Falkirk Away - 27th January

Stuarty

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, sounded like we were by far the better side, just couldn't get the break of the ball and going down to 10 for a full 45 meant we'd struggle to break them down in the second and still keep it tight at the back.

All in all, I'll take the point from what sounded like a dull, dull game.

I'll take that. Think it was Tweed who said the other day that a point away at any SPL ground is not to be sniffed at. Even more so when you are down to 10 men for more than 45 minutes.

All in all with Brown's appointment confirmed to the end of the season, Ruddy and Lukas also confirmed to the end of the season and an away point and clean sheet, its not been too bad day for the Dossers.

He has been in superb form and clearly earning his fast-developing reputation. Great to have him for the season to be honest.

Wonder how long Mowbray will get now? And what's the odds on McGhee going to Parkhead after all? Quite high I'd say!

fell asleep with about 20 mins in to the game and woke up just after haf time never relised that we where down to 10 men till about 80 mins. 0-0 is not the worst result we could have had but had we won we would have been sitting in 5th

Just got to go up North on Saturday and do enough to leapfrog them.

I understand the thoughts of a point away from home being decent enough, and can't really argue with that, but in fairness Falkirk were fucking woeful. I could seriously and quite honestly have put a team of my mates together that would have taken 3 points off them tonight.

I understand the thoughts of a point away from home being decent enough, and can't really argue with that, but in fairness Falkirk were fucking woeful. I could seriously and quite honestly have put a team of my mates together that would have taken 3 points off them tonight.

What Al said. Just in from the game and Falkirk were gash. Craigan probably could've bagged a hat-trick tonight, certainly had at least 2 free headers and another few half chances from corners. JOB was rotten tonight, kept losing the ball by running into 2 or 3 defenders when an easier pass was on, which immediately put us under pressure because he couldn't be bothered tracking back. Quite how he stayed on the pitch as long as he did I don't know - time for Humphrey to be given a run in the side.

Our crossing is, for the most part, shocking. Really need to work on it more if we're going to take advantage of Sutton and Juke. Also - Juke looked a little off the pace tonight, I would probably have preferred him being rested given how bad a gash he had on Saturday.

Reynolds cruised through the game - if he's off we're really in trouble. His turn of pace saved us on more than one occasion tonight. Craigan had another solid game and like I said, had a fair few chances to score. Lasley played well but tired quite badly towards the end with Coke not being there.

How anyone from the 'Well support could argue Coke's tackle wasn't a sending off is beyond me. He was late, with his foot well off the ground - it was a shocking tackle.

I said at half time I'd take 0-0 and well, I'm pleased with it given the circumstances of having 10 men. Still think it's 2 points dropped rather than 1 gained though.

Poor game and with 11 men I feel we could have won the game. Poor tackle by Coke and that dick of a ref was itching to get the red card out but poor show by Falkirk players trying to get players sent off. Arfield was not badly hurt by the challenge, but on this showing Falkirk could be away and it will be no loss. Ruddy saved the point latr on with a fingertip save.

Shocking from Coke, hopefully he'll learn from that though. Aye, Falkirk were woeful, but we had a striker who clearly wasn't ready to play, and a bigger striker playing at left-mid for a full half.

Good performances from Reynolds, Craigan, Murphy and Hammell and Ruddy put in good shifts too. A point is not a bad result, all things considered.