The Duke's Stitches

numpty

Looks like a sair one alright, could've been worse though!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/s...o-my-groin.html

LUKAS JUTKIEWICZ moved to Motherwell and has had a ball - but on Saturday he feared he'd lost one.

Jutkiewicz and Well team-mate John Sutton both went up for a high challenge with St Mirren keeper Paul Gallacher at Fir Park.

But as the three players landed in a heap it was was the hitman, 20, who was left in agony.

Jutkiewicz - on loan from Everton - felt a searing pair shoot between his legs.

And as he looked down he could see BLOOD trickling from under his Well shorts.

Fearing the worst, the young striker began worrying he would be left unable to have kids.

It was only when Jutkiewicz realised he'd sliced open the inside of his thigh that he was able to relax - but not before threatening to STEAL Sutton's children if he wasn't able to have any.

Jutkiewicz said: "It was horrible what happened.

"The ball looped up into the air and I was just waiting for it to come back down.

"I then tripped and was lying on the floor when the St Mirren keeper and Sutty both landed on me at the same time.

"It was so painful. I think there are pictures which were taken which show all the blood coming down my leg.

"Luckily the TV cameras didn't see it. The cut was halfway up the inside of my thigh but I thought it was even worse than that.

"I think one of the lads landed on my leg and the other one landed on my balls.

"When I saw the blood trickling out from my shorts I really thought it was coming from my balls.

"I was so scared.

"I didn't even see the other gash. I just worried about my potential kids.

"I told Sutty afterwards, if I wasn't able to father any children because of him I was going to nick one of his twins off him.

"I'm checked them since, though, and everything is in the right place."

Jutkiewicz was carried off the pitch on a stretcher with the pain unbearable.

But by the time the front man reached the Fir Park home dressing room he wanted to go back ON.

Experienced boss Craig Brown, however, had already made the substitution and replaced him with kid Jamie Murphy - who ended up scoring the first goal in a 2-0 win.

Jutkiewicz added: "It was so frustrating because it was such an innocuous incident.

"I was in the changing room really annoyed I had to be subbed.

"To be honest, it was such a deep gash I had to come off - there really wasn't any alternative.

"But I was desperate to carry on at the time.

"Thankfully the boys did great without me and they managed to get what was a great win."

Jutkiewicz didn't join his Motherwell team-mates in their swimming pool work-out yesterday. But the striker is still hoping to make a return to action against Falkirk tomorrow night.

He added: "I've been limping for the last couple of days.

"I'll just need to see how the wound heals though and maybe I'll be able to play on Wednesday.

"I improved quite a lot after the weekend so hopefully by the time the game comes I'll be okay.

"We'll just need to wait and see, it might just come too soon.

"It's just a shame because things have been going really well for me up here at Motherwell."

Jutkiewicz's loan deal from Everton runs out after this weekend's SPL clash with Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

But the hitman is hoping to get an extension rubber-stamped until the end of the season. He added: "My loan deal is due to finish on Saturday.

"I spoke to the manager the other day, though, and we're hoping something can get sorted out.

"I'm really happy here at Motherwell so it's just a case of the details being sorted out between the two clubs.

"I don't want to change something which has been going well for me.

"I'm playing every week and been fortunate enough to score a few goals."

Stand-in Well boss Brown is desperate to see Jutkiewicz tied up at Fir Park until the end of the season.

Keeper John Ruddy is also due to return to Goodison Park with his loan deal set to expire.

But Brown said: "I will speak to Davie Moyes this week and see what he wants to do.

"But we're hopeful that the pair of them can stay on here. They've both done very well for us.

"I've been delighted with them. Lukas is a got a nasty injury at the weekend but it sums up his attitude he didn't want to come off.

"He was sitting there absolutely gutted he wasn't able to continue.

"I've no doubt he would have went back out there with 12 stitches.

"He has taken a few knocks recently.

"He was battered all over the pitch against Inverness Caley Thistle but he's a really tough guy.

"I think that his attitude speaks volumes for the player himself.

"But the players at the club are like that and we will need all those battling qualities in the weeks to come."

"LUKAS JUTKIEWICZ moved to Motherwell and has had a ball - but on Saturday he feared he'd lost one".

"I think one of the lads landed on my leg and the other one landed on my balls".

Classic Sun journalism.

"I'll just need to see how the wound heals though and maybe I'll be able to play on Wednesday".

I would be very surprised if he was in the squad.

Jutkiewicz's loan deal from Everton runs out after this weekend's SPL clash with Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

That is not good news at all. Fingers crossed Moyes lets us keep him, and Ruddy, till May.

The boys attitude is spot on by way. Agianst Inverness he played on one leg and he was in the paper saying the day that he didn't want to come off and would have went back on after getting the stitches. If there were more players with his attitude then football would be in a better place. Can you imagine Callum Elliot doing the same?

It's all the more welcome as having a questionable attitude was one of the things he was accused of in the past when he was at Huddersfield if I remember rightly.

When he joined I seem to mind some stuff about a fall out with the manager, chucking his strip away after being subbed and generally being disliked by their fans.

I hope the fact that he feels wanted at Fir Park will stand us in good stead if Everton are prepared to let him go, be it on loan again or for good.

It's all the more welcome as having a questionable attitude was one of the things he was accused of in the past when he was at Huddersfield if I remember rightly.

When he joined I seem to mind some stuff about a fall out with the manager, chucking his strip away after being subbed and generally being disliked by their fans.

I hope the fact that he feels wanted at Fir Park will stand us in good stead if Everton are prepared to let him go, be it on loan again or for good.

Great player but we have no chance of getting him on any kind of permanent deal. I would imagine he is on a very good wage at Everton. One we couldn't hope to match. The fact he has been playing well and scored a good number of goals would no doubt have alerted Championship cvlubs to him and his possible availability. Again, a market we won't be able to compete with. Best we can hope for is keeping him till May.