Mfc Trivia : Facts & Figures, Odds And Ends

trafficlight

Just scanned back to 96/97 on the database

Stephen Pearson 4 (01/02=1 celtic 0-4, 02/03=2 hibs 1-3 Aberdeen 0-1, 03/04=1 Partick 2-2)

Clarkson 3 (04/05=1 ICT 1-2,06/07 =1 Killie 2-1, 08/09=1 celtic 0-2)

Paul Quinn 3 (06/07=1 Dundee Utd 1-1, 08/09=2 Killie 0-1 Aberdeen 0-2)

Kevin Christie 2

Shaun Teale 2

Greg Strong 2

Derek Adams 2

David Partridge 2

a few others with 1 red card to their name in that period but special mention to the Flask who managed 1 red card from his two brief substitute appearances for the club

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just scanned back to 96/97 on the database

Stephen Pearson 4 (01/02=1 celtic 0-4, 02/03=2 hibs 1-3 Aberdeen 0-1, 03/04=1 Partick 2-2)

Clarkson 3 (04/05=1 ICT 1-2,06/07 =1 Killie 2-1, 08/09=1 celtic 0-2)

Paul Quinn 3 (06/07=1 Dundee Utd 1-1, 08/09=2 Killie 0-1 Aberdeen 0-2)

Kevin Christie 2

Shaun Teale 2

Greg Strong 2

Derek Adams 2

David Partridge 2

a few others with 1 red card to their name in that period but special mention to the Flask who managed 1 red card from his two brief substitute appearances for the club

Dubordeau (sp?) was also sent off during that period, down at Rugby Park for a swipe at Dargo (I think) that ultimately cost us the game.

Also, that 3-1 game at Hibs where Pearson got sent off, he was one of three I think - Sengewald and Ferguson maybe?

Another also - Reynolds walked at East End Park in a 4-1 defeat during the end of the Malpas era.

In conclusion - yer database has got bigger holes in it than the afore-mentioned Malpas defense!

Dubordeau (sp?) was also sent off during that period, down at Rugby Park for a swipe at Dargo (I think) that ultimately cost us the game.

Also, that 3-1 game at Hibs where Pearson got sent off, he was one of three I think - Sengewald and Ferguson maybe?

Another also - Reynolds walked at East End Park in a 4-1 defeat during the end of the Malpas era.

In conclusion - yer database has got bigger holes in it than the afore-mentioned Malpas defense!

Sengewald, Pearson and Partridge.

Players with one red card will be covered by the phrase " a few others with one red card to their name in that period."

• 2 weeks later...

I remember a Lanarkshire Cup tie mid-week once at Fir Park when there was 1003 (or something like that) at the game, pretty sure of that, and it was during the 90s. You could count the Accies fans who made it as they sat in the main stand - all 12 of them.........

Seem to remember a penalty shoot out victory against Airdrie in a Lanarkshire Cup final at Fir Park. Think it was only the Main Stand that was open.

Anyone got a better memory?

Not sure how accurate it is, but wiki has the Lanarkshire_Cup winners listed. We have lifted the trophy 32 times.

That's a nice wee find that wiki page, though I can spot a couple of inaccuracies in there.

I mind there was a topic on the Accies forum about the LC not so long ago, and one of their club officials who posts on it confirmed they actually went from 1934'35 to 1985'86 without winning it. A four team tournament with Albion Rovers one of them and you only win once in over 50 years :O

Towards the end there were a few held at Fir Park that I remember attending one I don't which may be one of those being referred to. I was down south for the weekend but remember us playing Accies on a Friday night a few days before Christmas which had the likes of Krivokapic and McGrillen to name but a few involved when McLeish was in charge. That would have been 94'95 season.

Got a fantastic Derek Wilson book. Sure he won't mind me quoting a few bits of MFC miscellany ;)

In Season 1953/54 Motherwell & Dumbarton played out a 6 - 6 draw..... a record for the highest scoring drawn match in senior British football.

MFC have been relegated from the Top flight on 4 occasions, bouncing back immediately on 3. We have also been saved from relegation on technicalities 4 times :nod:

In season 1995/96 Willie Faulkner was our top scorer ....................... with 5 league goals :O

Got a fantastic Derek Wilson book. Sure he won't mind me quoting a few bits of MFC miscellany :nod:

In Season 1953/54 Motherwell & Dumbarton played out a 6 - 6 draw..... a record for the highest scoring drawn match in senior British football.

A record yes but one we share and we weren't the first to have a 6-6 draw. Leicester v Arsenal in 1930 is possibly the first. But we were certainly the first to be involved in a 6-6 draw in Scottish football.

In season 1995/96 Willie Faulkner was our top scorer ....................... with 5 league goals :wallbash:

Now there's a stat! How many leagues goals in total did Motherwell score that season?

And how about most hat-tricks for the club? Apologies if already covered.

Oh yeah, and the official answer to lowest attendance?