Ross Forbes

Psycho1991

Again Burn Broomfield you can't accept that someone has a different opinion from you.

At the end of the day, the only opinion that really matters is Craig Browns, and i'd like to think he knows more about the game than you do.

The fact that he's still giving him the odd game here & there tells me that he already knows how to deal with bringing young players through properly.

I'd also wager that anything that the fans have spotted will have been spotted by Brown as well, and he'll be dealing with it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Forbes is a fit lad compared to average guy on here but someone compared his ability to last the pace unfavourably to Steve McGarry and he wasn't wrong. At the moment he is having no real impact on the game one way or another.

Playing out wide without pace is certainly not easy but if he wants to step up a level he either needs to find a right foot as good as his left or more of an engine to get about the park better as right now I'd take McGarry ahead of him.

Even a half interested looking Coke gets involved more.

I've rated Forbes since Llanelli at home, but feel he has become a victim of his own success.

On current form, he should be nowhere near the first team and he should definitely not be getting played at left mid.

I think we should remember that this his first full season at this level, and given time to improve his fitness and get more experience he could show us his early season form more often.

Kleptos need to get off his back.

EDIT: Kleptos??

Hes no unfit, he is probaly one of the slowest folk on our team. Id love to see him and Craggs in a 100m sprint.

On the comment him being like Lasley, no similarities IMO. Lasley is a defensive minded guy, usually passes the ball backwards. Forbes is far more attacking, good range of passing and can strike a ball. How da fuck are they alike? :rolleyes:

Forbes: Big talking point this year.

He is in his first FULL season as a professional

He is still growing

His fitness yes is poor but that is the easy part to change.

If he was rank rotten then its harder to get better.

for me forbes passing and shooting is spot on.

He will be a big player for us in the next few years. I dont know much about the boy but he is defenately not P15H.

And the whole team has been poor by all accounts over the last 3 games. Including the management.

The problem for Forbes is he is not a wide player he is a central midfielder. Unfortunatley for him Lasley and Jennings have been a great partnership so its going to be difficult for him to get a game in his prefered position. In a couple of seasons he'll be a first team regular

I've rated Forbes since Llanelli at home, but feel he has become a victim of his own success.

On current form, he should be nowhere near the first team and he should definitely not be getting played at left mid.

I think we should remember that this his first full season at this level, and given time to improve his fitness and get more experience he could show us his early season form more often.

Kleptos need to get off his back.

"cause hees no 1st team experience ayeeeeee!"

xxxxx

Too many folk here are confusing fitness with speed. If someone is naturally slow you can never improve that but if they are fast you can work on that. Take marathon runners for example - they could run for 120 minutes solid but they'd always be slow over short distances.

i'd disagree with that, not to say you can turn Forbes in Usain Bolt but between looking at and improving his running/sprint technique and tailoring training to suit short explosive bursts no reason why you can't improve any players pace.

He never seems to bust a gut to get back when we lose the ball. I know he isn't the fastest but he always seems to be strolling/jogging back which suggests to me that he's struggling for fitness.

Could be the role he's been asked to play?

Might not be the case but I know players take some stick from fans when all they are doing is following orders.

i'd disagree with that, not to say you can turn Forbes in Usain Bolt but between looking at and improving his running/sprint technique and tailoring training to suit short explosive bursts no reason why you can't improve any players pace.

Its a matter of degree mate. Strictly speaking you can improve everyone's speed but the question is would the improvement be significant? With the best will will in the world we'll never make Ross Forbes or Keith Lasley fast. If they're good enough though it doesn't matter - Jim Baxter anyone?

Could be the role he's been asked to play?

Might not be the case but I know players take some stick from fans when all they are doing is following orders.

I wouldn't like to think so as Hammell is left exposed far too often when Forbes is playing left-mid. Craig Brown likes to set his team up to be hard to beat and not to lose too many goals so I'd be surprised if Forbes has been told not to put much effort into tracking runs.

Its a matter of degree mate. Strictly speaking you can improve everyone's speed but the question is would the improvement be significant? With the best will will in the world we'll never make Ross Forbes or Keith Lasley fast. If they're good enough though it doesn't matter - Jim Baxter anyone?

Aye well sadly decent as Forbes is he no Jim Baxter. If he could find an extra half yard of pace it would do him no harm in the hurly burly of the SPL. Wouldn't want to see him blunt his creative edge but on days when you aren't on top of your game you still have to be able to be able to put a shift in and not accusing the lad of not trying but he looks well off the pace.

I guess what we're looking for is someone between Rossco and big Yass.

Rossco: Slow as f*&k but what a touch and abilitiy to pass/shoot.

Yass: Fast as f*&k but crap at the touch and couldn't cross himself.

Get a grip and give the boy a chance. He'll come good!

I guess what we're looking for is someone between Rossco and big Yass.

Rossco: Slow as f*&k but what a touch and abilitiy to pass/shoot.

Yass: Fast as f*&k but crap at the touch and couldn't cross himself.

Get a grip and give the boy a chance. He'll come good!

Never mind Rentokil or Forbes, but what would you rather have out of the two descriptions above?

Never mind Rentokil or Forbes, but what would you rather have out of the two descriptions above?

I quite liked Yass in the early days but his confidence went really quickly when so called fans started booing him. Lets hope Ross can get his confidence up a bit before the boos come on matchday.

Out of the 2 of them I think I'll opt for Forbes.

i think watchin him play is hilarious hahah he is the highlight of the game. He runs in slow motion and he looks soooo retarded. :P

But wait... "hes in the team to hit th penelties and score from 30 yards" :O

is he wit.. he scored one good goal n he missed a pen against HAMILTON :lol::doh::D:lol:

Have to agree with that Paco, he does have a funny running technique. Agree with other posters though he could become quicker especially ove the first few yards if he improved his technique. If he did improve this it would give him more time to play his passes and maybe he could play out wide more comfortably.