Falkirk Away - 27th January

Stuarty

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching this on Alba just now. Shocking tackle by Coke, he knew exactly what he was doing.

1st half was woeful, but a few meaty challenges seem to be livening things up. I might just stay awake to the end :doh:

The boy Compost or Compton or whatever was lucky to stay on the park - two clear yellows.

Coke's challenge was marginally robust to put it mildly

giles has been treading a fine line with his tackles all season, he likes to jump in a bit too much and was lucky he wasn't sent off in the dons game and a couple of others as well.

good effort from everyone tonight. as the game was winding down to half time i thought we've had a few decent chances (forbes and craigan) and we'll score in the second half. obviously the red card changed everything and the second half was all about working hard and everyone got their sleeves rolled up and got stuck in. the back 4 were superb, lasley tackled anything that moved and sutton and murphy put in great shifts.

as much as coke deserved his card what were hateley and forbes doing with the free kick :evilgrin:

also thought we had a strong penalty claim when sutton looked to be pushed under the ball from lasley's cross just after half time.

The lack of end product in that game was unbelievable. We played some nice passing moves but the final ball and crossing was very poor. O'Brien being the main culprit. Was pleased that we did so well with ten men. We let them play for the most part but looked lively on the counter, the Jut wasn't at full pace but he held the ball better than Murphy and that was a good change by Brown. Red card was a poor poor tackle and deserved a red card but the frustration was mounting on both sides after a string of baffling decisions from the ref. For one of Scotland's best he had a real poor twenty minutes just before half time. Falkirk were guff but they were at least organised tonight at the back and apart from a few lapses with Craigan at set plays kept us quiet. Well organised performance and three SPL clean sheets in a row which is nine for the season now, more than anyone else. Some good and bad overall. We'll need to up it a notch to get anything at Aberdeen though.

Couldn't make the game tonight but IMO a point and another clean sheet with only 10 men will do for me. Sounds as though Lasley had another good game tonight, glad about that, guy sits near me in East stand and consistently slags him off even when Keith's putting in a good/decent shift.

I'll take a point, but that was one of the worst games I've ever seen. Falkirk are going down.

Agree with all of this. Disappointing tonight as Falkirk are REALLY poor and if was 11 vs 11 for the 90 I think we would have won. Hell, we were the better team in the second half. Suppose though in the circumstances it was a good point. Killie have no worries imo. Falkirk fans designing the strips for next season will be just as well adding the IRN BRU logos on now. From where I was sitting Coke's tackle looked a nippy one. I'll need to see highlights though to decide for sure if it was a red or not. Aberdeen winning was the right result for us but not by 3 goals. Big game (again) on Saturday.

Wasn't at the game tonight but after the sending off would have taken a point, no doubt. Glad that Lasley and Craigan both had good games by the sounds of it, im sure their experience will be invaluable in the run in with our inexperienced team.

As for SAturday against the dons (who had a great result tonight) Jennings in for Coke and give Humphrey a run in the team..has impressed me when he has come on, espeially against Killie a few weeks ago. If Humphrey could improve his final ball, we could be frightening with him and JOB on the wings...atleast until JOB joins hearts at the end of the season! :blush:

Dezz

Id start Jennings in place of Forbes on Saturday.
I'd start Jennings for Coke and Humphrey for Forbes, personally. :blush:

This is where we lose the balance of our midfield methinks. Not a pro-Forbes slant either - his best work seems to be off the ball at the moment and only recognised by looking at the bigger picture. 2 out and out wingers? Not how Craig Brown sets his teams up, we look organised, hard to beat as is his forte. The introduction of Humphrey has been to create impact.

Coke deserved to go for a shocking challenge but to be honest, he was non-existent before that anyway so I didn't think it made a major difference to team. In fact, to be honest, Coke either looked disinterested or just not with it, depends on your point of view. Big Lukas needs a boot up the erse as well since Brown claimed that he was "desparate" to play. He looked nowhere near fit last night and should've owned up to say he wasn't 100%. Still, again, I thought we played fairly well, organised in defence, superbly marshalled by Ruddy, Craggs and Reynolds. Lasley had another good game in central midfield and Murphy worked the line well. I also thought Forbes had a better game last night up until he tired at the 60 min mark as usual. I think with Forbes we have to accept that at times he is going to be a bit of a passenger, however, he more than makes up for that with his delivery, especially from dead balls. Oh aye, and Jennings in for Coke at the weekend.

After watching the highlights, it was a hefty tackle from Coke for sure, but I've seen worse tackles that didn't result in a straight red.

Not being there it's difficult to know how accurately the highlights reflect the true balance of the game, but it certainly looked as if we survived by the skin of our teeth at times, and against the team at the bottom of the league this doesn't inspire too much confidence in me.

I'd agree, I've seen worse not even get a yellow before.

BBC Highlights don't seem to mirror last night's stats....

Possession - Falkirk 53% Motherwell 47%

Shots on Target - Falkirk 5 Motherwell 7

Shots off target - Falkirk 5 Motherwell 2

Fouls - Falkirk 18 Motherwell 11

Corners - Falkirk 5 Motherwell 8

Yellow Cards - Falkirk 4

Red Cards - Motherwell 1

After watching the highlights, it was a hefty tackle from Coke for sure, but I've seen worse tackles that didn't result in a straight red.

Indeed, more often than not tackles like that one result in a yellow card. Only thing I would say is that the Dundee United guy (Swanson) was sent off for something similar at Fir Park. Doesn't make it the right decision all the same. For me, the reaction of the Falkirk players made the referee's mind up for him...

Quite happy to take a point last night after going down to 10 men. Not much action in the first half with Falkirk maybe just edging it with a couple of decent chances.

I thought the sending off was harsh at the time and when seeing it on Alba i still do a yellow would have been the right decision. The ref was a c**t to both teams giving Falkirk harsh decisions against them and seeming to penalise us for nothing constantly in the first half. When you see the one that Ruddy caught on the line it was a close call and could easily of been given considering how far he was behind the line.

Started well in the second half with Murphy looking lively and we should of had a penalty when Sutton was pushed which surely would have been a red card for them. Once the Duke came on our goal threat seemed non-existant as he didn't bother his arse trying for anything. Shouldn't of been on if he was still carrying a knock. The whole back line, Ruddy and Lasley were our best performers last night.