riot. That was due to the amount of time we were spending in it in the first half. St Mirren hardly came into the game in the first half. It was only when we scored they upped their game but there was still a big difference from the team that played us today to the one that put 6 goals past us in four days a few months ago. We are currently 2 points from 5th place but just as importantly 13 points (5 games worth) away from Falkirk. If Falkirk slip up tomorrow against Dun Utd and then to us on Wednesday then I would confidently state that with the points gap and the number of inconsistent teams below us, those predicting a relegation dogfight will be wrong. For another year at least ;) However when was the last time we won three on the bounce in the league.

One final point which is slightly off topic. Was listening to "Off The Ball" on the way to the game and whilst I tend to agree with a lot of what Sydney says I was very surprised to hear him say that as Motherwell's season was over he would like us to get involved in a relegation dogfight to add excitement......as long as we ultimately dodn't go down. Eh? ;) Must be a wind up :lol: I'd rather not take that chance just to enjoy a bumper crowd at our last home game of the season. To get involved in a relegation dogfight would mean losing games like we won last Saturday, today, and even our upcoming games against Falkirk and Aberden. Who wants that? Not me that's for sure.

put hately in at right back Broony

same team as the killie game please

hump and murphy to come off the bench.

i'd take a scrappy 1-0 win

i wasn't to far off me n broony on the same wavelength.

really pleased with the 3 points.

same team again for falkirk please