Ross Forbes

Psycho1991

I was wary when he came into the team that he was doing too much too soon. Although it was fantastic at the time, scoring three or four screamers in your first handful of games was always going to be maintained. I think as Sieb said the position he played suited him, but we should be playing a system that suits Motherwell, not Ross Forbes. Similarly to Steve McGarry, he was fairly comfortable in midfield or forward in a 4-3-3, but he didn't look particularly adept anywhere in a 4-4-2.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forbes with Las & Jennings as deep sitting Cm's with Forbes having licence to create would soon bear fruit. Our most creative midfielder by a mile, rarely loses the ball, but is wasted out wide left. Barca wouldn't have Xavi out wide. Our best players should always play their best positions.

There was a comment from Broon a week or two back about the general fitness of the players. There was a remark about they were fit and how Archie Knox had worked them hard, but how this was merely a forerunner as to what they'd be in for come the summer. I think the term he used was "superfit".

That being the case, we'll see then what if any difference there is in Rossco if this perceived lack of fitness for the SPL is accurate.

It has been a disappointment to see him slide out of things throughout the season. Turning point for me was missing the penalty at Accies. That really seemed to dent his confidence and its never quite returned.

Today I thought when Las went off it was the ideal opportunity to give him a run alongside Jennings in central-midfield and bring on Humphrey then offering us a bit more creativity and someone who can strike a ball around the edge of the box. I agree with Sieb that after initially surprising me how well Lasley and Jennings have done together, they have looked really "samey" the last couple of games and it would have been interesting to see how he fitted in alongside Jennings.

Forbes with Las & Jennings as deep sitting Cm's with Forbes having licence to create would soon bear fruit. Our most creative midfielder by a mile, rarely loses the ball, but is wasted out wide left. Barca wouldn't have Xavi out wide. Our best players should always play their best positions.

Did you just compare Xavi and Ross forbes ? :);):lol:

Please tell me you didn't.

forbes is non existant playing left mid its the same as when fitzy plays there they dont have the attributes for that role.for me forbes should be played in behind the strikers where he can thread balls through and have a crack when hes in sight of goal passing and shooting is his strength so it makes sense.a game like today wouldve been ideal for him playing in behind the forwards cause our play was to slow and predictable and there was to much space between murphy and sutton we needed a midfielder further forward.forbes was outstanding earlier in the season where he treated us to some terrific goals and remembering this is his first season at this level so for folk to say hes pish is nonsense

forbes is non existant playing left mid its the same as when fitzy plays there they dont have the attributes for that role.for me forbes should be played in behind the strikers where he can thread balls through and have a crack when hes in sight of goal passing and shooting is his strength so it makes sense.a game like today wouldve been ideal for him playing in behind the forwards cause our play was to slow and predictable and there was to much space between murphy and sutton we needed a midfielder further forward.forbes was outstanding earlier in the season where he treated us to some terrific goals and remembering this is his first season at this level so for folk to say hes pish is nonsense

Is it really? He hasn't kicked a ball since October! So you are going to let him live on that for the rest of the season ?

Not a bad game but plural! He has been pish for months!

That must be a lot of months you speak of because hes hardly played lately, if at all.

Its folk like you that probably go off there head when Forbes (or others) make a mistake, which at times is not there fault, even if it was, the are only human they make mistakes - like you say they don't play for Real Madrid, if they didn't make those silly mistakes they probably wouldn't play for us at all.

Why not, get off his back, encourage the guy when he plays and stop banging on about how pish he is, which is totally needless to say the least.

Ok, his fitness is poor, very poor, but McGarry made a reasonible living of not lasting 60minutes and needing hooked. The guy has a lot to offer us, he is still only 21 (?) and is only going to get better with confidence, training and being coached by the likes of Archie and Craig.

And people who do use him as a scrapegoat, get a life, just because we did lose today doesn't mean we need to blame someone. We were gash today but cheer the fuck up, we ain't in the worse position ever, are we?

Is it really? He hasn't kicked a ball since October! So you are going to let him live on that for the rest of the season ?

He hasn't kicked a ball since October yet, hes been pish for the last few months? Aye very good.

why no he helped us to win enough points at the start of the season so i will let him live on that the now

Have to agree this young lad is not SPL class at the moment he should be dropped and work on his fitness and confidence. In his defence i was in a hospitality box in the south stand today and he came in and he really is just a wee boy. Give him time folks and dont be too harsh. Hopefully in about a year or so we can get him playing well.

That must be a lot of months you speak of because hes hardly played lately, if at all.

