Falkirk Memories...

decorator

My memory of Falkirk, Brockville stadium. A bit of a dump but a good atmosphere in the shed. Reckon we took close to 4,000 there for 1st game of 91-92 season.

Falkirkoldpanoramic.jpg

And as i recall i was looking resplendent that day in a new jumper bought from "System"

Loads of good memories of Falkirk around that time , we usually took a fine following to Brockville, the Drookit Duck , taking a couple of thousand freeloaders to the replayed abandoned game , ending our scoring drought under McLeish (or did i make that one up ?) , someone setting off fireworks that they got from god knows where at random buildings outside the ground

My favourite memory of Falkirk was last season.

Sang songs about Bob Malcolm and Mark Fitzpatricks lack of ability on a Falkirk bus.

Got in for a concession (didny ask for one either!).

Bought myself a pie, bovril and poke of crisps, gave the boy a tenner at the kiosk and he gave me £14 change.

Went back to the pub and spent hours listing my favourite Ex-Dundee players.

Sang the theme tune to Dream Team all the way home.

Fun times - Bet you wish ye were in ma gang.

getty_gary_glitter_405.jpg

My favourite memory of Falkirk was last season.

Sang songs about Bob Malcolm and Mark Fitzpatricks lack of ability on a Falkirk bus.

Got in for a concession (didny ask for one either!).

Bought myself a pie, bovril and poke of crisps, gave the boy a tenner at the kiosk and he gave me £14 change.

Went back to the pub and spent hours listing my favourite Ex-Dundee players.

Sang the theme tune to Dream Team all the way home.

That was a fucking fine day.

KETSBAIA.jpg

Just checked an old programme and there was less than 5000 at that game, you defo didnt have 4000 there! :D

Ceske - how accurate is the programme? This was the first game after we won the Cup and you were presented with the 1st Division Trophy (both trophies were paraded that day). I agree that I don't think there was quite that figure in the away end (the Police demanded the game be all-ticket and a fair number - well those of a casual nature were locked outside and spent the afternoon being chased round Falkirk Town Centre by the Police), but was certainly around the 3,000 mark. I seem to recall the crowd being around the 7,000 + mark.

Ceske - the book 'Well Again' which is a statistical history of the club, records the attendance as 6,000 - where this info came from I don't know, but I can assure you from my memory, there was definitely more than 5,000.

The crowd at the first game of 1991-92 was definately recorded as 6,000 of which we probably had about 1500. Remember thinking it was a bit low at the time considering it was the first game after we took 30,000 to the cup final.

Don't think we'll take anywhere near that tomorrow though.

Had some good days out at Brockville in the early 80's.

And Joe McGlaughlins og is still fondly remembered :rolleyes:

Midweek game at Brockville,last few minutes, Jamie Dolan curler into the top corner to clinch a 3-1 win. There's a Falkirk memory for you. The only person in the Motherwell end not going mental was my pal who had been about to collect £50 for a 2-1 prediction.

Midweek game at Brockville,last few minutes, Jamie Dolan curler into the top corner to clinch a 3-1 win. There's a Falkirk memory for you. The only person in the Motherwell end not going mental was my pal who had been about to collect £50 for a 2-1 prediction.

Wisnae midweek, that wis a Seterday and ma gloves got on the telly applauding that goal. :rolleyes:

The crowd at the first game of 1991-92 was definately recorded as 6,000 of which we probably had about 1500. Remember thinking it was a bit low at the time considering it was the first game after we took 30,000 to the cup final.

5,543 according to Rothmans

Wisnae midweek, that wis a Seterday and ma gloves got on the telly applauding that goal. <_<

Yep, you're right. I was thinking it was midweek because it was dark when Dolan scored but, to be honest, that's leaves about half the season. The more I think about it must have been a Saturday because I'd been in Behind The Wall before the game. Maybe that's why my memory is a bit hazy.

I've got fond memories of Brockville even if it was a bit of a shithole.

Yep, you're right. I was thinking it was midweek because it was dark when Dolan scored but, to be honest, that's leaves about half the season. The more I think about it must have been a Saturday because I'd been in Behind The Wall before the game.

Think we were in there beforehand tae, guid days out they were. Reason I mind was seeing ma gloves clapping above the crowd after the goal on telly highlights, midweek games didnae usually get highlights shown.