Craig And Archie's Contracts

southernsteel

I was listening to Five Live this morning. Broony was on to talk about the League Cup Final. I was surprised to hear him say that Craig and Archie had only "agreed their extended contracts in principle but hadn't yet signed anything". I am maybe being a bit paranoid but there sounded like a very small element of doubt about signing and even a little bit of irritation that nothing was signed.

Given that Gannon worked for several months without a written contract it's a slight worry that Craig and Archie seem to be in the same position. I'd be much happier to know that they'd both signed on the dotted line.

C'mon Leanne - get the contract drafted - it can't take that long.

It wasn't 100% clear. He just seemed to make a point of saying that contracts had been agreed in principle but nothing was yet signed.

The way I'd read it I was under the impression that contracts had been signed and sealed a few weeks ago.

Might take a trawl through some archive official team news to see exactly what was said at the time.

Seems simple to me. He and Archie were brought in until the end of the season to steady the ship. They have both done very well and Boyle has probably said to them that they will get new 2 year deals when the season is over and we know what kind of financial position we will be in.

The official site had this quote:

Brown insists that any bounce following a new manager is natural and also confirmed that he has indeed agreed to stay at the club till the end of next season.

“Psychologists call it the Hawthorne effect, I think, the impact of someone new,” he explained.

“You saw it at Kilmarnock with Jimmy coming in and getting a very good result against Celtic. We hope it will be maintained and we think there is no reason why not because the players are committed, they are good players.

“We`re the same guys next week as we were last week so hopefully we`ll get a similar response to the end of the season.

“Going forward, I can confirm we have the job until the end of the 2010/2011 season.

It would appear that quote is a verbal assurance and what Brown was commenting on the radio is he hasn't got it in writing.

After how things panned out with Gannon it seems incredible that this is repeating itself.

Brown's a wanker - he should have the decency to sign the contract and stop fucking the club about! ;)

Anybody trust Cletic not to come sniffing after Jack and Victor???? :whjstling:

You never know, but can you really see Archie Knox going to Celtic given he was part of the Rangers 9iar management team? And neither him or Craig Brown are 'Celtic men' so if that appointment happened then the Celtic hoardes would implode.

As for the contract situation with Brown and Knox at Motherwell, I find this worrying. Very worrying indeed. The club were never clear on the situation with Gannon's contract and I still find it just a wee bit strange that they sacked Gannon for not signing a contract when it had become apparent that he had been appointed without signing one in the first place!

We were told back in late January/early February that Brown and Knox had been given contracts until the end of the 2010/11 season and now it appears that this might not be the case.

So what's going on at Fir Park???