Well Vs Hibs, Saturday 20th Feb

samson1886

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll get humped on Saturday as Hibs will not play anywhere near as poorly as they did tonight and they will be absolutely desperate to bounce back and they will.

My prediction?

Motherwell 0 Hibernian 4

Well so much for that then. :lol:

Another fantastic result and a thoroughly deserved three points in a match that we dominated. It wasn't pretty, far from it and we lacked a bit of guile and creativity but we were the only ones who looked like winning today against a very poor Hibs side who didn't show anything to justify the hype that they get.

I thought Murphy took his goal very well and put in a good shift with Sutton up front, and with a bit more luck we could have won that far more comfortably and overall we looked solid as a unit and didn't look like conceding at any point during the game.

Well done Craig, Archie and the lads, they've done a fantastic job since the turn of the year and we now look a much more assured, settled and formidable team.

Keep up the good work! :cheers:

4 points behind Dundee United, and 5 points behind Hibs. Just as important though we're 9 points a head of Aberdeen in 7th.

Aye...and would have been all the sweeter if we had the 2 extra points from the rangers game too.....bastardin' linesman! :lol: (i get the feeling we will still be talking about that 20 years from now)

Well so much for that then. :lol:

Another fantastic result and a thoroughly deserved three points in a match that we dominated. It wasn't pretty, far from it and we lacked a bit of guile and creativity but we were the only ones who looked like winning today against a very poor Hibs side who didn't show anything to justify the hype that they get.

I thought Murphy took his goal very well and put in a good shift with Sutton up front, and with a bit more luck we could have won that far more comfortably and overall we looked solid as a unit and didn't look like conceding at any point during the game.

Well done Craig, Archie and the lads, they've done a fantastic job since the turn of the year and we now look a much more assured, settled and formidable team.

Keep up the good work! :cheers:

I agree with the MJC fella :O

Just to add that Sutton & Jennings were Fantastic with Murphy challenging with them for MOTM

Really happy with the result today.

Really solid performance and again never looked like conceding a goal. Still trying to play football on the midden which is a bonus. Ref had a poor game again today letting Hibs away with murder apart from the Miller sending off which has got to rank as one of the worst tackles I have ever seen at Fir Park.

Excellantly worked winning goal, great finish from Murphy who I thought was 1 of our best players today. Big Sutts was smashing aswell.

How much of a Horrible cheating little c**t is Zemmama, fucking hate him with a passion.

Aye...and would have been all the sweeter if we had the 2 extra points from the rangers game too.....bastardin' linesman! :lol: (i get the feeling we will still be talking about that 20 years from now)
I expect a new thread about how poor the ref was today - particularly in not showing O'Brien a red card. Terrible decision that may have earned us 2 extra points. I doubt we will be talking about that 20 years from now.

Aye...and would have been all the sweeter if we had the 2 extra points from the rangers game too.....bastardin' linesman! :cheers: (i get the feeling we will still be talking about that 20 years from now)

Todays officials ( well two of them) might just have been worse than even the previously incompetent fools we have been subjected to

got so many simple things incorrect, blatently didn't see many things and just guessed and got some of the major shouts wrong :lol:

I expect a new thread about how poor the ref was today - particularly in not showing O'Brien a red card. Terrible decision that may have earned us 2 extra points. I doubt we will be talking about that 20 years from now.

Why was Jim due a red card. He did get up and square up to Miller for what could have been a leg breaking tackle bit he shouldnt have been sent ouff.

Why was Jim due a red card. He did get up and square up to Miller for what could have been a leg breaking tackle bit he shouldnt have been sent ouff.
Because retaliation is generally regarded as a red card offence. That's why every manager/coach tells his players that when someone does that to you, you stay on the ground.

Pretty turgid stuff today. Football seemed to be in slow motion and that was down to the pitch. Cut up really badly in front of the Main Stand almost instantly and the ball bobbled all over the place anytime it was in this area. Players were taking two and three touches to get it under control. It all appears to be working in our favour at the moment as we are adapting to it quicker than the opposition.

Quite surprised given where Hibs are in the league and some of the players they have that their support was so few. One of the flatest atmospheres at Fir Park I have seen in a long time and it was so quiet the Hibs fans were trying to provoke the home supoort by singing somgs about us :lol: Seemed like there wasn't as much in the East Stand noisy corner as usual.

However, all that aside it was an excellent three points for us. Hibs were never in it and they look like a team tha has lost a lot of confidence. Another clean sheet and with Aberdeen and Dun Utd all losing it was a pretty good day all and all. Hopefully Accies can get a win tomorrow as well.

It's Weeyin. He has to be right, you know from witnessing the game from the Good ol' US of A.... :lol:

As for me, I'll admit I have not seen the incident but will do in a few hours...

Great result today, even if I missed the goal. Was freezin all game and decided to leave before I turned to ice. Got to the gate and heard a massive cheer as Well scored :lol: . First and last time I ever go to a game without a jaiket in February. That apart, good performances from the whole defence, Jennings, Sutton and Murphy.

I must admit, being at the game, I (and the people sat around me in the Main Stand) were all surprised O'Brien only got a yellow due to the aggression he showed and pushing Miller after the tackle.

It's Weeyin. He has to be right, you know from witnessing the game from the Good ol' US of A.... :lol:

As for me, I'll admit I have not seen the incident but will do in a few hours...

I have had a first hand report already from a 'Well fan at the game. Sorry to burst your wee bubble and make you look even more stupid, but that's the risk you take with uninformed posting.

Credit to the players today as we still managed to put together some decent passing moves on that atrocity of a pitch. The front two worked extremely hard and the goal was well worked. There wasn't much coming off for Murphy in the first half so well done to him for sticking at it.

We lacked creativity today and I think that might have something to do with Lasley/Jennings/Coke all playing, we were much more dangerous once Humprey came on and I would really consider giving him a start next week. Either that or shuffle it about to accomodate Forbes.

Main nag would be that the linesman at the East stand side was fucking woeful.

It's great to be back in the hunt for Europe, after the cup defeat I though the season would pretty much play out with no excitement. Well done Brown.

Because retaliation is generally regarded as a red card offence. That's why every manager/coach tells his players that when someone does that to you, you stay on the ground.

Was a long way away from me across many a 'Well fans head but looked to me like Jim was going to retaliate but got flattened as someone tried to stop him getting to Millar

So until seeing it again, I'm of the opinion Yellow was correct as he never got the chance to plant one on Millar, but certainly was very angry and lunged towards him.

I have had a first hand report already from a 'Well fan at the game. Sorry to burst your wee bubble and make you look even more stupid, but that's the risk you take with uninformed posting.

Fair enough, and whilst I agree O'Brien was lucky I personally wouldn't form such a strong opinion of my own without having actually seen it myself.

And various people who also witnessed it can't agree if it was a yellow or a red was the correct decision. How about you wait and see the incident before commenting on it, or using to get one up on a fellow 'Well fan, you know like most people that are not at the game would....

Not hard thing to do... is it?

Was a long way away from me across many a 'Well fans head but looked to me like Jim was going to retaliate but got flattened as someone tried to stop him getting to Millar

So until seeing it again, I'm of the opinion Yellow was correct as he never got the chance to plant one on Millar, but certainly was very angry and lunged towards him.

Happened about 10 yards from me and I had a great veiw and if JOB had been sent off for that then I would have been raging, he couldnt fight sleep. That decision and the red card where the only two the ref got right all day.