Its folk like you that probably go off there head when Forbes (or others) make a mistake, which at times is not there fault, even if it was, the are only human they make mistakes - like you say they don't play for Real Madrid, if they didn't make those silly mistakes they probably wouldn't play for us at all.

Why not, get off his back, encourage the guy when he plays and stop banging on about how pish he is, which is totally needless to say the least.

Ok, his fitness is poor, very poor, but McGarry made a reasonible living of not lasting 60minutes and needing hooked. The guy has a lot to offer us, he is still only 21 (?) and is only going to get better with confidence, training and being coached by the likes of Archie and Craig.

And people who do use him as a scrapegoat, get a life, just because we did lose today doesn't mean we need to blame someone. We were gash today but cheer the fuck up, we ain't in the worse position ever, are we?

He hasn't kicked a ball since October yet, hes been pish for the last few months? Aye very good.

:lol: He hasn't kicked aball since October = His last good game was October which means he was pish since october which I think ( I beleive, IMO , My point ofview) is included in the last few months. Now take the Claret and amber specs off! Stop being retarded and admit Ross Forbes is pish.

In Fact when was the last time we saw that cringeworthy flag! I beleive the majority of the Well support agree with me.

Thought you might bite at that :lol::lol::lol::lol:

another who knows fuck all about football. Sieb has it right.

Again Burn Broomfield you can't accept that someone has a different opinion from you. Thus, you use the typical retort of "you know fuck all about fitba" Utter pish i know as much as the next man and I am entitled to my opinion as much as the next man. So tell me when was the last time forbes had a good game? He has been murder for months!

Say all us 'Well fans agree he is pish, what changes? Will Brown drop him or terminate his contract?

Naw, he won't so, is there much need to keep going on and on about it, no there isn't. I expect there is a lot of fans who agree with you, mainly from the thick fucks who sit in parts of the East Stand - bet those same people couldnt admit it and praise him when he does something productive. Fair enough, post your opinion and let folk agree and disagree, thats the full point of the board but, to constantly go on about it, whats the point?

Why not you do something productive and encourage the guy or are you totally wrapped up in your little world of negativity that you can't do that?

So tell me when was the last time forbes had a good game? He has been murder for months!

You know so much about football, go on tell us all how much Ross Forbes has played for the first team in the last few months.

Rocket :lol:

Say all us 'Well fans agree he is pish, what changes? Will Brown drop him or terminate his contract?

Naw, he won't so, is there much need to keep going on and on about it, no there isn't. I expect there is a lot of fans who agree with you, mainly from the thick fucks who sit in parts of the East Stand - bet those same people couldnt admit it and praise him when he does something productive. Fair enough, post your opinion and let folk agree and disagree, thats the full point of the board but, to constantly go on about it, whats the point?

Why not you do something productive and encourage the guy or are you totally wrapped up in your little world of negativity that you can't do that?

:lol: So responding to criticism of my post means I keep going on about it? Get your head out of the sand. Brown should terminate his contract! We haven't saw the flag for months so the majority of the well fans must hokd the same opinion as me. What a waste of money :lol:

After that pish today I find it strange that you can single out a player from the team.

And your criticism is way. way over the top.

I agree he had a poor game. however it is his first start since when, October?

Have you never heard of a thing called match fitness which only comes from playing games. you can be as fit as feck but play a game of football and after the first five minutes you will be blowing out your erse.Have you ever played football?

The boy had a great start under Gannon and played continuously from July to October when he was scoring goals and looking really good.

Where you complaining then?

Get off the boys back, he is obviously Premier League class not 3rd division.

He just had a poor game, the same as his team mates

Tell us all, in your infinate wisdom, who had a good game today??? :lol:

You know so much about football, go on tell us all how much Ross Forbes has played for the first team in the last few months.

Rocket :lol:

He has played more than 10. I don't know the exact figure but it's plenty since October and he has been shite in every game!

I think a lot of fans actually place a lotmore pressure/have higher expectations on boys from the youth system than they do signings from outwith the club. It's a strange situation as you think it would be the other way round.

After that pish today I find it strange that you can single out a player from the team.

And your criticism is way. way over the top.

I agree he had a poor game. however it is his first start since when, October?

Have you never heard of a thing called match fitness which only comes from playing games. you can be as fit as feck but play a game of football and after the first five minutes you will be blowing out your erse.Have you ever played football?

The boy had a great start under Gannon and played continuously from July to October when he was scoring goals and looking really good.

Where you complaining then?

Get off the boys back, he is obviously Premier League class not 3rd division.

He just had a poor game, the same as his team mates

Tell us all, in your infinate wisdom, who had a good game today???

Come back when you have the correct facts!