Falkirk Away - 27th January

Stuarty

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humphrey in for Forbes and Murphy in for Sutton/Jutkiewicz (canny make my mind up). Move O'Brien to left mid and Humphrey to right mid then we should get the better of their full backs.

Hopefully i'll see my first win at the Falkirk Stadium tonight and i'll go for another 2-0 win. Murphy double.

Falkirk are on a good run just now, will be a tough game and the Duke is out, if we win it will be a scrappy dogfight much like the first half on Saturday with the Anti football from the visitors. Falkirk play good football like us. I think we will edge it 1 v 0. Coke to score.

Falkirk are on a good run just now, will be a tough game and the Duke is out, if we win it will be a scrappy dogfight much like the first half on Saturday with the Anti football from the visitors. Falkirk play good football like us. I think we will edge it 1 v 0. Coke to score.

The Juke is in..

Will be a tough one, we've struggled with midweek games thus far but I think we can scrape a win tonight, 2-1, Duke and Craggs

I'd be tempted to give Jutkiewicz a break, just to make sure his leg's healed properly. Keep him on the bench and if we're struggling, bring him on.

With that in mind, I'd go for:

Ruddy

Hateley - Craigan - Reynolds - Hammell

O'Brien - Lasley - Coke - Forbes

Murphy - Sutton

Bring on Humphrey in the 2nd half (possibly for Forbes if struggling to get into the game) for impact.

2-0 Well, Murph and Sutton again.

I don't think we can afford to go with 2 out and out wingers so I'd keep Forbes in the team. He's doing a decent job in there helping us retain the ball.

Conundrum for me is who you leave out from the strikeforce as you can't fit Murphy, Juke and Sutton into the same team.

i'm not sure i agree with that. jim o'brien put in a good shift defensively on saturday and humphrey is good at getting back in due to his pace. plus i think hammell and o'brien work well together and the combination of hateley's passing and humphs speed could be dangerous.

forbes lack of pace hurts us both ways when he's at left mid. he's always likely to get outpaced and he's never going to beat a fullback.

Falkirk: Olejnik, Barr, Twaddle, McNamara, Finnigan, Arfield, Showumni, Lima, Healy, Pele, Compton. Subs: Andrews, Moutinho, O'Brien, Flynn, Stewart, Bullen, Murdoch.

Motherwell: Ruddy, Hammell, Reynolds, Craigan, Coke, Sutton, Lasley, Murphy, O'Brien, Hateley, Forbes. Subs: Fraser, Humphrey, Jennings, Jutkiewicz, Fitzpatrick, McHugh, Saunders.

If Craggs scores a goal (not including own goals) i owe you a steak! There is no chance he'll score.

Mind thinking that before he rattled in two against Hibs a few years back. You never know....

Mind thinking that before he rattled in two against Hibs a few years back. You never know....

I remember that one. Unbelievably John Bryce (programme seller of many years) that day stuck money on Craigan to be first scorer which was a shock in itself it coming up. Half-time he goes collects his money, and sticks something else on him to be last scorer in the 2nd half - which he got up again!!!!!

I knew someone who put a bet on John Philliben to score every week. You could usually depend on Philliben to score 1 or 2 a season but his odds for any particular match would be quite high 20-1 or 25-1.

Not sure if it worked out over a season but at least a couple of weeks per season he'd make a nice wee earner off a small stake.