Mfc Trivia : Facts & Figures, Odds And Ends

trafficlight

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kampman was only there for about six months. I think it was 1998 but he came in around the February and was gone around the end of September, start of October the same year.

Can't be much difference between Kampman, Gannon or to chuck a name in from the past Bobby Watson who took over from Jock Wallace, I'm estimating around November 1983 and would have been gone by May the next year.

I meant the League Cup in 1950 obviously. I believe 8 of the starting XI were the same for the two Cup Finals, which is remarkable in itself given they were more than 18 months apart.

I'm guessing not so surprising in those days when entire teams played together for a number of years. No squad game then, if someone asked you to name, for example, the right back for the top 10 teams in the country I suspect that you would have 10 names that played almost every week of the season. And most of them would be with a club for 2-3 years at least...

Re the 10 years continual service question, pretty sure that's not a hard and fast rule anywhere but just a tradition.

Colin O'Neill received a testimonial but couldn't have had 10 years service, that was more due to the fact he had to retire through injury. John Kennedy is getting a testimonial for the same reasons at Celtic.......

Interesting one that. I would have thought one of our 70's hardmen like Willie McVie or Gregor Stevens. Does anyone keep these sort of stats?

i think it was a lot harder to get sent off back in the old days. i'm a bit too young but i don't think we were winning any fair play awards back in the 70s. i saw a picture of tam forsyth the other day, fuck going in for a fifty/fifty with him!