Hearts Home Saturday, 13 March 2010

well-army

Got to say i was disappointed with the attendance today, was expecting a lot better from our support and especially the hearts support. As you say they have been known to take a great travelling support and create a great atmosphere, that was lacking today. To be fair tho, i think that was all down to us, we didnt let the team settle at all during the game therefore frustrated the hearts fans and gave them nothing to cheer about, even their consolation goal done very little to lighten the mood in the south stand.

For motherwell though i thought we were fantastic, the hunger and desire that has been installed in this team is fantastic. We fight for every ball and chase everything now. Thats 1 big game out the way, now in a fortnight has to be the most important game of the season to date. Surely we can take a great support and get right behind the boys up there.

Ye ano ima sorry guys i let you down was at the scotland match ( really shouldve won !!!!) gutted i missed this but sounds like we hammered them one of my pals told me the score but i thought he was taking the piss haha did the pitch look any better?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met three Brighton fans pre-match who asked which stand they should go into. Advised them to sit in the East, and it was an inspired choice. They certainly made the right decision to watch us after Brighton lost at home yest again.

Met three Brighton fans pre-match who asked which stand they should go into. Advised them to sit in the East, and it was an inspired choice. They certainly made the right decision to watch us after Brighton lost at home yest again.

Ha ha true! Think they thought we we kidding at first, but spoke to one at half time and he was really impressed!

Before the game i'd have settled for 3-1 big time, but in the end that scoreline flatted the Jambos big time and 4 or 5-0 would've been fairer.

Superb showings all round, but guys like Sutton, O'Brien, Jennings and Reynolds were particularly on form.

Tannadice in a fortnight is a biggie for Europe now, the race for the Top Six is something for the Jambos, Sheep and Saintees to worry about, we're easily there!

what would our crowds be if we had not won in 12 games. I should not get depressed, but I do - this team has a great support, but DESERVES a much larger support!

Not a lot different to what we're getting now to be honest. Mostly diehards who keep going, the 'gloryhunters' don't exist anymore due to a few factors, cost being the biggest one. Sad thing to say but this is what we have.

Fantastic game y/day especially the first half.Found it very hard to pick motm as many people have as everyone played great.Only down side was the crowd - I was expecting a lot more.But I suppose the recession is hitting hard.THat is the worst Hearts crowd I have ever seen.In saying that their team was utter garbage and fouled and kicked us the whole game who would want to watch that every week.With 2 weeks until the Dundee Utd game could the club not organise extra buses for a nominal price to get the punters to the game to get some backing for the team? mon the WELL.............

Great performance. O'Brien and Murphy a real handful. Jennings outstanding.

Agree about the crowd. Noticed Falkirk St Johnston managed about 1000 more than us. No easy answer and an issue for the whole league but we need to try and do something. Hearts did £10 to get in around Christmas for our game there. Maybe we need to look at that. It's a shame because we are doing well (for discussion on another thread perhaps).

Well done Craig Brown!

Excellent performance and result yesterday. We got off to a flying start and could have easily been 4 up after 20 minutes. It was a great all round team performance with every man putting in a shift. I thought Brown should have made some subs earlier on as the likes of O'Brien and Jutkiewicz looked knackered.

Pish support for what was our biggest game of the season so far which is disappointing but not much you can do about it.

Hopefully results will go our way in the next couple of weeks and give us a chance of going to Tannadice to go clear into third place. Mon the Well!

Not a lot different to what we're getting now to be honest. Mostly diehards who keep going, the 'gloryhunters' don't exist anymore due to a few factors, cost being the biggest one. Sad thing to say but this is what we have.

Aye and Naw. I'm pretty sure every one of us there yesterday knew at LEAST ONE person who was sitting in the house/car/shops/whereever genuinely interested in the 'Well result but with no inclination to go at all.

That means there ARE 'Well 'fans' out there. Get them involved - not one game a season for a fiver and hope they will start spending half a shift's wages on 90 minutes of football thereafter but by using a bit of savvy with the season ticket prices. Get them way doon, market it right and we can add another 1500 on to the gate no bother.

Oh and just let U14s walk straight into the ground for free for non OF games and nane of this charging them pish. It will add a few hundred on to the gate and safeguard the future of the club.

Great performance yesterday. The first 25 minutes were reminscent of the early days of the McGhee era-relentless atacking play with plenty of movemnt and pace effectively killing the game off early. For me, most impreesive were Murphy,O'Brien and Jennings. Hard to judge the defenders such was the lack of threat from Hearts. But aye, great stuff - well done to the palyers,fully desreved a standing ovation at full time,shame so many left early.

