'well Vs. Killie 27th Feb

muir on tour

Another solid and thoroughly deserved win for us today and could and probably should have been a lot more convincing. Murphy should have scored the two chances he missed when clean through but otherwise turned in another good display up front, capped with yet another winning goal.

And Steve Jennings really is class in a glass isn't he? So calm, such a cool customer and does the simple things so simply. He breaks up attacks, picks the right passes and really makes the midfield tick. And to think I had written him off at the start of the season as an overweight flop.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good three points today. Delighted with the result and can't believe the run we have been on in the league since that defeat away to Hearts. I'm not counting Aberdeen out of a top 6 finish just yet. Big game next Saturday against a team we haven't had the best of results against whenever we have met them in recent years. Really looking forward to it.

On a final note from today I thought Connor Sammon had one of the worst performances from an opposing player I have seen at FP in quite a while. Pro footballer? Pffft.

For such a small guy Jamie Murphy certainly held his own, and could've ended up with 4 goals on another day.

He sure did, but as I was saying to my brother at the game, I think he could do with bulking up a bit.

Thought we controlled the game easily today, but didn't take our chances; a bit like last week.

Can any of the statto's out there tell me if we have ever had such a good run and conceded so few goals in so many games? It must be the best start that any manager at Motherwell has ever had.

That win takes us 12 clear of Aberdeen with 6 left to play before the split, so for me a Top Six place is virtually secure. It wasn't a pretty game, but then again Killie weren't interested in that.

We should've scored more goals, and wee Jamie in particular will be wondering how he didn't net more than once. That said its another 3 points and another clean sheet, so no complaints at all. Mind you we really need to kill teams off, otherwise clinging to a 1-0 lead will lead to our downfall one day.

Hopefully Lukas won't be too bad, and fingers crossed Jimo will return soon too.

Great 3 points today. Good performance all round although Killie were poor up front. Kyle is a big lump of wood and Sammon was pish. Their only player that looked as if he might have caused us a few problems was Taouil when he came on. However Hateley had him well covered.

Thought Murphy was unlucky not to score at least one more but the the one he scored was all due to a brilliant ball in from Hateley.

Next Saturday is a massive game for us and I hope we take a good travelling support up to Perth.

Mon the 'Well!!!!!

One more thing - shout of the day, "Clancy....yer books are pish!!!" Magic

First time in years, maybe ever, that I've felt secure when we take a 1-0 lead that we'll close it out. Testament to Jack 'n' Victors organisation and coaching. Also thought we looked a better side with the Hump out wide, although Sutton offset that being payed at left mid, tried his best and put in the hard yards, but not his best position. Would've liked to have seen Forbes or McGlinchey on instead of Coke wide left when the Juke went off. Our defence and central mid duo are now possibly the most effective unit I've seen in many a year. We are turning into the new George Graham-stylee Arsenal of the SPL, with 1-0's and tight defence, whooda thunk it....? :D (Nae complaints from me mind)

Great result today, adding to an amazing run. Think St Johnstone are due a pumping next week, especially if the Juke is back. only 4 points between us and united, I dont think theres any doubting we're in the chase for those European spots and with a game at tanadice at the end of the month its looking very interesting. What a difference that disallowed goal against Rangers would have made! But, mustn't complain, its a great time to be a 'Well fan :lol:

Pleased with another 3 points and managing to continue the run :D Another good preformance from Murphy, put himeself about well again this week, and got himself another goal.

Hope Jutkiewicz is back to 100% soon, although we have shown we can win without him. I just found it strange we played him when a) he isnt our player and b) he wasnt 100% in the first place.

All in all though, pleased with the result and happy to get another 3 points on the board :D

Also, im assuming it was on purpose, but I found it quite amusing when the sprinklers came on at half time and got the Killie subs :(

Another solid and thoroughly deserved win for us today and could and probably should have been a lot more convincing. Murphy should have scored the two chances he missed when clean through but otherwise turned in another good display up front, capped with yet another winning goal.

And Steve Jennings really is class in a glass isn't he? So calm, such a cool customer and does the simple things so simply. He breaks up attacks, picks the right passes and really makes the midfield tick. And to think I had written him off at the start of the season as an overweight flop.

You write off Motherwell every week!!!