Falkirk V St.johnstone Bigger Draw Than Us?

simba

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The attendance at Motherwell has dropped due to the pitch. Nobody is coming back and most of the people returning are season ticket holders. They have paid to endure it, but to be fair today we played some excellent football on probably the worst surface in the UK.

Also Scottish fitbaw is too expensive.

the cost of the 3 for 2 incentive etc is still too much for football.

The fact is, the standard of football in scotland is gash compared to the price it costs to get in.

I'm going to see Barcelona play in April and my ticket cost me less than it cost to get into Fir Park today.

The Falkirk game was a game postponed from 2nd January ( when crowds a traditionally up) that they had sold shed load of tickets for under a 3 for 2 deal that wasn't available on the gate.

so most folks would have just held onto the tickets and went to the rearranged game today

that and a good old relegation dogfight most of the time will actually boost the gates, go figure

but Aye as for us Gaag is correct, its just too feckin expensive add to that we're off many away fans possible selection for past misjudgements and the state of the pitch as well as the minor detail of the recession which is getting tougher instead of better imho

Our home support should be bigger than it is, especially during a 12 match unbeaten run but Hearts are supposedly the third biggest team in Scotland, have something like 15,000 season ticket holders and the brought maybe 400 fans today.

Hearts away form really is abysmal though so maybe you can't really blame Hearts supporters for not traveling!

The attendance at Motherwell has dropped due to the pitch. Nobody is coming back and most of the people returning are season ticket holders. They have paid to endure it, but to be fair today we played some excellent football on probably the worst surface in the UK.

Also Scottish fitbaw is too expensive.

any fan who doesn't go to watch his/her team because of the state of the pitch is a fool

the attendances have been poor all season and to add the low crowds to the endless list of things our pitch has been blamed for is idiocy

as for scottish fitbaw being too expensive .. you're absolutely spot on

I'm lucky enough I can afford to go every week. However there comes a time you ask if its value for money. Nearly every week Motherwell and Hearts games are finishing 0-0, 1-0 or if you very lucky 2-0. Would you pay £22 to watch a game when one team is incredibly defensive and the other organised? The quality is shit, Hearts' results are shit and it costs a fortune. All things considered the best part of 5k is a remarkable attendance but not because its so small!

There is no way the crowd at Falkirk would've been greater than ours without that special deal they had.

Having said that, our lads deserve a bigger support given how well they're doing. Perhaps the club could do something for the rest of the season to get more Well fans inside Fir Park, especially with the prize of European fitba up for grabs again.

Low attendances must be a real concern for the club. We should try 3 for 2, 8 game season packages (I've put no thought into why 8 and not 10 but you get the idea i.e. more flexible fewer game packages) , we should reduce our prices for pay at the gate (£15 for an adult), we should lower ticket prices for away fans or put on coaches to get them to Firpark.

BUT I say all of that knowing it isn't that simple.

A previous thread proposed using the 'Bradford City system' for season ticket sales and I'm all for the club looking at that as well.

Any feedback yet on the Suppoters Committee? Surely ticket pricing and attendances must be on the agenda.

If our support was so critically important then maybe they shouldn't charge us so much to watch. The price is ridiculous, the catering is shite, and fans are treated like criminals.

It's a shame that attendances haven't rocketed since we've been on this great run, but wins wont make people's bosses pay them more or reduce the cost of their mortgage.

Sitting outside old Trafford just now. Total cost for myself and son is £37 very similar to Fir Park.

What's better value for money ?

Assuming you've travelled from Scotland I'd say Fir Park without a doubt. You have to take travel costs into account.

Watching footie is not all about value for money and watching the most successful teams in Europe. Each to their own though.

It has to be worrying that we have a lower average attendance this season than Falkirk or Kilmarnock considering the contrasting performances this season.

If you exclude matches against Rangers, Celtic and Hibernian we've only had one 5,000+ attendance all season and that was the first home match of the season.

Similarly, take away Jeff Stelling and the lads and I'll think about going back more regularly.

More often than not the game is not enjoyable viewing. I no longer see the point in parting with the cash when I can keep track of the game from the house or the pub.

The sense of anticipation of going to FP has long since deserted me, regardless of form.

Similarly, take away Jeff Stelling and the lads and I'll think about going back more regularly.

More often than not the game is not enjoyable viewing. I no longer see the point in parting with the cash when I can keep track of the game from the house or the pub.

The sense of anticipation of going to FP has long since deserted me, regardless of form.

good point there,you can't beat sitting in the pub with a coupon on with your mates[next saturday] :(