Prisoners Axed From Fir Park...

numpty

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/n...herwell-FC.html

TWO murderers have been axed from a prison work placement at Motherwell FC - after staff discovered dozens of booze bottles stashed in the roof.

Killers Gary McGowan and Robert Jack had been carrying out odd jobs at Fir Park when the secret haul - smuggled out of a stock room - was uncovered.

The evil pair, held at Shotts nick in Lanarkshire, were part of a four-man team working at the club's ground in preparation for release.

The other two have been kept on, despite last week's find. A source revealed: "These guys seem to have got their hands on booze from a stock room.

"When this was discovered, the club and the prison held talks and a decision was made to withdraw them both."

Brutal McGowan, 23, is serving at least ten years for stabbing an OAP to death while high on drink and drugs and Jack knifed a teenage driver in 2002 when he was just 16.

A Shotts insider added: "These two have been approved for work placements because they've been good boys - and now they've let everyone down.

"The strange thing is that, of the four who were out at Fir Park, they're the two WITHOUT drink problems."

It's thought this is the second booze scandal to hit convict workers at the club. Around two years ago a ceiling collapsed - revealing another drink stash. Motherwell bosses brought in jail workers in a bid to cut costs at Fir Park. On weekdays, a minibus drops them off at the ground then picks them up at around 4pm.

The other two prisoners on the placement are also killers. Martin Reilly was caged for murdering a man in Glasgow in 1999. William Watson is serving time for culpable homicide.

Last night a Motherwell spokesman said: "Two people on a day release placement were withdrawn from the scheme following an incident."

A Scottish Prison Service spokeswoman refused to comment on individual prisoners.

I don't remember hearing anything about a ceiling collapsing because they were stashing booze above it. Fair play to them if it's true. Everything should be locked away when there's known criminals wandering about. Can't blame anyone else, I'm afraid.

You can't have the entire stadium in lock down you have to put some trust in these prisoners. These guys were given a chance to prove they were reformed and they fucked it up. Back to prison, enjoy the food and sodomy.

Give another couple of guys a chance in their place but only if there is a realistic chance they will play it straight - we're not here to give scumbags a day out.

I don't remember hearing anything about a ceiling collapsing because they were stashing booze above it. Fair play to them if it's true. Everything should be locked away when there's known criminals wandering about. Can't blame anyone else, I'm afraid.
So we should have locked everything away when Paul Quinn and Bob Malcolm were about Fir Park every day? Or are we just talking about these particular known criminals?

That's just a ridiculous post, weeyin, so I'll give it what it deserves....

Luxurious_Rubber_dinghy_Inflatable_ship_Drift_ship.jpg

Ya Bezzer, I take your point, but a room full of booze when there's criminals who haven't tasted the stuff for years and have no way of buying it surely is one of the things you would have locked? You wouldn't leave the contents of the till lying about, and to me this isn't any different. It's still money walking out the door. Something that happens to often at Fir Park.

Non fucking story - I wish that shower would let it go. How many companies are part of this / these programme(s) and they continually focus on us.

Fuck off The Sun!

but end of the day the so called "Family Football Club" Motherwell FC allows people like this to come to the club, these other companies dont call themselves family clubs/businesses.. i could go on and have a right go at these guys and motherwell football club but i would only give folk on here more to talk about and am sure The Sun would pay better money for an interview :cheers:

but end of the day the so called "Family Football Club" Motherwell FC allows people like this to come to the club, these other companies dont call themselves family clubs/businesses.. i could go on and have a right go at these guys and motherwell football club but i would only give folk on here more to talk about and am sure The Sun would pay better money for an interview :doh:

Totally belew my point straight out of the water mate. I bow to your gargantuan intellectual prowess!

• 1 year later...

And back in the Record today

Record Story

Thug who strangled woman allowed out of jail to do odd jobs at Motherwell FC Jun 17 2011 Exclusive by David Taylor

A MUSCLEBOUND murderer caged for life for strangling a defenceless woman is being let out of jail to work at an SPL football ground.

