Ross Forbes

Psycho1991

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

says yeh who walked out at half time, rather than support, i.e. encourage the team

They showed no passion nor fight. I pay my season ticket for oodles of years even though I have been in the army and served in Iraq and Afghanistan so they don't deserve encouragment. For three seasons I had a season ticket and got to 1 game all 3 seasons so don't start that shite. It is good to see that you didn't disagree with my point on Forbes though. His fitness is an embarrassment for an SPL player. He should be utterly ashamed of himself.

He has the promise to be a very good player, his passing is good,dead ball delivery great + shooting cracking as well, but he makes Steve McGarry look like an olympic athlete at times and that really isnt good enough.

Alot of pressure on the boy after his start to the season. personally Id send him on loan to Brechin or the like till the end of the season with a vigorous fitness regime, let him work on that + play with no spotlight

Forbes didn't play well but I think its very unfair to single a player out today. The whole team was garbage.

That is a very fair statement if I was just going by today's match but this has been brewing for a while.

Ross Forbes' fitness is a disgrace to the Claret and Amber jersey end of.

he had quite a poor game today,

was quite surprised to see him chucked back into the starting line up,

I go as far as saying it was a mistake, Broony seems to have been juggling that position about a bit too much the last three or four games so he's obviously not convinced anyone is the right man for the role. ( I reckon Hately might be)

but don't think we'll see Ross starting anytime soon, as harsh as Psycho is and as over the top as the thread title is, some of the points are valid, he's miles of the pace of the game and just doesn't seem to have the 'engine' to cope.

However he has talent and could yet go onto be the great player his early potential has shown us, not if he is subjected to the Motherwell supporters tho'

Ah the old defense of the shit player being played out of position.

Does that really defend his fitness though ?

I'm not defending his fitness.

He would do a good job in centre mid, and has done earlier in the season.

He hasn't got the pace for left mid, so should really be working on his acceleration over the first few yards to stand any chance of getting past players if the ball is played infront of him.

He didn't play well today it's true, but considering how low on confidence he seems to single him out for abuse like this just isn't on. He simply isn't a left winger, his best position is inside left in a midfield three, the position he played early in the season when he was on fire.

It might be to his benefit to have him on the bench for the rest of the season, taking him out the spotlight so to speak. The issue of his fitness isn't entirely fair, it's more to do with his lack of pace. Yes he isn't the quickest, but his delivery at times is superb and he has a great shot on him.

I say keep off his back and help get the lad's confidence up. There's nothing like a Motherwell support to abuse our young players!!

He did have a poor game today, but you can see he is playing with no confidence.

I think we may have found our new Fitzy as there were a few guys in front of me berating him at every opportunity, including once where he could do nothing as the ball was fast on its way out the park.

He didn't play well today it's true, but considering how low on confidence he seems to single him out for abuse like this just isn't on. He simply isn't a left winger, his best position is inside left in a midfield three, the position he played early in the season when he was on fire.

It might be to his benefit to have him on the bench for the rest of the season, taking him out the spotlight so to speak. The issue of his fitness isn't entirely fair, it's more to do with his lack of pace. Yes he isn't the quickest, but his delivery at times is superb and he has a great shot on him.

I say keep off his back and help get the lad's confidence up. There's nothing like a Motherwell support to abuse our young players!!

Totally agree with this post Yir. In todays game he was the only player to find a forward pass to feet and I personally think he is wasted in the left of midfield. He doesnt have the same fitness/pace or trickery of JOB but when he has the ball to feet he very rarely loses possesion.

When was the last time he played Centre Mid. I would have him in there with Jennings or Lasley playing just behind him. I think both Jenno and Lasley have been shite playing beside each other for a good few weeks and both dont offer enough going forward, our centre midfield is always side to side or backwards, no creativity at all.

Why do we as a support have to find a scapegoat when things go wrong. For example what did JOB do today that Forbes didnt, whats did Jenno or Las do today that Forbes didnt. Some of the shouts from our fans where down right fucking awful. We as supporters can be a complete disgrace at times.

Would we as fans be happy for a player to be as fast as fuck, chase every ball and foul the odd player but look like he is bursting a gut or do we want someone who is composed on the ball, can pick a pass for fun, score a good few goals and hit a great delivery into the box. How people can question Fobes effort is beyond me, he knows his limitations and plays to them.

This is one of the problems with a Scottish football fan, they are happy with blood and snotters with no end product but dont accept someone who cant run like a headless chicken to every tackle and ball to make them look good.

Totally agree with this post Yir. In todays game he was the only player to find a forward pass to feet and I personally think he is wasted in the left of midfield. He doesnt have the same fitness/pace or trickery of JOB but when he has the ball to feet he very rarely loses possesion.

When was the last time he played Centre Mid. I would have him in there with Jennings or Lasley playing just behind him. I think both Jenno and Lasley have been shite playing beside each other for a good few weeks and both dont offer enough going forward, our centre midfield is always side to side or backwards, no creativity at all.

Why do we as a support have to find a scapegoat when things go wrong. For example what did JOB do today that Forbes didnt, whats did Jenno or Las do today that Forbes didnt. Some of the shouts from our fans where down right fucking awful. We as supporters can be a complete disgrace at times.

Would we as fans be happy for a player to be as fast as fuck, chase every ball and foul the odd player but look like he is bursting a gut or do we want someone who is composed on the ball, can pick a pass for fun, score a good few goals and hit a great delivery into the box. How people can question Fobes effort is beyond me, he knows his limitations and plays to them.

This is one of the problems with a Scottish football fan, they are happy with blood and snotters with no end product but dont accept someone who cant run like a headless chicken to every tackle and ball to make them look good.

Or is it that we just want a player who can run for 90 minutes. He is unfit end of....

It wasn't his day.

He played out of position.

The state of the pitch all but put paid to the talents he does have.

Its his first season and he is entitled to be tired.

Lay off him he wont always be that bad - criticise only if he is consistently that poor.

DONE