Aye and Naw. I'm pretty sure every one of us there yesterday knew at LEAST ONE person who was sitting in the house/car/shops/whereever genuinely interested in the 'Well result but with no inclination to go at all.

That means there ARE 'Well 'fans' out there. Get them involved - not one game a season for a fiver and hope they will start spending half a shift's wages on 90 minutes of football thereafter but by using a bit of savvy with the season ticket prices. Get them way doon, market it right and we can add another 1500 on to the gate no bother.

Oh and just let U14s walk straight into the ground for free for non OF games and nane of this charging them pish. It will add a few hundred on to the gate and safeguard the future of the club.

spot on mate i know of 6 well fans that used to be regulars but now spend there saturdays in the house and its all down to the cost.when weve been on a decent run of form in the past you would get a few neautrals and floating fans that would turn up but the cost of football now is at a level where no matter how well were doing attendances arent going to increase.the club is going to need to bite the bullet and drop prices cause if were still paying the same prices next season then more folk will be driven away.we need to get the next generation of fans through the gates and if that means letting under 14s in for nothing then so be it

Great performance and result,actually felt sorry for the

hearts fans who made the effort to travel,they could have gone home after the second went in.Hard to pick a MOTM since everyone was immense.When the run finally comes to an end its gonna be so dissappointing but hey ! its been a great couple of months :( Mon the Well

Marvellous win yesterday and a deserved week off for the players. Started great and wasn't that a peach of a ball from the outstanding O'Brian for the 1st goal.. I was off ma seat as soon as it left his foot. :( . Oh and the strike for his goal wasn't bad either...Roll on sat week and Tannadice. :D .

Picture for teh tird goal on the official website is quite funny. A rather disjointed looking Elliott vainly attempts to keep Reynolds' header out of the net. Elliott looks as bizarre as he did in his YouTube claim to fame.

since when was reynolds captain...?

from bbc site..

Motherwell took the lead within the first two minutes when Reynolds punished the visitors for slack marking at a corner.

O'Brien collected Tom Hateley's short pass and the winger hung the ball up to the far post where the captain nodded home from close range.

link to said article..

Pretty much spot on - if you look back over the years even back to the 70's we were as capable of getting crowds of 8000+ as we were 3200. We seem to have a die hard fan base of between 3500-4000 , any extra on top of that is down to the economy, the entry price and more so the away crowds, which have fallen away dramatically.

Against St Mirren last week we had approx 600 fans on a Tuesday night. That represents 15% of our home gate and when we take 2000+ to some cup ties that is 50% of our fan base. Hearts yesterday took less than 4% of their home support to the game yesterday. We do take some poor crowds to the likes of Pittodrie and Easter Rd etc, but I would suspect our away support expressed as a % of home support would be right up there with the rest of the SPL.

We are where we are B-)

............ Pish support for what was our biggest game of the season so far which is disappointing but not much you can do about it........

Was discussing the very same with Glenmorangie. Less than 4500 for the visit of Hearts is very poor, and given our recent run it makes it even more depressing. The same fixture attracted almost 9000 twice in season 1998-99.

Was discussing the very same with Glenmorangie. Less than 4500 for the visit of Hearts is very poor, and given our recent run it makes it even more depressing. The same fixture attracted almost 9000 twice in season 1998-99.

But then again the game after we made it to the Scottish Cup Final facts show we barely got above 5000 for the visit of Hibs in not too dissimilar circumstances - an exciting finale to the season for us and by their own high standards a fairly nothing season for them. Not a huge amount of difference.

Similarly a month before the final we were playing in front 3500 against Dundee United.

I think you if you look hard enough you can find crowds for games that can back up whatever particular argument you want to put forward.

You can't simply take two crowds and treat it as a like-for-like comparison. So many factors come into play when making the comparison. How were were doing? How were the opposition doing? Was it pissing down or sunny? Was it midweek? Was it the start of the season or the end? Did we or the opposition have anything to play for? Was capacity reduced for redevelopment? Did we have a daft kick-off time or was it played on a daft day? Did we have a few games compressed into a short period around one of the games and so on....

Aye, but we weren't in the middle of a global recession in 98-99 and he game wasn't as expensive to watch.

Just saw the highlights. They scored about 15 seconds from kick-off and the only touch we got was the ball breaking luckily for them off Hammel. They were well pumped in the end though.