Highlights....

Guest 'Flow

Guest JohnnyDefault
Anyone?

Stubbs is on the coaching staff at Everton

I'm sure I read on the BBC column that Everton are said to be preparing a bid for Berra and Driver

Do you really think we were that good? We showed some nice touches, but thats as bad a Hearts performance i've seen for a long time. Lasley and Hughes please for fucksake when you get a clear shot at goal 18-30 yards out fuckin melt it. :evilgrin:

Guest JohnnyDefault
Hearts were as bad as we made them look so we must have done our jobs pretty well for them to look so bad

I agree with that fatcalf. A few spells in the match when they were trying to knock it around I was mega impressed with our tenacity and energy in shutting them down - it was absolutely brilliant play.

OK we didn't maybe set the heather on fire with silky creative soccer - but I never felt at any time during that game that we were going to lose - silky soccer is only part of the equation - and we looked better in the defensive side of the game (and by that I don't just mean our players at the back) than we have done for a long time - We defended well - all over the park!

I don't think anybody has said that we were back to our best - and a bit more confidence from range and better quality delivery (across the team) and we'll be back in amongst it.

No reasons for any :evilgrin: assessments of our play at all tho (IMHO)

I didn't think Hearts were that bad during the week, at least not as bad as folk are making out. In fairness maybe many were expecting a top class performance from them.

They were a big, solid side who gave little away. We didn't score more than 1 goal and didn't force their keeper into a series of world class saves. In the second half they had us pinned back for protracted spells albeit they used the long ball a lot. Worryingly, their midfield did bulldoze ours in the last 45.

Where they did fall down badly was a complete lack of creativity and threat in front of goals. We'll witness poorer performances from visiting sides at FP.