Hearts Home Saturday, 13 March 2010

well-army

wow

what a treat that was!

I don't get to a lot of games - but it's my birthday today and my mate took me to FP for a wee surprise.

We were absolutely brilliant today! A joy to watch. Every player on the park put in a great shift and the hunger was plain for all to see from the off.

Hearts have been described a lot recently as a team who are "very difficult to play against". Well, they hardly seemed to have the ball today and while some may say hearts were poor, toothless even today - they were poor because we were in full control of the match from start to finish [their goal aside - classic case of switching off after we scored].

The early goals made for a decent atmosphere today too - despite an attendance of 4448. The few Hearts fans didn't break into song once - but it was a great day to be a well fan!

Thanks for the birthday win Well!

:woop:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does show you how far we've come since Boxing Day when you are gutted at losing a goal. Still, absolutely satisfying win today and the battling the players did today shows how much they want 3rd. Aye, they have games in hand, but this is going to go right down to the wire. And we have the momentum both our rivals don't.

I wouldn't rule out Saint Johnstone getting sixth. Would be interesting having both FHW (and no apologies for using that after their antics today) and Aberdeen both in the bottom six come the split.

What about dirty jambo bastards? just as effective, without being gay sounding :rolleyes:

Anyways, great result today, probably the fastest goal i've ever witnessed at FP. Jim O'Brien's goal was a peach.

Could easily have been 3 or 4 by half time. Over the moon with that result.

On a downside though, the crowd 4,448? Absolute rank for a hearts game. They had a shite support, and our support has been pretty pish this year, even though we're doing really well? Mind you, I can understand folk not wanting to pay to go and watch a game on a beach, hopefully the pitch will improve over the next month or so.

£22 to get in and watch Motherwell play a bog standard SPL match is daylight robbery.

What about dirty jambo bastards? just as effective, without being gay sounding :rolleyes:

Anyways, great result today, probably the fastest goal i've ever witnessed at FP. Jim O'Brien's goal was a peach.

Could easily have been 3 or 4 by half time. Over the moon with that result.

On a downside though, the crowd 4,448? Absolute rank for a hearts game. They had a shite support, and our support has been pretty pish this year, even though we're doing really well? Mind you, I can understand folk not wanting to pay to go and watch a game on a beach, hopefully the pitch will improve over the next month or so.

£22 to get in and watch Motherwell play a bog standard SPL match is daylight robbery.

Much better and more effective and certainly better than 'FHW' which frankly sounds like something an eleven year old who's just heard the words 'Fuuck and 'Waanker' for the first time would come up with. :P

A crowd of 4,448 is disappointing, especially given the run we are on and also that a game vs Hearts at Fir Park ten years or so ago would have had at least 7,000 with a much bigger away support. It's a sign of the times though.

Numberwise apart, I thought the Hearts support were dreadful today and never made a sound all game. They used to be one of the nosiest away supports at FP but today was the quietest I'd ever heard them and there wasn't even the usual sporadic chorus of 'Hullo Hullo' that we usually get from them.

EASY-EASY-EASY-EASY

Donald Ford -Jim Jeffries - Jim Cruickshank - Alan Preston - Walter Kidd - Henry Smith - John Robertson - Gary Mackay - Sir Walter Scott - The Diggers - Edinburgh Castle - Mad Vlad - Rab Prentice - Willie Gibson - Haymarket Station - Arthur's Seat - Holyrood Palace - Alex Salmond - Wayne Foster - Craig Levein - Lord Faulkes and Jamboscum everywhere .............. you're team are taking one hell of a beating :rolleyes:

That was probably the funniest thing Ive ever read on this forum :P:lol::lol:

Numberwise apart, I thought the Hearts support were dreadful today and never made a sound all game. They used to be one of the nosiest away supports at FP but today was the quietest I'd ever heard them and there wasn't even the usual sporadic chorus of 'Hullo Hullo' that we usually get from them.

True - but they were losing for the whole game!

My thoughts were we were magnificent today. Especially in the first twnety minutes when we could have been 4 or 5 nil up. Hearts edged into the game a wee bit more after than but we were still the dominant force.

Second half we remained the better team and thoroughly deserved the third goal which was a great hit ad he remained unmarked for about a minute in the build up. Disappointing to lose a goal which was well worked.

Hearts made the next wee while nervous because 3-2 would have been squeaky bum time but even so we rode that and again came back to the front foot. On another day it could have been another 6-1 but three points is the main thing and we got that pretty easily.

Steven Jennings - already a legend.

A crowd of 4,448 is disappointing, especially given the run we are on and also that a game vs Hearts at Fir Park ten years or so ago would have had at least 7,000 with a much bigger away support. It's a sign of the times though.

