St Mirren Thread

Andy_P

True that. It proved by bringing Higdon on that the last thing they were going to need was lush grass to play silky football on yesterday. :rolleyes:

Anyway, first chance I've had to comment on the game. Solid performance, back to front. Forbes seems like a bit of a passenger at times (ask the East stand), but I would easily have him on the fielf for dead balls and especially penalties (like said above a few posts ago), mind you, with Hateley in the team its not all bad with Forbes not being there. Talking of Hateley, is range of passing is unbelievable at times, cracking right peg. Delighted with the result. Bet Murphy has given Broon a headache or two by proving what he can bring to the team.

Full team got passmarks for me. Las my MotM.

Looking forward to Wednesday.

Mon the 'Well.. :whistling:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised St Mirren were not kicking up fuck about Lasley being offside for the second goal. Was a good couple of yards too. Decisions like that are always appreciated though when they go in our favour. :whistling:

After due consideration.......... FUCK THEM! Tough titties Saints!

I don't think he was offside when the ball was kicked. Sure they showed it on ESPN when the ball was actually kicked he was in line - as I think Burley at first thought he was offside - the telling sign being the fact the linesman is not in the picture and he should be in line with the last defender.

Great performance on a very poor surface.

Hammell and Lasley both stand outs, but big Sutton lead the line well.

Jamie Murphy gave them loads of bother down the middle as his close control is excellent so is a welcome replacement for 'The Duke'.

Thought Craigan looked reasonably solid and some of his distribution was good. Always looks vulnerable against someone with pace, but that's why Reynolds is there.

Final point is that Hateley is our first choice right back, we won't get anyone better as we can't afford anyone better.