Brutal Brian Donnelly has been given a daily work placement at Motherwell's Fir Park ground.

He does odd jobs at the stadium with other prisoners from nearby Shotts jail before being returned to prison after his shift.

Relatives of Donnelly's victim, vice girl Margo Lafferty, will be horrified that he is back on the streets.

Donnelly has been seen laughing and joking outside Fir Park with other cons as he waits for his lift back to his cell.

But the cowardly killer is terrified someone will recognise him and take revenge for his crime.

A source said: "Margo had a huge family, all brothers, so Donnelly is afraid of being attacked by someone who knew her.

"The other lags nip along the road to a bakers at lunchtime but Donnelly stays inside in case someone spots him.

"He's been working out and he's a big lad, but he's terrified."

Donnelly, of Old Drumchapel, Glasgow, was 19 when he killed Margo in 1998.

He picked her up after being rejected by two workmates on a drunken night out for his birthday in the city centre.

Donnelly had sex with his victim then savagely attacked her in a disused builder's yard, banging her head off a wall before throttling her and dragging her body along the ground.

The thug has been convicted twice. He won a retrial after the judge at the first hearing misdirected the jury but was found guilty again in 2001.

He's now on the "Training For Freedom" programme, which prepares lifers for release. The Fir Park placement is part of the scheme.

Donnelly lives under low supervision in the "top end" wing at Shotts, Kerr House, and could soon be moved to a cushy open prison.

Guys commit a crime, get a sentence, serve the sentence and attempt to integrate back into the community.

None of us can do anything about the length of his sentence or the discount on the tarrif or anything like that - even though we all have a view on it.

Question is do we want these people to be involved in a programme that helps re-integrate them into the community in an attempt to have them learn the error of their ways or should we keep them as lepers on the fringes - increasing their likelihood of re-offending.

Again we can all have views on the effectiveness of these programmes and the buy in that the offenders give.

It just depend on whether you believe in continuing to punish an offender for the rest of their life or offering them the opportunity to make a fresh start in the community.

What's the alternative to re-integration programmes? The guys are coming to the end of their time and there's not a thing anyone can do about that.

Is it not just the way it works all over the land?

• Like 1

I see nothing at all wrong with that story. As Steve says we have no control over the length of their sentence so we might as well try and rehabilitate these people rather than leave them to rot in jail and end up back in as soon as they are out.

They will eventually, if the dwindling circulation is anything to go by.

Every year they trot out the same story about Motherwell allowing cons to work at FP, rightly or wrongly its an initiative used to re-acclimatise offendors into the real world before their official release, Motherwell happen to be part of the initiative.

If whatever we have done or haven't done annoys the Daily Record and/or Radio Clyde then it has my wholehearted backing! :thumbup:

In all seriousness though this is one of those awkward ones where I might imagine that the majority would have no gripe with a rehabilitation programme that will hopefully conclude with the individual concerned coming out of prison a better person for it and all being well unlikely to re-commit.

You might likely expect that someone or the family and friends associated with a victim of one of the prisoners on the rehab programme will have a different view entirely.

I couldn't say either view is right or wrong.

Would I would say though is that when someone like the Daily Record, or The Sun before them passes comment then it almost certainly done with the sole intention of stirring it and should be viewed as such rather than any attempt at upholding moral values as they might try to suggest.

As a club trying to brand itself as a Community Club its only right we participate in schemes such as this, In all prison sentences there is a punitive an a rehabilitation element who knows we may even find ourselves a new head groundsman :whistling:

FCUK the Daily Retard and The Currant Bun the OF of scottish media. (I was going to say journalism but............)

I can only assume we'll be getting Craig Thomson on loan then?

:evilgrin: no chance, no sing-sing for him all he got was "the register" for 2 years and a £4k fine he's paying back on tic.

Thing is he actually knew they were weans, they weren't pretending to be older.

If Jeffries thought he was a 50-50 player then he would have been punted, because he's got promise and ability he gets to stay ..... everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others.