Televised Matches And Dropping Attendances

Special aka

They would indeed.

However, if it was a choice between travelling to another clubs ground, paying them my ticket money, plus all the extras of buying food and programmes etc, or going to Fir Park and paying them money to buy drink, maybe some food and even an entrance fee, I know what i'd rather do.

I'm not even going to mention the attractive bonus of watching the game in a warm environment with fellow 'Well fans whilst enjoying a pint.

I agree mate.

Surely though the clubs should be getting together to generate income, interest and atmosphere by attracting away fans to their grounds?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a game at FP is on TV with a lunchtime KO I usually miss it unless it's of big importance. Would rather get out my bed...straight to TV with munch and a few tins, watch the game and then do work. Too much hassle taking a large chunk of my day away travelling there and back for a St.Mirren game when it's on TV. Season ticket holder though so no loss of revenue for the club :woop:

Joe the club have fannied about for years with this problem, it's alright spouting demographically selected this and that like in the past, but with no way of proving if this idea or that idea is working then they would be as well throwing the free tickets down the shitter, our attendances have been falling steadily before the recession hit, what was done before that, virtually nothing.

If we want to increase and retain a larger attendance then they need to get serious about it fast, it seems that those in the know can walk the walk, but few seem able to talk the talk.

The debate about dropping prices can work, if we say there are 1000 pay at the gates every week and on average it costs £20 to attend a match, you drop that to £15 and get another 350 through the gates your making money. But to gain any advantage in doing this you need to follow such an initiative with hard data, which is what the club fail to do.

Like I say they need to stop faffing about and take this issue seriously

Moe,

I know from our previous spats that you'll love this response and my shameless name drop, but Leeann Dempster has all the stats and statistics and has ideas on how to grow both the number of season ticket holders and the folk through the gate overall.

The biggest problem that the club would probably admit to was with the previous way they used to gather customer data so your no doubt on the money when you say they didn't properly track the number of customers and the names of them that were hooked in by free tickets.

I got a flavour of how she wants to achieve crowd growth and some of her ideas in my last meeting with her, but I can't post anything on here as it is for her to agree these ideas with the Club Board and convince them of the merits of them.

As mentioned by another poster, if any of her ideas are to be implemented, I doubt you will see anything done this season due to the usual outcry that happens from Season Ticket holders when folk get in for less than them.

Only thing I would openly criticise the club for not doing recently is for promoting to the fans heavily just how good

the value of our season ticket is vs. the other premier clubs. The last time I can remember us really going to town with this type of promotion was the season we finished bottom under Butcher.

Moe,

I know from our previous spats that you'll love this response and my shameless name drop, but Leeann Dempster has all the stats and statistics and has ideas on how to grow both the number of season ticket holders and the folk through the gate overall.

The biggest problem that the club would probably admit to was with the previous way they used to gather customer data so your no doubt on the money when you say they didn't properly track the number of customers and the names of them that were hooked in by free tickets.

I got a flavour of how she wants to achieve crowd growth and some of her ideas in my last meeting with her, but I can't post anything on here as it is for her to agree these ideas with the Club Board and convince them of the merits of them.

As mentioned by another poster, if any of her ideas are to be implemented, I doubt you will see anything done this season due to the usual outcry that happens from Season Ticket holders when folk get in for less than them.

Only thing I would openly criticise the club for not doing recently is for promoting to the fans heavily just how good

the value of our season ticket is vs. the other premier clubs. The last time I can remember us really going to town with this type of promotion was the season we finished bottom under Butcher.

Joe,

If Leeann is finally getting things rolling properly then fair play to her, finally someone at FP knows the value of follow up data,hopefully if her ideas are as good as you hint the board should back and we will see the improvements gradually coming on stream.

Just one thing Joe, we are supporters not freakin customers :D

Joe,

If Leeann is finally getting things rolling properly then fair play to her, finally someone at FP knows the value of follow up data,hopefully if her ideas are as good as you hint the board should back and we will see the improvements gradually coming on stream.

Just one thing Joe, we are supporters not freakin customers :D

In this day and age we are both.

If football clubs looked on their fans as customers, we may not have half the problems we do now.

Football clubs should look upon us as customers and should treat us as customers, there is however no need to use the term customers. What next call the players 'football technique operatives'

Football clubs should look upon us as customers and should treat us as customers, there is however no need to use the term customers. What next call the players 'football technique operatives'

"football technique operatives"? ;)

I've heard players referred to as "employees", which is fair enough, and us, as people who pay money for a product, are indeed customers.

Sure, it's not a phrase that i'd want to see used too much, but the truth is, if any other business offered the same value for money and quality of service as SPL clubs, they would have been flushed down the toilet a long time ago.

I'm not bashing the club, as I believe that Leeanne Dempster has made some noises that suggest things are moving in the right direction, but at the same time, we have every right to complain (in a constructive manner where possible) about how the club is treating the fans.