'well Vs. Killie 27th Feb

muir on tour

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to see Humphrey coming on but I wouldn't start him yet, he's a good card to have up our sleeve.

Don't think Murphy should be dropped, it's a tough call for Brown.

I would be tempted to make a change in midfield though by resting Lasley and putting Coke in the middle, Forbes on the left. Although I doubt Brown will make any changes in the centre of midfield until we lose a game.

1-1 Sutton, Bryson.

Agree with the team MFC suggested.

This is the game to get Humphrey on from the start. Have Lasley & Jennings as the holding players, and have Humph & JO'B running at them on the wings. Harsh on Jamie Murphy, but the Juke should be in if he's fit.

Although Killie have picked up under the two Jimmy's, this is the type of game we should be winning if we're serious about being a Top 6 side.

Prediction - a couple of early goals on the way to a 3-0 win. Goals from Sutton, Jennings & Jutkiewicz.

Wouldve loved to see killie go down but another three points will do for me.

Would definately start with Humphrey in place of coke with the duke and sutty up front, aim as many balls into the box as pos!

Fancy us having Sutton back at set pieces to mark Kyle!

Comfortable win for the well!

2-1 to Killie, no doubt with a last minute winner.

We've all seen that film before, it has a horrible and unjust ending!

I do expect this to be much tougher than the previous encounters against them, and given their recent results perhaps our sternest test as they will fancy our pitch more than maybe we will.

I would consider bringing Saunders in at right back to add height and strength at the back, with Hateley moving into midfield. If the Duke is fit I'd bring him back in beside Sutty, allowing Jimo to play in a free role behind the front two.

Any win will be great here, and who apart from MJC would predict against it?!! Mind you, they have been lucky so-and-sos against us over the years, so wouldn't it just be typical.....

Naah, 2-0 Well!

Why all the doom & gloom? 4-0 to the Well coz we r due to hump someone & killie r pish enough to be that someone. Couple of early goals & they'll crumble. 2 goals from the boys at the back from set pieces to get us on our way.

Either that or it will be a 0-0 yawn-a-rama :doh:

But when all is said & done if you can't beat kille at home then you're not good enough to finish 3rd or even 4th so top six would be best we could hope for.

I would maybe bring in Forbes for Coke. Not a fan of Forbes but Coke has been poor in the last month and Ross's form against Killie this season has been decent.

It will be a tough game on Saturday as Killie will want revenge for our two wins this season over them but i reckon we can win this one 1-0. O'Brien to score.

Brown has something of a selection dilemma this weekend assuming Jutkiewicz is fit albeit in a good way.

Murphy or Sutton would have every right to feel hard done by if either one of them gets dropped to the bench for Lukas, who by the same token would every right to feel that with his record and performances of late he should be restored to the starting eleven straight when fit.

Significant that when Lukas went off against St Mirren and Jamie scored he started the next one against Falkirk and Lukas was on the bench to start? Suppose we'll find out on Saturday.

That poser apart I don't imagine there will be too many changes from Saturday.

Always concerns me when fellow Dossers appear to be getting a bit over-confident. Think we can beat Killie but it isn't going to be the stroll that some think. Their recent results have improved quite a bit and I expect they'll be after a bit of revenge after recent (squirrel)humpings by us.

Narrow win for the Steelmen.

looking at the weather I can see this game being called off, but if it does go ahead it won't be a walk over

I can see Killie making life hard for us but if we weather the storm we'll score at least twice

2-0 Well (Duke and Murphy)

keep watching the skys!

looking at the weather I can see this game being called off, but if it does go ahead it won't be a walk over

I can see Killie making life hard for us but if we weather the storm we'll score at least twice

2-0 Well (Duke and Murphy)

keep watching the skys!

Heard on the radio last night that this weather might actually help our pitch as it is so dry. Time will tell. As for folk saying we will win 3 or 4-0......just won't happen. Not a chance. Killie are a better team now than they were when we beat them about 6 weeks ago. Calderwood has made them a harder team to beat. After looking like certs for the drop at the New Year they are now 3 wins away from virtually a guaranteed position of safety. Not bad going if you ask me.

looking at the weather I can see this game being called off,

Given the 'reprieve' that were given yesterday regarding the pitch and how it will be monitored game by game, what would a postponement do for us as far as SPL sanctions go given that it was a difficult decision for the SPL to allow the game to go ahead in the first place?