Celtic Game (away)

Rickoza

Rescheduled, according to the Shellic official website, for Tuesday, 13th April at 1945....

13/04/2010 Clydesdale Bank Premier League Motherwell 19:45

Wahey! I don't remember ever playing any of the bigot brothers on their own patch on telly.

I can remember one definite and one possible. The definite, McGhee's first season we played Rangers in a midweeker at Ibrox, lost 1-0 to a lateish goal.

At Parkhead a couple of years earlier we were there on the opening day, a Sunday afternoon, which I presume would have been live too.

I can remember one definite and one possible. The definite, McGhee's first season we played Rangers in a midweeker at Ibrox, lost 1-0 to a lateish goal.

At Parkhead a couple of years earlier we were there on the opening day, a Sunday afternoon, which I presume would have been live too.

The first one was a late Barry Ferguson volley around 75 minutes or so? McGhee played a 3-2-3-1-1 or something like that if memory serves me right?

Second one was the 4-4 draw? I'm pretty sure that was at Fir Park though?

Would have been quite a long time ago then. Pretty shite how the TV deals have always worked but you seen at greyskull on Sunday what happens to their attendance when their home matches against the plebs of the SPL are on telly.

EDIT: Don't remember the 1-0 at Ibrox, still, doesn't happen very often.

The first one was a late Barry Ferguson volley around 75 minutes or so? McGhee played a 3-2-3-1-1 or something like that if memory serves me right?

Second one was the 4-4 draw? I'm pretty sure that was at Fir Park though?

Know the one you're referring to Gazzy, that was a half-twelve on a Saturday afternoon. First game after they lost the league at Fir Park as I recall :rolleyes:

The one I'm referring to would have been under Butcher I think about 2004 or 2005.

Would have been quite a long time ago then. Pretty shite how the TV deals have always worked but you seen at greyskull on Sunday what happens to their attendance when their home matches against the plebs of the SPL are on telly.

EDIT: Don't remember the 1-0 at Ibrox, still, doesn't happen very often.

Might have changed now but there was a limit though to how many home games you can broadcast of any one team. I'm sure it was four which when you take away 2 Old Firm games only leaves two other home games for each of them.

They would generally only be towards the end of the season when the telly companies would "hope" to catch them winning the league in that game.

So you're right, it won't have been very often, albeit there are a few examples if you go back further enough.

The game where Owen Coyle ruined Rangers 9-in-a-row party was live on Sky.

Remember watching this in what turned out to be Buns pub in Falkirk - sweet sweet day :rolleyes:

I'm away on hols from 9th April, so well chuffed if game is now gonna be on telly - now where's a Smellic pub in Dornoch

MON RA DOSSERS

you could watch the game at parkhead earlier in the season at certain pubs and online and we still took 400+. the people who are in the habit of going to away matches will go regardless.

plus us potentially equalling our best post war unbeaten run versus a shambolic celtic team. probably the most attractive fixture at parkhead for a good few years.

You staying at Dornoch Castle Hotel (or whatever it's called) mate?

Nah nothing that grand - got a caravan in Embo, the wee village just outside Dornoch - been going up for years and got to know some of the local traders who mostly are County fans and are quite happy to talk all things Dosser :D

MON RA DOSSERS