Got to say i was disappointed with the attendance today, was expecting a lot better from our support and especially the hearts support. As you say they have been known to take a great travelling support and create a great atmosphere, that was lacking today. To be fair tho, i think that was all down to us, we didnt let the team settle at all during the game therefore frustrated the hearts fans and gave them nothing to cheer about, even their consolation goal done very little to lighten the mood in the south stand.

For motherwell though i thought we were fantastic, the hunger and desire that has been installed in this team is fantastic. We fight for every ball and chase everything now. Thats 1 big game out the way, now in a fortnight has to be the most important game of the season to date. Surely we can take a great support and get right behind the boys up there.

Hmm looking closer at it we are 18 clear of aberdeen and aberdeen have 18points left to play for... We are 17 clear of st johnstone and they have 21 left to play for.

What am i worrying about anyway they are all miles off the pace... hearts an all... mon the well!!

Pretty sure St Johnstone have still to play Celtic and Rangers as well and there is no way they are taking maximum points from that. 1 point I could see but no more. A top six finish is all but confirmed.

Jovial Jeffries has got his current mob playing exactly like every team he's ever managed. Bunch of dirty cloggers. How they escaped with just three bookings is mystifying, as was Jennings booking when so much else was being let away.

On a side note, couldn't believe that Kilmarnock have scored just three times away from home in 14 games. Road trips with them must be a joy..........

Nah, just the three - Jonsson, Kucharski and Santana.

Noticed this, well deserved guys!

Craig Brown gives his Motherwell players the week off

Motherwell manager Craig Brown drives his side forward

Delighted Motherwell manager Craig Brown gave his players the week off after they extended their unbeaten league run to 12 games.

"We're off for a fortnight now and I've given the players a week off, which I think they deserve," he said.

"I think any neutral would agree that, particularly in the first half-hour of the game, we were really on top form.

"We've learned how to defend a lead and we have learned how to be very strong mentally."

Motherwell forged 3-0 ahead before Hearts pulled a goal back, but Brown admitted he was still concerned their opponents may mount a comeback.

However, he knows the Fir Park players have a new-found mentality.

Brown said: "We deserved to be

2-0 up and might have been further ahead before the game flattened a bit, because naturally Hearts are going to come at you when they're behind.

"We got a third goal and I thought it was dead and buried, but Hearts have got resilience so when they made it 3-1 the game was still alive.

"But that's the big difference from the Motherwell before - the players don't at any time consider they can't win the game."

Motherwell

* 21 Ruddy

* 03 Hammell

* 04 Reynolds

* 05 Craigan

* 08 Jennings yellow card (Forbes 88)

* 14 Lasley

* 24 Hateley

* 09 Jutkiewicz (Coke 87)

* 11 Sutton

* 15 Murphy

* 17 O'Brien (McGlinchey 90)

Hearts

* 01 Balogh

* 02 Kucharski yellow card

* 03 Wallace

* 05 Jose Goncalves

* 13 Obua

* 20 Thomson

* 04 Jonsson yellow card

* 10 Kingston

* 16 Stevenson (Templeton 51)

* 39 Mulrooney (Suso Santana 51 yellow card)

* 22 Elliot (Glen 46)

BBC stats shows 3 Hearts players booked and 1 'Well player

Got to say i was disappointed with the attendance today, was expecting a lot better from our support and especially the hearts support.

My mate and I say the same thing each week. Big game today - hope there is a decent turn out, yet we both then go on to say that we will get up to the main stand, look out and see all these empty seats - and yet again we were not disappointed............

Football is expensive and the recession has not helped matters, the away support has fallen away altogether especially Hearts and Aberdeen. Yet we have just gone 12 GAMES unbeaten and are challenging for a place in Europe. Jesus C - what would our crowds be if we had not won in 12 games. I should not get depressed, but I do - this team has a great support, but DESERVES a much larger support!

Aboslutely fantastic start, never let Hearts into the game at all. Brilliant result overall, just disappointed to lose the goal in the fashion we did. Shows how far we've come though when we're disappointed to concede just one goal :thumbup:

Oh, I've got one rating to give out for a certain Mr Elliot. 10/10...for having absolutely no footballing ability whatsoever :cheers: terrible excuse for a football player :cheers:

Amazing result today. I really felt this was one we might lose, but after one minute I was asking myself how many would we score. Hearts were woeful.

Jennings, Sutton, O'Brien and Reynolds were outstanding and have shown why we are now joint third in the league.

Hats off to the whole club as this is probably one of the best comebacks ever. In December we were languishing in what looked like a relegation dog fight. Now we have a realistic chance of finishing 3rd in the league